A Theory

I don't think Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown, or Peyton Manning are hurt, and nor have been hurt in any significant way.

I think it's all gamesmanship and hype machine from the NFL and ESPN.

Discuss. :coffee:

TOMMY WITH A CONSPIRACY THEORY??????? I might just faint!

I'm the one with the conspiracy theories, remember?

:coffee:

This doesn't make any sense. The guy was literally bawling on the sideline like his career was over after the injury. Go ahead and make some Gronk cracks but he was at least out for a little while after the injury.

I heard he was crying because the KC trainers told him they thought it was his acl...again. I don't blame him if that is true.

NFL knows no lengths for hype. I believe Manning was/is injured because he stopped juicing.

Watching live, on Antonio Brown specifically you could see his body go limp when hit and see the whites of his eyes as they rolled up in his head. The guy was out cold. I think all the talk of him "faking it" (from Jones, specifically) is distasteful, personally. For the others, meh, I have no clue. I absolutely believe there is a level of gamesmanship that applies to injury reporting, but cannot speak to the specific instances being referenced.

so ESPN was like, "alright guys, here's the deal ... we're going to make sure Big Ben takes a blast to his shoulder that won't really hurt him so that Landry Jones can throw a pick and McCarron can throw a game winning TD ... only for Big Ben to miraculously re-enter the game so he can throw an incomplete pass to Antonio Brown so that Burfict can give him a cheap shot so that he can fake get injured so that Pacman Jones can fake get mad at Joey Porter for fake checking on Antonio Brown's fake injury so that the Steelers get to kick a game winning field goal in a scripted game .... "

all so ESPN can get better ratings in fake injury buildup for the divisional round !!!!

Also, ****NEWSFLASH****

ESPN is a direct competitor to the NFL. The NFL gives ESPN shitty MNF games and the shitty Wild Card game for a reason ... and gives them the shittiest TV deal, to boot ... and I'm not even making this up, Cowherd talks about it on his radio all the time now ... the NFL simulcasts the draft on NFL Network just to eat into ESPN's ratings (who had the draft forever by itself) ... hell, the NFL moved the draft back to purposely **** with ESPN

In short, ESPN has NOTHING to do with any perceived "conspiracies" in the NFL ... the NFL has no interest in getting ESPN ratings, at all.

so ESPN was like, "alright guys, here's the deal ... we're going to make sure Big Ben takes a blast to his shoulder that won't really hurt him so that Landry Jones can throw a pick and McCarron can throw a game winning TD ... only for Big Ben to miraculously re-enter the game so he can throw an incomplete pass to Antonio Brown so that Burfict can give him a cheap shot so that he can fake get injured so that Pacman Jones can fake get mad at Joey Porter for fake checking on Antonio Brown's fake injury so that the Steelers get to kick a game winning field goal in a scripted game .... "

all so ESPN can get better ratings in fake injury buildup for the divisional round !!!!

Also, ****NEWSFLASH****

ESPN is a direct competitor to the NFL. The NFL gives ESPN shitty MNF games and the shitty Wild Card game for a reason ... and gives them the shittiest TV deal, to boot ... and I'm not even making this up, Cowherd talks about it on his radio all the time now ... the NFL simulcasts the draft on NFL Network just to eat into ESPN's ratings (who had the draft forever by itself) ... hell, the NFL moved the draft back to purposely **** with ESPN

In short, ESPN has NOTHING to do with any perceived "conspiracies" in the NFL ... the NFL has no interest in getting ESPN ratings, at all.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA

Yeah, tell that to the Tom Brady and the New England Patriots. Then take your blinders off.

Because it might just happen to your team one of these days.

Also, ****NEWSFLASH****

Chris Mortensen begs to differ....:coffee:

Wait, more.

Stephen A. Smith breaks news that Brady destroyed his cell phone practically before the appeals hearing ended - DIRECTLY FROM 345 PARK IN HIS EAR DURING A BROADCAST.

That kind of makes your post moot.

Back