2016 Game 2. Pats vs Dollphins

Let's give the team credit where credit's due. There are maybe three teams in the league that win under those circumstances.

The no-huddle really tired out the defense. They need to work on that. I'm guessing laps or suicides or both. :coffee:

legarrette-blount.jpg

Dolphins lost to a team with a 3rd string QB, no Gronk, and no Hightower.

:coffee:

We faced four critical games to start the season due to no Brady. We've won two.....we're already in a good place as many would have taken 2-2 if it was offered before the season.

So we're looking good with Gronk and then Tom to come back. I'd be shocked if Jimmy's injury is a bad one. Bill will be pleased with the way the team came through with this adversity.

We faced four critical games to start the season due to no Brady. We've won two.....we're already in a good place as many would have taken 2-2 if it was offered before the season.

So we're looking good with Gronk and then Tom to come back. I'd be shocked if Jimmy's injury is a bad one. Bill will be pleased with the way the team came through with this adversity.

I mean, none of us are doctors (except chevss) - but it didn't really look that bad. Yeah, he got driven to the turf, but they worked on his shoulder, so it wasn't a collarbone (which would be a disaster). Dr. Gumbel said 'AC Joint', which is suppose is possible, but to me, it looked like the trainer was popping his shoulderblade back into place after a subluxation - and QBs don't come back into the game after that anymore, especially since it was his throwing shoulder.

I'm not saying he'll be back Thursday (the short week makes it tough, although I'm not ruling it out), but I would be totally stunned if he wasn't back in 2 weeks for Buffalo.

Jules!

Interesting to see if BB has to go to the market to pick up a QB. If Jimmy isn't too bad but can't play against HOU, what does he do? Go with Jules as backup and pray Brissett comes though uninjured or does he pick up a QB for safety?

Has anyone heard anything on JG

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Told that X-Rays came back negative for Jimmy Garoppolo. No broken bones.</p>— Kevin Duffy (@KevinRDuffy) <a href="https://twitter.com/KevinRDuffy/status/777597902390718465">September 18, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Garoppolo is currently at the hospital and is under further evaluation.</p>— Kevin Duffy (@KevinRDuffy) <a href="https://twitter.com/KevinRDuffy/status/777598440033423361">September 18, 2016</a></blockquote>

No broken bones. Very good news...relatively.

.we're already in a good place as many would have taken 2-2 if it was offered before the season.

Truth

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Haha.

Good one. He'll be listed as questionable on the injury report, and no one will know until an hour before gametime. :coffee:

Unless his dad is an asshole.
:coffee:

Bill is nice and frosty in the presser, he's giving the press corp absolutely nothing and they're pressing him like crazy on whether he'll be taking another QB ROFL

He's not happy with the defensive effort.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Told that X-Rays came back negative for Jimmy Garoppolo. No broken bones.</p>— Kevin Duffy (@KevinRDuffy) <a href="https://twitter.com/KevinRDuffy/status/777597902390718465">September 18, 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Garoppolo is currently at the hospital and is under further evaluation.</p>— Kevin Duffy (@KevinRDuffy) <a href="https://twitter.com/KevinRDuffy/status/777598440033423361">September 18, 2016</a></blockquote>

As Tommy said, none of us are Docs, but that has to be a good thing at least....

Yeah that would mean he will not be out the season, but I'm only worried about the next two games

Well, I mean, yeah, no broken bones is always good.

But in this case, it's ligaments, so it's not going to show up on an X-Ray - the good news there is, the shoulder blade is in place if the X-Ray's negative.

I'm honestly surprised he's in the hospital, unless it's just totally a precautionary thing. They have all the stuff they need at the stadium. :shrug:

thank god they covered. :coffee:

cheers
(shakes head). Not nice

Thursday's game will be interesting...

Who is Brisket's backup?
will be Matt Simms

I mean, none of us are doctors (except chevss) - but it didn't really look that bad. Yeah, he got driven to the turf, but they worked on his shoulder, so it wasn't a collarbone (which would be a disaster). Dr. Gumbel said 'AC Joint', which is suppose is possible, but to me, it looked like the trainer was popping his shoulderblade back into place after a subluxation - and QBs don't come back into the game after that anymore, especially since it was his throwing shoulder.

I'm not saying he'll be back Thursday (the short week makes it tough, although I'm not ruling it out), but I would be totally stunned if he wasn't back in 2 weeks for Buffalo.
i must admit that part of me was thinking josh was telling him to James Brown it over the radio and buy time for rookie to puke up butterflies and get loose.

i must admit that part of me was thinking josh was telling him to James Brown it over the radio and buy time for rookie to puke up butterflies and get loose.

I'm surprised the trainers didn't come by and throw one of those stadium parkas over his shoulders. :coffee:

He's certainly settled in well..

As far as I'm (and potentially the coaching staff as well) concerned, he's your #1 starting TE. Gronkowski should have to earn it, when he finally decides he's healthy.

As far as I'm (and potentially the coaching staff as well) concerned, he's your #1 starting TE. Gronkowski should have to earn it, when he finally decides he's healthy.

Damn right. The snaps this guy is playing is off the charts and his selfless commitment to blocking is exemplary. He's the man right now.

Back