3 Favorite Scotches; 3 Favorite Beers

DarrylStingley

Boston Sports
Reaction score
Let's ignore crazy expensive high end scotches. I'm thinking more of the day to day/week to week kind of drinking.

What are your 3 favorite scotches/beers?

Scotches:

1. Lagavulin
2. Balvenie Doublewood
3. Oban 14

Beers

1. Harpoon IPA
2. Samuel Adams (regular)
3. Brooklyn Lager

I only drink beer for several reasons.

My favorite beer is a cold one:coffee:

Nothing non-alcoholic though.

Low taste, light American beers? Rather drink water.

I like all kinds of beer.

I usually try something different each weekend.

I had Sam Summer this weekend, last it was blue moon.

I do also drink crappy American beer's.

I mix it up depending on my want

could be Guinness tonight, Narragansetts tomorrow and whatever catches my eye the next day - I like to try different beers these days to appreciate the taste and craftmanship involved

Babs makes a mighty fine beer, truely one of the best I have tasted

not much of a booze drinker anymore, a nice Gin and tonic on a warm summers night once and a while is nice but I rarely do that anymore

I will remember my brother on christmas and the anniversary of his death with a sip or two of Whiskey, what it is depends on who is with me as I am not as set in my way as some.

As for beers, I'm hooked on the Ipswich IPA right now. And scotch, Glenfiddich Single Malt. Kind of high-end but some real scotch goodness there.

Never heard of it. That's how I feel about Harpoon IPA, though. My favorite beer ever.

:shake::shake:WTF? I Never thought you and I ever saw eye to eye but Harpoon IPA is also my favorite BEER and I drink it regularly.:thumb:

Even in my drinking days I never liked scotch. Even when desperate, scotch was the court of last resort. Must be an acquired taste. Always preferred the sweeter taste of bourbon. Nice shot of whiskey goes down smoooooooooth. Scotch = pretty rank. Just MO.

Where are the wine and vodka options???:cuss:

Even in my drinking days I never liked scotch. Even when desperate, scotch was the court of last resort. Must be an acquired taste. Always preferred the sweeter taste of bourbon. Nice shot of whiskey goes down smoooooooooth. Scotch = pretty rank. Just MO.

For me, Bourbon is much nicer on a regular basis than the Scotch. To each his own though. I always keep a bottle of Makers Mark handy.

:shake::shake:WTF? I Never thought you and I ever saw eye to eye but Harpoon IPA is also my favorite BEER and I drink it regularly.:thumb:

I don't recall ever having disagreed with you.

I guess you read my posts and react as follows: :shake:!

Where are the wine and vodka options???:cuss:

The thread starter doesn't really have favorite wines. I like dry wine -- Merlot, Cab, Shirazz -- but am not all that particular. I also like Grey Goose on ice but if I'm mixing, it matters a whole lot less to me.

Start a thread on wine/vodka!

I don't like scotch, but:

1) Pilsner Urquell
2) Bass IPA
3) Sam Adams Cream Stout

Balvenie, MaCallan, Loch Dhu

Dogfish Head Midas Touch, Dogfish Head Chicory Stout, Boddingtons (at the moment)

Shouldn't we throw cigars out into the mix too?

Ashton Double Magnum, Fuente Chateau 4x50, Fuente Short Story

Shouldn't we throw cigars out too?

Ashton Double Magnum, Fuente Chateau 4x50, Fuente Short Story

[responding to improved post] Yes! Cigars should definitely be thrown out. Stink o rama!!!

(I get to complain - my father chain smoked stogies like most folks toke ciggies)

Back