2015: Training Camp

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
Veterans reported yesterday for physicals and conditioning tests.

LeGarrette Blount ran only 12 of the required 20 gassers. No word on any other failures.

We have a lot of interesting TC topics this year with heavy competition at several positions. I'm interested particularly in CB, S, OL, RB & WR.

:celebrate: The defense starts today. :celebrate:

NFL Network has live coverage of Camp on right now.

There are always a number of positions where the competition will be interesting, but this summer I expect Cornerback to be by far the most critical.

Chances are that Jimmy G. will get a lot of ink, but we've got some major retooling to do at corner and the questions loom large.

I think Malcolm Butler will be our top corner. Few feel comfortable that a guy with his limited track record can get the job done without cracking, but I think he has a chance to be excellent now.

Revis' shadow still hangs over the roster, but at the risk of sounding like an idiot, I think his performance last year was more proficient than truly dominant and we can survive his loss if Butler continues to develop. I think back to Steve Smith catching passes on Revis like it was no big thing and yet all you hear was that Revis was superhuman. Not last year, he wasn't. I don't believe we will miss Browner one damn bit. Flat-out overrated player.

The guy that has a lot to prove is Logan Ryan. He looked lost in coverage as a 2nd year guy far too often after a notable rookie season and seemed to be a consistent target when he was in there. I'd like to note that Ryan is still a better player than a lot of the sorry-assed corners we've had over the years and none of them stopped us from winning a lot of football games.

The guy I am most curious about is Darryl Roberts. I don't want to get too excited, but I don't think he is a typical rookie late-rounder. Watch for him to tackle some folks in an enthusiastic manner. I believe that might be his most impressive trait, but he'll no doubt need time for everything else and, as always, it will be his understanding of the scheme that will dictate whether he gets a real chance to show much.

It might get ugly at times, but I think we can survive with the young guys.

There are always a number of positions where the competition will be interesting, but this summer I expect Cornerback to be by far the most critical.

Chances are that Jimmy G. will get a lot of ink, but we've got some major retooling to do at corner and the questions loom large.

I think Malcolm Butler will be our top corner. Few feel comfortable that a guy with his limited track record can get the job done without cracking, but I think he has a chance to be excellent now.

Revis' shadow still hangs over the roster, but at the risk of sounding like an idiot, I think his performance last year was more proficient than truly dominant and we can survive his loss if Butler continues to develop. I think back to Steve Smith catching passes on Revis like it was no big thing and yet all you hear was that Revis was superhuman. Not last year, he wasn't. I don't believe we will miss Browner one damn bit. Flat-out overrated player.

The guy that has a lot to prove is Logan Ryan. He looked lost in coverage as a 2nd year guy far too often after a notable rookie season and seemed to be a consistent target when he was in there. I'd like to note that Ryan is still a better player than a lot of the sorry-assed corners we've had over the years and none of them stopped us from winning a lot of football games.

The guy I am most curious about is Darryl Roberts. I don't want to get too excited, but I don't think he is a typical rookie late-rounder. Watch for him to tackle some folks in an enthusiastic manner. I believe that might be his most impressive trait, but he'll no doubt need time for everything else and, as always, it will be his understanding of the scheme that will dictate whether he gets a real chance to show much.

It might get ugly at times, but I think we can survive with the young guys.

We're on the same page. I thought Revis was overrated in the sense that he looks good because nobody throws at him. Don't get me wrong, I do think he's an excellent CB, but I wasn't screaming with joy over his performance. I think his greatness is because, well, nobody throws in that direction. I honestly don't think it's that big of a deal that he's not here.

I think Butler has the goods to be great. Time will tell. Logan Ryan regressed last year, but he also has the goods to be really good. He showed a lot of instinct in his rookie season.

I'm still wondering why Dennard was released. In any event, he was also released by AZ yesterday and will be available, though it's curious why he was released so soon by them.

Roberts interests me a lot, too, Hawg. His athleticism makes him a future contender and I want to see if he also has the will to improve every day and if he puts in the effort, unlike Dennard.

Tarell Brown was given a huge signing bonus, $400K, so BB has put a lot of faith in him. As BelichickFan said, he can be a great addition if his foot frx has healed...and it obviously has.

Right now I have Butler and Brown penciled in as my #1 CBs. We'll know more shortly.

We're on the same page. I thought Revis was overrated in the sense that he looks good because nobody throws at him. Don't get me wrong, I do think he's an excellent CB, but I wasn't screaming with joy over his performance. I think his greatness is because, well, nobody throws in that direction. I honestly don't think it's that big of a deal that he's not here.

I saw a number of occasions last year when Revis looked far less than superhuman. He won't be worth what the Jets are paying him. We got a ring with him and then let him walk before his price impacted the team as a whole. That's what we do around here and hindsight will show it was the correct move even if the short-term suffers a bit.

I'm still wondering why Dennard was released. In any event, he was also released by AZ yesterday and will be available, though it's curious why he was released so soon by them.

If there is one thing that bugs me about Foxboro is that you never know why guys get shown the door, especially when they have showed they can play. I thought Dennard was a useful player and I have to think that he couldn't handle the kind of dedication we expect from everybody.

Brandon Gibson is an example of that. Why cut a guy that has showed some NFL ability on the first day of camp? The answer to that is probably that he was asked to do something on his own during the off-season and he didn't bother to do it, so Bill unceremoniously pushed the eject button. Probably a "send a message" cut.

In any case, that, along with more Jimmy G. in camp might help Tyms if he has busted his ass to get better. They seemed to have something going on last year and I want to see Tyms getting deep again like he flashed last summer.

Alan Branch also failed the conditioning test. He's up to 350 lbs I'm reading.

I'm sad, this is the first time in my life I'm not looking forward to a NFL season, this PSI bullshit has killed my love of the sport, I hope things change for me.

I saw a number of occasions last year when Revis looked far less than superhuman. He won't be worth what the Jets are paying him. We got a ring with him and then let him walk before his price impacted the team as a whole. That's what we do around here and hindsight will show it was the correct move even if the short-term suffers a bit.

If there is one thing that bugs me about Foxboro is that you never know why guys get shown the door, especially when they have showed they can play. I thought Dennard was a useful player and I have to think that he couldn't handle the kind of dedication we expect from everybody.

Brandon Gibson is an example of that. Why cut a guy that has showed some NFL ability on the first day of camp? The answer to that is probably that he was asked to do something on his own during the off-season and he didn't bother to do it, so Bill unceremoniously pushed the eject button. Probably a "send a message" cut.

In any case, that, along with more Jimmy G. in camp might help Tyms if he has busted his ass to get better. They seemed to have something going on last year and I want to see Tyms getting deep again like he flashed last summer.
I have high hopes for Tyms. I REALLY like him!

So today a plane is circling the practice field flying a banner that says "Cheaters Look Up - - - @JetsFansMedia".

Does anyone have a green laser pointer? I mean, they like green anyway.

I'm quite certain that will be the only banner the Jets or its fans will see this season.

So today a plane is circling the practice field flying a banner that says "Cheaters Look Up - - - @JetsFansMedia".

I'm quite certain that will be the only banner the Jets or its fans will see this season.

This is the NFL'S fault, maybe someone will shoot it out of the sky

That is pretty funny.

Edelman with a throwback to...

Tom Brady for the TD. One-handed, no less.

That just happened.

Jimmy G just did a nice job of deflecting questions about the alleged minor equipment violation.

Back