AB: sued for rape

You call this intimidating?!?

within the text string is a reference to the artist as a “super broke girl” and a request for someone called “Eric B” to “look up her background history.”

Then there is an Instagram photo of the woman with her children, accompanied by the message, “those her kids … she’s awful broke clearly.”

To me it’s mocking. He’s saying clearly she’s broke. Maybe they’re a bit shabbily dressed. It’s more mocking. Condescending. Inappropriate. But intimidating? No. I don’t suddenly believe he’s showing he’s a child abductor.

He’s an idiot. His moral compass is erratic. He’s not very intelligent.

But I think a few around here are letting their personal opinions of a super-idiot cloud their common sense. What he did isn’t illegal in any way. It’s dumb. But that fits his profile.

There’s an awful lot of idiots in the NFL. He just continually chooses to be hi profile with his poor decisions.

If he’d just make a decision to lay low everything would blow over and he’d have an incredibly fruitful season.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Some think he’s going to shake the fragile psyche of the team.

But these aren’t online posts; these are texts to her.
I think he’ll be gone very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry for all the weird autocorrects in my last text. This is my first time using a microphone to post, and I might well be my last. I swear to God I never shoved Josh Gordon

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Grow up. What are you? Fine years old?

I agree, Dwight. The text really disappoint me, though. I was really hoping it would start to change. He did well in this first pressure. I look at the wreck that Josh Gordon was a couple years ago and now watch him and post game presser us, looking good and speaking well. I think it's time to the Patriots I shoved him very very well oh, and I'm glad to see it.

I was hoping the same thing would happen with brown. The guy is a nut in a douche bag, but people can change. I look back at other wide receivers the Patriots had that were nutcases. Terry Glenn never changed after he was cut, but Irving fryar did and became a much better receiver and present after he went to the dolphins. I was really hoping this would help Antonio Brown to be a better person. And it may still happen. Who knows? Heneeds to learn restraint of tongue and pen, but more than that he needs to think of others besides himself. He needs to pay that woman artist not send her messages.

So far disappointing, but I still have hope.

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Sorry for all the weird autocorrects in my last text. This is my first time using a microphone to post, and I might well be my last. I swear to God I never shoved Josh Gordon

Stop posting with a mouthful of Cheetos.

Thanks in advance.

Since when is it illegal to text someone?

Texting someone who is accusing you of assault?

Not illegal but utterly moronic and can easily be classed as intimidation. Easily.

If he could just shut his mouth and get off all social media, and all forms of electronic communication he could have been OK. I'm sure the Patriots organisation pleaded with him to go underground and just say nothing. Rosenhaus as well must have begged him.

And bear in mind, the Patriots are due to pay AB $5Million on Monday. They may come to a decision very soon on this matter.

The only thing I see happening that will make the Pats cut him, assuming he stays out of legal trouble, is if this directly spills over onto the team or field. Whether he blows up on a coach, teammate, refs, or something else that directly effects the team in a negative way. They have proved over and over again they are the best at compartmentalizing distractions, even sometimes turning it into motivation.

Of course what becomes of the sexual assault accusations would obviously have an effect.

I still don't understand why signing him is so high-risk. What exactly is the risk? If he works out he's the best receiver Brady ever had. Haven't we all been whining about this for years? If it doesn't work out we cut his ass. Where exactly is the risk?

Moss was better...

Not illegal but utterly moronic and can easily be classed as intimidation. Easily.

If he could just shut his mouth and get off all social media, and all forms of electronic communication he could have been OK. I'm sure the Patriots organisation pleaded with him to go underground and just say nothing. Rosenhaus as well must have begged him.

And bear in mind, the Patriots are due to pay AB $5Million on Monday. They may come to a decision very soon on this matter.

You need to jump thru some serious mental hurdles and assumptions to derive intimidation out of that.

It’s stupid as hell. But I don’t see anything illegal unless she’s petitioned the court for no contact.

And he’s already played a game. He’s getting that bonus money.

The coaching staff needs to have a meeting with him and give him a detailed list of what not to do...if he fails, then boot him.

You need to jump thru some serious mental hurdles and assumptions to derive intimidation out of that.

It’s stupid as hell. But I don’t see anything illegal unless she’s petitioned the court for no contact.

And he’s already played a game. He’s getting that bonus money.

I agree with you. He calls it a shame and sad in his texts. On what planet is this intimidation?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bill Belichick provides his “state of the Patriots” address at the start of his Friday news conference, and then briefly touches on Antonio Brown. He confirms Brown is still on the roster. <a href="https://t.co/IZPnMabOgx">pic.twitter.com/IZPnMabOgx</a></p>— Mike Reiss (@MikeReiss) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/1175068772891336706?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 20, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The coaching staff needs to have a meeting with him and give him a detailed list of what not to do...if he fails, then boot him.
I would hope they have already but a refresher is in order.

I agree with you. He calls it a shame and sad in his texts. On what planet is this intimidation?
including her and saying to look into her can be a snowflake intimidation. Me, I write back to him reminding him he owes me money and remind him to not include my kids in his dickhead shit. Typical douche bag bringing in family and shit, that is pussy ass shit.

This shows me AB is a bigger dickhead than I thought.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bill Belichick provides his “state of the Patriots” address at the start of his Friday news conference, and then briefly touches on Antonio Brown. He confirms Brown is still on the roster. <a href="https://t.co/IZPnMabOgx">pic.twitter.com/IZPnMabOgx</a></p>— Mike Reiss (@MikeReiss) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/1175068772891336706?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 20, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mike Reiss
@MikeReiss
·
4m
WR Antonio Brown was present for the media-access portion of practice. As Bill Belichick said at his news conference, his status on the roster has not changed. This is Brown’s sixth practice with the Patriots

She's not, though. This is not to the woman alleging sexual assault, this is to the artist where he allegedly appeared in front of her with only a towel concealing himself, who has never claimed illegal activity occurred and who is not filing suit, civil or criminal. What is he supposed to be intimidating her into doing? She's not taking any action against him currently.

AB is an idiot we all know this. That said it seems like this is a money grab and other women who think he’s in a weakened state publicity wise will probably continue to come out of the wood work to try to get more money. I thought these texts were from 2017?

She's not, though. This is not to the woman alleging sexual assault, this is to the artist where he allegedly appeared in front of her with only a towel concealing himself, who has never claimed illegal activity occurred and who is not filing suit, civil or criminal. What is he supposed to be intimidating her into doing? She's not taking any action against him currently.

Don’t burden the narrative with details.

I truly believe the only reason he's still on the team is because the Chiefs would sign him if he were released.

Back