Alex Van Pelt: New Offensive Coordinator

What McAdoo does bring is experience in coaching SF's zone blocking schemes for the WCO.
Seems more and more we're heading to the WCO.
That's a very good thing imo.
McAdoo is supposedly a good evaluator of QB talent, wanted the Giants to draft Mahomes before Eli was retired.
Big on fundamentals.

Who do you consider the top 3 QBs in this draft?
I look at it relative to value. I don't like Williams and Maye at all. I like Daniels a lot, but think he's a reach at 3. I love McCarthy, Nix, and Penix. I'd pair one of those guys with a high value pick at #3 all day long. (Or, conversely, trade for Justin Fields. If we can get the proper coaching, I still love what he can do.)

I look at it relative to value. I don't like Williams and Maye at all. I like Daniels a lot, but think he's a reach at 3. I love McCarthy, Nix, and Penix. I'd pair one of those guys with a high value pick at #3 all day long. (Or, conversely, trade for Justin Fields. If we can get the proper coaching, I still love what he can do.)

Thanks for replying, MD. Your vision is different than the vision of most "experts". It looks to me that the Pats are in a prime position to execute a good draft with various avenues to travel.
I wouldn't mind a trade for J. Fields myself. He's had a tough situation with Chicago. I'm not as high on Nix as you are. I'm an Auburn fan and he was godawful in Auburn and those nightmares still haunt me even though he's improved since those days.

As important as footwork is, you'd think all QB prospects would work harder to master it.

View: https://twitter.com/tkyles39/status/1754742013004587073

As others have pointed out in the past, Mac Jones foot work is the main issue with his interceptions and bad throws. With even minimal pressure, he's too often stepping back or sideways when trying to throw down the field. He'll never be any good unless he stops wetting his pants when under pressure (or when seeing ghosts), and properly steps into his throws. He doesn't have a strong enough arm to make a good throw with bad footwork. I have no doubt the coaches had all seen that and were trying to get it corrected. Of course in practice, he's not worried about getting hit.

Back