2022 Rookie Camp, OTAs, Mini Camp, Mandatory Mini Camp And Training Camp

Great news all around.
Evan goes into some detail on the topics below

1. Pats Top Assistant Matt Patricia Relays Offensive Plays While Belichick, Judge Observe

2. Pats QB Mac Jones Torches Defense in Team Drills

3. Pats OT Isaiah Wynn Returns at Right Tackle

From left to right: Brown, Strange, Andrews, Ownenu, and Wynn.

4. Pats CBs Jalen Mills and Terrance Mitchell First Ups

5. Pats WR DeVante Parker Shows Us Why He’s Here

6. Pats TE Jonnu Smith Looks at Home in Year Two

7. Pats Rookie WR Tyquan Thornton More Involved, Cole Strange Ends Practice in a Scrum

8. Pats WR Tre Nixon a Dark-Horse to Make the Roster

9. Pats LB Ronnie Perkins Ready to Contribute After Adjusting to New Position

10. Pats RBs Damien Harris and J.J. Taylor Get Involved in Passing Game

11. Pats CB Shaun Wade Playing in the Slot This Spring

QB REPORT
What a day this was for Mac Jones.

Per NESN.com’s charting, the second-year quarterback went a perfect 14-for-14 in 7-on-7 drills and 11-for-12 in 11-on-11s. Jones, New England’s unquestioned No. 1 signal-caller, opened the day with 23 consecutive completions before misfiring to Nelson Agholor on his third-to-last attempt.

Included in Jones’ completions were three highlight-reel deep balls: a 50-yard bomb to wideout Tre Nixon over slot corner Jonathan Jones; a 25-yarder down the sideline to DeVante Parker, who made a nice contested catch over Jalen Mills; and a 20-yard corner to tight end Jonnu Smith, who beat Adrian Phillips.

All three were impressive throws by a player whose arm strength has been questioned.

Veteran backup Brian Hoyer went 4-for-6 with a pass breakup and a drop (by rookie running back Kevin Harris) in 7-on-7s, and 3-for-7 with an interception and three PBUs in 11s. Third-string rookie Bailey Zappe was 6-for-7 with an ugly interception to linebacker Jahlani Tavai in 7s and 1-for-3 in 11s, with a deep-ball breakup by Joejuan Williams that should have been picked.

Jones and Zappe were two of the last players off the field after practice.

PLAY OF THE DAY
Jones’ heave to Nixon was a beauty, beating tight coverage by Jonathan Jones. Nixon lined up in the slot on the play, ran a corner route and created just enough separation from the speedy cornerback for Jones to drop the ball in.

“(The throw was) amazing,” said Nixon, who made a sliding catch that left him with a scrape on his knee. “I can’t complain. He put it right on the money.”

Great news all around.
Evan goes into some detail on the topics below

1. Pats Top Assistant Matt Patricia Relays Offensive Plays While Belichick, Judge Observe

As we agreed, that doesn't mean squat. Not that I am worried about it; I'm not.

I got a XXXXXX.

EDIT: I decided to edit this. Let's just say I am excited to read this...

3. Pats OT Isaiah Wynn Returns at Right Tackle

From left to right: Brown, Strange, Andrews, Ownenu, and Wynn.
As it should be.

4. Pats CBs Jalen Mills and Terrance Mitchell First Ups

No clue, yet.

5. Pats WR DeVante Parker Shows Us Why He’s Here

Please, please please.

6. Pats TE Jonnu Smith Looks at Home in Year Two

He better.

7. Pats Rookie WR Tyquan Thornton More Involved, Cole Strange Ends Practice in a Scrum

Strange got in a fight. That is SO FUCKING AWESOME. Teh Pats O-line was abused in the toughness department last season.

8. Pats WR Tre Nixon a Dark-Horse to Make the Roster

9. Pats LB Ronnie Perkins Ready to Contribute After Adjusting to New Position

See #6

10. Pats RBs Damien Harris and J.J. Taylor Get Involved in Passing Game

Is White gonna be ready? Can he even make it back?

11. Pats CB Shaun Wade Playing in the Slot This Spring

See#4

Last edited:
As we agreed, that doesn't mean squat. Not that I am worried about it; I'm not.
The whole paragraph on the Mac Jones
torching:

The best news coming out of spring practices for the Patriots is consistent excellence from their second-year quarterback. Jones is more in command, spraying the ball all over the field, and looks like he’s in terrific shape. At one point, Jones had a string of 23-straight completions, including deep throws to Tre Nixon, Jonnu Smith, and DeVante Parker during team drills. On the throw to Nixon, the Pats wideout faked a post route and ran a deep corner pattern to break away from Jon Jones and Devin McCourty. The throw, which dropped perfectly into Nixon’s hands, was a dime with plenty of zip to fit it between two defenders. Although it was a non-contact setting, Tuesday was one of the best practices I’ve ever seen by Jones.

Got me all lit up.

Cheers, BostonTim

Any word on Pierre Strong at Mini-Camp? An article I just read said Brady discouraged Fournette from signing with the Pats last March. BB ended up drafting the fastest RB in the draft. Win-win as I see it. Brady gets his guy, we get a guy I like better, though given BB's penchant for not playing RBs their rookie year (except for Rhamondre) we won't see Strong until the 2023 season.

Any word on Pierre Strong at Mini-Camp? An article I just read said Brady discouraged Fournette from signing with the Pats last March. BB ended up drafting the fastest RB in the draft. Win-win as I see it. Brady gets his guy, we get a guy I like better, though given BB's penchant for not playing RBs their rookie year (except for Rhamondre) we won't see Strong until the 2023 season.

Meanwhile Fournette has gotten huge.

FUqKRyhWAAA7yRW

Bedard said that of all people A. Jennings is actively involved with the front seven.

Bedard said that of all people A. Jennings is actively involved with the front seven.

I also read elsewhere that he was working with the starters, too. Interesting.

Is this just a matter of Jennings being the most senior of the rookies at the LB spot, but it isn't likely that he'll continue to work with the starters come August/September, onward? Or do they genuinely like him and he was boxed out by vets? Kinda bizarre, but color me intrigued.

Also curious if he's being used off the ball or at edge.

Back