AFC Championship, Patriots at Broncos, Sunday Jan 24, 3pm CBS

I'm going to be climbing the walls until game time. So ready for this.

I am so pumped for this game!! So happy we have the early game. Feeling great about Pats today.

I can't be the only one who thinks we are going to see a healthy dose of Brock today, can I?

I assume you mean if the Pats are controlling the game with a 2-3 score lead. Wow, that would be a huge embarrassment for PManning and his legacy to be benched in the AFCCG and replaced by Osweiler. Personally, I believe Kubiak has painted himself into a corner with the "Peyton didn't play well because he was injured" narrative. I think he's stuck with Peyton.

The only way I see Peyton being benched is if the Broncos (or Pats) are up by 3 scores with 4 minutes to play. At that point putting Osweiler in would allow the Denver coaches to see if Osweiler is worth re-signing and allow Elway to spin that it had little to do with Manning.

I can't be the only one who thinks we are going to see a healthy dose of Brock today, can I?

I think it is possible especially if Manning looks bad. Kubiak has played the QB situation perfectly this season and has the pulse of his team. I do think it would take a lot for Manning to be pulled. He will have to look like he just can't physically do it or the Pats will have to be up big.

One thing that has to keep rattling around in Kubes head is Brock led Denver back vs the Pats down 14 in the fourth in the snow. He did the same vs the Bengals and should have also beaten Pitt in a blow out had his defense showed up in the second half. IF he comes off the bench, he will have zero pressure and can play loose while trying to save Manning's bacon.

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

What was his take?

I think it is possible especially if Manning looks bad. Kubiak has played the QB situation perfectly this season and has the pulse of his team. I do think it would take a lot for Manning to be pulled. He will have to look like he just can't physically do it or the Pats will have to be up big.

One thing that has to keep rattling around in Kubes head is Brock led Denver back vs the Pats down 14 in the fourth in the snow. He did the same vs the Bengals and should have also beaten Pitt in a blow out had his defense showed up in the second half. IF he comes off the bench, he will have zero pressure and can play loose while trying to save Manning's bacon.

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

What was his take?

He sees a win for the Pats and Panthers today.

He talked mostly about how good a leader Cam Newton has become and how effective he's been this year under pressure. Matt said Newton deserves to be the MVP this year and has a bright future.

I know that if I were the coach, I would switch before the game got out of hand. I know that Manning is not my future and maybe not the present. Manning may already be on board ala Bledsoe. Starting means exactly that, one play.

I know that if I were the coach, I would switch before the game got out of hand. I know that Manning is not my future and maybe not the present. Manning may already be on board ala Bledsoe. Starting means exactly that, one play.

If Kubiak could see into the future that the game was about to get out of hand, maybe. But he can't do that.

Bledsoe was never ok with Brady taking his job once he came back. Bledsoe was pissed and Manning would be pissed, too. IF Kubes replaces Manning with Osweiler, the Manning-Broncos break up won't be pretty no matter how they try to spin it.

=========================

Mostly cloudy skies and temperatures around 48 degrees are expected for the 3 p.m. ET kickoff in Denver, with only a slight chance of rain and a light breeze out of the northeast at 6 MPH.
But as the game moves along into the second half, forecasters are calling for temperatures to drop into the low 40s with the chance of rain increasing to over 50 percent. There’s a smaller (35 percent) chance of that precipitation turning to snow.

It should be noted that the Chiefs had the second best defense in the league, per Football Outsiders' Weighted DVOA, so Brady's 28/42 (66.7%) for 302 yards, 2 touchdowns, and 0 interceptions should be treated as a positive outcome. The only team with a better defense ?

The Denver Broncos, although the divide between the Broncos and Chiefs isn't as grand as some might want you to believe. The Broncos weighted DVOA was -22.1%, while the Chiefs were are -21.5%. The Seahawks posted a -21.0%, and a -19.8% last season. The Patriots passing offense should be fine.
http://www.patspulpit.com/2016/1/24/10821714/sunday-nfl-thoughts-deflategate-nfl-mvp-wide-receivers

i DON'T want to see Osweiler unless pats have big lead and it's too late for him to possibly mount a comeback. Osweiler could throw long/deep and it force pats to have to defend that (he's likely to make a blunder too but he's played enough that I'm not counting on it and, as someone else said, if he gets put in because Manning spit the bit he's kinda on house money).
Would love to see some Peyton-Face Pick-Six action today for sure, but I expect Manning to be smart and efficient with his passes, looking decent at first but as the game goes on and temp drops/wind picks up then for him to have issues passing. hopefully pats are up (by a lot!) and he is forced to chuck ducks

I assume you mean if the Pats are controlling the game with a 2-3 score lead. Wow, that would be a huge embarrassment for PManning and his legacy to be benched in the AFCCG and replaced by Osweiler. Personally, I believe Kubiak has painted himself into a corner with the "Peyton didn't play well because he was injured" narrative. I think he's stuck with Peyton.

The only way I see Peyton being benched is if the Broncos (or Pats) are up by 3 scores with 4 minutes to play. At that point putting Osweiler in would allow the Denver coaches to see if Osweiler is worth re-signing and allow Elway to spin that it had little to do with Manning.

This is a secondary, but very interesting aspect to this game.

I don't believe that Kubiak would be real interested in pulling Manning from this game regardless of the reason. Lifting Manning for a relief pitcher? I don't see it, but it would be dramatic as hell if it happens. The odds might be better if Osweiler had played better, but I see him as an injury option only.

If Kubiak replaced Peyton in his last (maybe) game then people will go apeshit.

I guess I am hoping (and if I thought of it I am sure BB did too) they put aside a little time to practice against a Brock style offense.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tvm2wcNQbfo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tlEIG3Vz3bc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back