2015: Training Camp

I have high hopes for Tyms. I REALLY like him!

So today a plane is circling the practice field flying a banner that says "Cheaters Look Up - - - @JetsFansMedia".

Does anyone have a green laser pointer? I mean, they like green anyway.

I'm quite certain that will be the only banner the Jets or its fans will see this season.
They asked Malcolm Butler about that banner. MB: "I didn't see it."
BB has gotten to him good. LMAO

I am super glad Baldy is there BTW. I love him. He's the NFLN equivalent of Pat Kirwan/Tim Ryan.

Also, what's the deal with info about who failed the conditioning tests being out there? That's different, no? Used to be BB kept that shit on double secret lockdown IIRC.

I am super glad Baldy is there BTW. I love him. He's the NFLN equivalent of Pat Kirwan/Tim Ryan.

I'm glad you mentioned Baldy. Life can't be easy for him these days working for the league and their network.

He is just about the only guy you will hear on that channel who has the balls to tell the truth and I don't think that is because the programming director wanted a dissenting voice among the lockstep muckrakers.

It could end up being a career-killer for Baldy but he doesn't seem to care and just keeps saying what he thinks.

I have a ton of respect for that guy.

I'm glad you mentioned Baldy. Life can't be easy for him these days working for the league and their network.

He is just about the only guy you will hear on that channel who has the balls to tell the truth and I don't think that is because the programming director wanted a dissenting voice among the lockstep muckrakers.

It could end up being a career-killer for Baldy but he doesn't seem to care and just keeps saying what he thinks.

I have a ton of respect for that guy.

I love Baldy. Him and Kirwan/Ryan are three of my favorite football guys. I think maybe since he is '2nd level' (or even 3rd) talent in the business, it's a perfect opportunity for NFLN to give him the platform without a ton of people ever getting to see it. A win-win for everyone....Baldy has a job and the NFLN can claim to provide impartial coverage.

Word of today's practice

practice: **Dont'a Hightower, Jerod Mayo, Jamie Collins and Chandler Jones were all present after missing all or most of OTAs and minicamp. Hightower, recovering from February shoulder surgery, jogged onto the field carrying his helmet and shoulder pads. The Pats didn't practice in pads, however.
**A good sign for Aaron Dobson: the third-year receiver received goal line with Tom Brady in a drill that also featured Rob Gronkowski, Julian Edelman and Scott Chandler. The latter three figure to be obvious red zone targets for Brady (and/or Jimmy Garoppolo). Depending on how long Brandon LaFell (PUP list) is out, Dobson will have a nice opportunity to make his mark.
After the drill, Brady spent considerable time talking with Chandler, the 6-foot-7 tight end who signed this past offseason after a successful stint with the Bills.
Later in the practice, only Gronkowski, Edelman and Chandler took part in an individual catching drill that seemed to focus on hand quickness.
**Your daily ridiculous Rob Gronkowski play: In red zone 11 vs. 11 drills, Gronk snagged a high pass from Jimmy Garoppolo in the endzone. Immediately after he caught it with two hands, he took away to fend off Tavon Wilson, who was attempting to knock it out of Gronk's grasp. A backpedaling Gronk simply discarded Wilson and held on for the touchdown.
**Travaris Cadet, Danny Amendola and Josh Boyce got work on kick returns.
**Alan Branch and LeGarrette Blount, both on the non-football injury list, were present without helmets. Neither participated. It has been reported that Blount failed his physical.
**Dominique Easley, on the PUP list, was at practice but did not participate. Ryan Wendell, also on the PUP list, was present as well.
**Like OTAs and minicamp, the Patriots were not wearing numbers on their shirts, shorts or helmets.
http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2015/07/new_england_patriots_training_102.html

Also read JG had some really good throws all day with accurate placement but that when rushed his decisions could have been better. Had at least 1 int.

@ Hawg,
Me too. Baldy won my heart about 10 years or so ago when I read an article by him in the Sporting News I think that was a love letter to NFLE. I thought, "OMG!!! HE GETS ME!!! OMG!!! LOVE HEARTS ETC!!!!"

