Add Jeffrey Kessler to Brady's legal team.

Pneumonic

Reaction score
Greg A. Bedard @GregABedard · 29m 29 minutes ago

Greg A. Bedard retweeted Tomas Kesete
Oh yes, and a perpetual hemorrhoid on the posterior of the NFL.
Greg A. Bedard added,
Tomas Kesete @TomasKesete <s>@</s>GregABedard According to Schefter. Brady has hired Jeffrey Kessler? Is he good?

Kessler is as good as it gets in this land. Impressive resume; he's the guy who litigated McNeil v. the NFL, which led to the establishment of NFL free agency.

Brady is armed.

:thumb:

get ready bishes.

Cheers, BostonTim

Go get 'em, Tom!

This will be more exciting than football :dbanana:

"Cleanup on aisle Goodell's pants"

Not only is he the guy who forced free agency, and the guy who continues to build the antitrust suit against the NFL, he's the guy who is pushing the "Pay the D-I athletes" v. the NCAA.

http://www.winston.com/en/who-we-are/attorneys/kessler-jeffrey-l.html

Skip down to "representative matters".

If Wells' biggest cases are the ones he seems to lose, well, let's just say Kessler's the opposite (also not the first time he represented Brady v. NFL, fun fact).

Also represented BB in Belichick v. NFL, when he was the HC of the NYJ. :coffee:

You know, I was thinking yesterday, what if Tom and/or the Patriots brought their case to court? Could there be some precedent set that would rock the foundations of the League? Maybe so, maybe so! This lawyer is the real thing! :D

Kessler. FVCKING BRILLIANT. I found this out early this morning and can tell you that I was jumping up and down when I learned of it. They don't get much better than him.

If Brady's angle is to use Kessler to push the anti-trust exemption than the owners had best take very quick notice. And sir Roger might want to change his pants.

I have to admit did not know who he was. Did some research and started getting so giddy I started giggling loudly irl. Love love love this.

If Brady's angle is to use Kessler to push the anti-trust exemption than the owners had best take very quick notice. And sir Roger might want to change his pants.

The anti-trust exemption is no longer in place, NFL filed to withdraw a few weeks ago

I am thinking out loud here. Help me out.

As we prep for our version of the battle of the Hornburg, what are the steps?

- Brady files for appeal.
- NFLPA asks Roger to excuse himself from the appeal and appoint an independent arbitrator. Do both parties have to agree with said arbitrator? Can Brady bypass his NFLPA representation? I ask this because Brady apparently asked the NFLPA not to get involved initially.

No, that was the non-profit status (I know, mind-blowing to think of the NFL as non-profit, right?).

They still have anti-trust exemptions up the kazoo

The anti-trust exemption is no longer in place, NFL filed to withdraw a few weeks ago

Ah, thanks. So much for that angle.

EDIT. OK, so maybe that angle is still open. I would imagine Brady would argue that he is not being allowed to earn a living ....

So, now Brady has a weapon.

Time to switch the safety off and light Roger up.

I want total war. I want Roger out and a shot fired across the bow of the NFL ivory tower to get that mess straightened out for the good of this particular situation and the entire direction of the league. It's time for a change and I don't think the Evil Ginger is going to volunteer to leave, so let's kick his ass out.

Time to get rid of the gang that couldn't shoot straight and get some solid leadership in there that knows how to apply justice effectively and evenly. That's knows how to make a fvcking decision that makes sense.

I want this entire sordid punishment deal wiped completely off the books and we'll start from scratch with some fresh air and a presumably bright future for the entire NFL.

Might be quite a while before any of that comes to fruition, but this announcement means the clock is winding down on Roger's sorry regime.

Tick-tock, asshole. :4321:

Back