'23 Cut Down Tracker - A Treasure Hunter's Delight

One man's trash is another man's treasure, that's why there are lawn sales.
So far, I haven't seen any diamonds in the rough in the other teams cuts.

Mo Ibrahim is hitting the open market. Did something happen, or did he just not pop vs NFL talent?

TE Zach Gentry was cut today...I guess we don't have a shortage of height for red zone and mismatches.

We need OTs though

The name-recognition of the OTs on that list is near zero. I thought Bobby Evans was decent but he's already
been signed off waivers.

I guess we go with the half-dozen or so on our roster and hope two or three can give us productive snaps. Looks to
me like we're done making moves for the time being.

I will say that I liked the clips I saw of Verderian Lowe more than I expected. I'd say he's got potential, but I thought
Cajuste did too for a while, so......take that with a grain.

I suppose I could point out that we have several Tackles on the roster now in Calvin Anderson, Lowe and
Wheatley that haven't proved that they can't play yet and Sow might be a player in time which is more than I can say
for some of the incumbents and recently departed, so it is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.

However, I wouldn't advise drinking a shot every time a Philly defender sacks, hits or pressures Mac or
Monday morning you'll drive straight to one of those new Intravenous hangover cure places springing up all over.

The name-recognition of the OTs on that list is near zero. I thought Bobby Evans was decent but he's already
been signed off waivers.

I guess we go with the half-dozen or so on our roster and hope two or three can give us productive snaps. Looks to
me like we're done making moves for the time being.

I will say that I liked the clips I saw of Verderian Lowe more than I expected. I'd say he's got potential, but I thought
Cajuste did too for a while, so......take that with a grain.

I suppose I could point out that we have several Tackles on the roster now in Calvin Anderson, Lowe and
Wheatley that haven't proved that they can't play yet and Sow might be a player in time which is more than I can say
for some of the incumbents and recently departed, so it is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.

However, I wouldn't advise drinking a shot every time a Philly defender sacks, hits or pressures Mac or
Monday morning you'll drive straight to one of those new Intravenous hangover cure places springing up all over.
It occurs to me that given our coaching staff's history, our current problems at RT, the dominant pass rushes we will see in the first quarter of the season, and the fact that our TEs are not exactly roadgraders, we might expect some 6 OL sets. And if we get those, Tyrone Wheatley strikes me as an ideal 3rd OT.

I still think our best lineup will be Trent Brown back at RT next to Big Mike, with Anderson (or now Lowe) at LT. Lock down one side, and be able to run in the A and B gaps against pretty much anyone, and provide some help and/or scheme around the left side.

It occurs to me that given our coaching staff's history, our current problems at RT, the dominant pass rushes we will see in the first quarter of the season, and the fact that our TEs are not exactly roadgraders, we might expect some 6 OL sets. And if we get those, Tyrone Wheatley strikes me as an ideal 3rd OT.

I still think our best lineup will be Trent Brown back at RT next to Big Mike, with Anderson (or now Lowe) at LT. Lock down one side, and be able to run in the A and B gaps against pretty much anyone, and provide some help and/or scheme around the left side.
That is kind of my plan as well.

Sometimes I wonder if all the football wisdom carved into the mountainside, i.e., "offensive lines need to
play together for a while to be cohesive" is total rubbish and now we can do that sort of thing with virtual
reality goggles or subliminal suggestion but I won't be holding my breath to see any crispish execution for at
least a month.

This could be stressful, because I believed the same thing last season and it just seemed to get worse and worse
until watching that line was just grim torture. As a coping mechanism I'm planning on adopting the "everything I
think is wrong" philosophy which usually has a better-than-even chance of working out.

I'd feel better if I had at least laid eyes on Strange and Big Mike in a game situation since shit went sideways last season, but
I'll award you points for believing both Anderson capable of playing LT after his mystery illness and Trent not looking like the
last time I saw him playing RT for the Raiders which was almost exactly what he's looked like lately on the left.

Though, on the sunnier side of the street, if Mac ever gets an extra half or full second to throw he's going to feel like he just got sprung
from prison. That time would make a huge difference and nobody can convince me that isn't possible.

OLB Ron Perkins has signed to our PS.
I'm told the Pats didn't put in a claim on any outside player.

Pats' practice squad signings: 1 open spot - JJTaylor?

QB Bailey Zappe
QB Malik Cunningham
RB Ty Montgomery
S Josh Bledsoe
TE Pharaoh Brown
OL James Ferentz
LB Joe Giles-Harris
RB Kevin Harris
LB Calvin Munson
LB Ronnie Perkins
WR Thyrick Pitts
OL Kody Russey
TE Matt Sokol
OL Andrew Stueber
P Corliss Waitman

Last edited:
OLB Ron Perkins has signed to our PS.
I'm told the Pats didn't put in a claim on any outside player.

Pats' practice squad signings: 1 open spot - JJTaylor?

QB Bailey Zappe
QB Malik Cunningham
RB Ty Montgomery
S Josh Bledsoe
TE Pharaoh Brown
OL James Ferentz
LB Joe Giles-Harris
RB Kevin Harris
LB Calvin Munson
LB Ronnie Perkins
WR Thyrick Pitts
OL Kody Russey
TE Matt Sokol
OL Andrew Stueber
P Corliss Waitman

Brown?

Sadly, I think a lot of OL success depends on Trent Brown, but I wouldn't bet the rent money on him coming to play. Why is it that so often the talented players are jerks?

Sadly, I think a lot of OL success depends on Trent Brown, but I wouldn't bet the rent money on him coming to play. Why is it that so often the talented players are jerks?
It seems like he is just lazy. This is the last year of his current deal. Hopefully, he reacts the same way as his last contract year and plays his ass off. Hopefully.

Patriots claimed QB Matt Corral from the Panthers. Interesting prospect, interesting move.

Patriots claimed QB Matt Corral from the Panthers. Interesting prospect, interesting move.

Well, he's better than McSorely, and was a fine college player, but I don't quite see the fit.

I guess this gives the Felgerites some fresh ammunition.

Well, he's better than McSorely, and was a fine college player, but I don't quite see the fit.

I guess this gives the Felgerites some fresh ammunition.
Strong arm, RPO quick-read system in college that was a decent parallel to O'Brien's? I had him as QB3 (behind Pickett and Ridder, ahead of Willis, Howell, Zappe) in 2021. I think he's a nice fit, actually.

He’s a much better RPO QB than Zappe, and played against much better competition in college and led his team to a 10-2 record his senior year. Got injured in the first quarter of the Sugar Bowl.

Back