It's worth it to endure trash like Jamie Dukes, an embarrassment to all OL everywhere ever just to hear former OL Baldy do his thing.

Speaking of awesome NFLN peeps, I think Charles Davis will be doing some NFL games this year. Can't wait.

Maybe bb can have special derp flashcards made that say "go ahead and cover tb. DO NOT cover JE"in addition to hsving the pa announcer say it? Also...braille cards.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hottest training camp I ever attended! It was fun giving Brady a standing ovation and chanting his name. :)

Pats fans should hire a plane to buzz Jets camp that says "You have Geno as your QB--ha ha!"

Nice to see Big Vince's missus stopped by to say hello today.

CLQI6LNUwAAMYaQ.jpg:large

Hottest training camp I ever attended! It was fun giving Brady a standing ovation and chanting his name. :)

Pats fans should hire a plane to buzz Jets camp that says "You have Geno as your QB--ha ha!"

I would contribute $100. Legit.

Blount and Easley are back and off NFI, so they've passed their physicals. Mayo is in full pads, no red shirt.

Day 2 Observations

The Patriots held their second training camp practice yesterday, and the same people had a good day, but the defense stepped up the most.
Did Not Practice: QB Matt Flynn, special teamer Matthew Slater, WR Brandon LaFell, RB LeGarrette Blount, LB Dane Fletcher, LB Chris White, OL Ryan Wendell, DL Vince Taylor, OL Caylinn Hauptmann, TE A.J. Derby, DT Chris Jones, DT Alan Branch and DL Dominique Easley did not practice.
Flynn, Slater, Blount, Fletcher, Taylor, Branch and Easley conditioned on the sidelines and watched practice, while the rest were not present.
Hightower was limited, but Mayo was a full go for the second straight day.
QB Tom Brady had another great day, completing 24-35 passes during team drills. He was 17-25 during 11-on-11s and 7-10 during 7-on-7s. He threw three touchdowns at one point against CB Darryl Roberts. Brady took all of the first-team reps once again.
Backup QB Jimmy Garoppolo had another solid day of work. He was 20 of 32 in team drills. He was 15-22 during 11-on-11s and 5-10 in 7-on-7s. WR Josh Boyce is becoming a favorite of Garoppolo’s.
Jeff Howe, of the Blitz, broke down the wide outs who caught passes from both quarterbacks below.
“The following caught passes from Brady: Julian Edelman (five), Danny Amendola (five), James White (four), Scott Chandler (three), Rob Gronkowski (two), Brandon Gibson (two), Travaris Cadet (one), Michael Hoomanawanui (one) and Aaron Dobson (one).
The following caught passes from Garoppolo: Josh Boyce (five), Gibson (four), Jonathan Krause (two), Edelman (two), Jimmay Mundine (two), Hoomanawanui (two), Dion Lewis (one), Chandler (one), Cadet (one).”
The WR group has quiet the little battle going over the fourth WR spot on the team between Boyce, Gibson, Tyms, and Dobson.
Dobson and Tyms both had good days to open camp, but not during day two. Gibson and Boyce are both ahead of Tyms and Dobson and continue to look good with Boyce having an outstanding two days.
Josh Boyce caught four passes during the two-minute drill with Jimmy Garoppolo quarterbacking, including a deep pass down the right sideline.
WR Julian Edelman was amazing, yet again, at camp. He was uncoverable and created unbelievable separation from defenders.
CB Bradley Fletcher, the veteran off-season pickup, had a great day in camp yesterday. He broke up a pass and was close to every wide out. He was the reason for quiet a few incompletions.
Rookie second-round draft pick Jordan Richards is on fire to start camp. He intercepted Garoppolo two days ago and was all over Gronk in the redzone yesterday, causing an incompletion by Brady.
Logan Ryan, Malcolm Butler, and Robert McClain, and Tavon Wilson all had pass break ups, giving the defense a much better 2nd day.
CB Darryl Roberts continues to struggle during training camp, giving up three touchdowns to Tom Brady. He was beaten twice by Julian Edelman.

http://www.patriotsgab.com/2015/08/01/patriots-day-two-observations-edelman-blows-everybody-away/

Back