2023 NFL News

Calf injuries are tough. They hurt and they linger on and on if they aren't allowed to heal completely. He could be out of action for 4-6 weeks.

Jalen Ramsey of the Dolphins will be out until December. They had feared that he would miss the entire season.

Jalen Ramsey of the Dolphins will be out until December. They had feared that he would miss the entire season.
He tore his ACL in non-contact practice. Note: My grandson did this in 2019. He also tweaked the MCL and tore the Meniscus completely loose. The difference between 19 and 28? My grandson followed his surgeon's rehab instruction to the letter.

August 2019
1690542576494.jpeg

Calf injuries are tough. They hurt and they linger on and on if they aren't allowed to heal completely. He could be out of action for 4-6 weeks.
Calf injuries can lead to Achilles issues as well.

The other concern is that it is his plant foot, so the calf matters. Any pain on your plant foot can have impact, but if it's a tear of any sort that impacts power production you start making adjustments around that, and can end up in your head about compensation, etc. and accuracy can suffer.

That said, if you're going to have an injury...unless something is really off, it isn't going to be impacting the broad view of the Bengals season. Plenty of time to heal up.

Sounds like a pipe dream he'll be ready and 100% in just 5 months from what's obviously an ACL. They may as well put a damn target on his back out there.

Sounds like a pipe dream he'll be ready and 100% in just 5 months from what's obviously an ACL. They may as well put a damn target on his back out there.
It wasn't an ACL, it was a minescus according to the report that I read this morning.

It wasn't an ACL, it was a minescus according to the report that I read this morning.
Well that's the Robert Williams injury. I think Chevs did like a whole post a while about about cutting the meniscus vs. letting it heal, but if it's the 'cut' version, it's usually not a 4 month injury. Neither is a meniscus tear for that matter.

Well that's the Robert Williams injury. I think Chevs did like a whole post a while about about cutting the meniscus vs. letting it heal, but if it's the 'cut' version, it's usually not a 4 month injury. Neither is a meniscus tear for that matter.

A torn meniscus flapping back and forth in the joint fluid of the knee won't heal so it always needs sx if it's a big enough piece and most are. If it's a large piece that requires microfracture surgery, he's out for the year for sure. Either way his knee will always hurt and he'll be icing that knee for his lifetime. Orthopedists think a meniscus tear is actually worse than a simple
ACL in the long run. Patients can't bend the knee or bear weight at all for the 1st 2 months. It's rough

Last edited:
A torn meniscus flapping back and forth in the joint fluid of the won't heal so it always needs sx if it's a big enough piece and most are. If it's a large piece that requires microfracture surgery, he's out for the year for sure. Either way his knee will always hurt and he'll be icing that knee for his lifetime. Orthopedists think a meniscus tear is actually worse than a simple
ACL in the long run. Patients can't bend the knee or bear weight at all for the 1st 2 months. It's rough
A minor meniscus tear for my wife has completely removed her from her running routine. And Chev is correct, at this point all walking done requires icing afterwards she’s trying to deal with it via steroid shots every three months but it looks like a second surgery to clean it up again is necessary. Not a fun injury. Especially since she did it, stepping off the curb in a normal walking pattern.

A minor meniscus tear for my wife has completely removed her from her running routine. And Chev is correct, at this point all walking done requires icing afterwards she’s trying to deal with it via steroid shots every three months but it looks like a second surgery to clean it up again is necessary. Not a fun injury. Especially since she did it, stepping off the curb in a normal walking pattern.
I tore mine bending down to pick something up as I cleaned my pets.

Well the report that I read had a quote from Ramsey saying that he would be back in December. It was on the internet so it has to be right.

Everything I have read said it’s a meniscus tear. I haven’t read anything that said he tore his ACL.

Mark your calendars. Thursday night we get to watch this years Super Bowl Champions NY Jets play the Browns in the HOF game. This will be on NBC at 8PM.

Back