Alex Van Pelt: New Offensive Coordinator

He has 26 years in the league so not one of the hotshot, whizzkids on offense then.

I never heard of the dude. Cleveland OC who wasn't actually calling the plays??

So this is who we are now. Fishing from the bargain bins. What a fall this is for the team.

Seems like a good fit considering where we are at.
Experienced coach, multiple positions. QB coach multiple times.
Appears to be a person who can take care of the offense without being an personality to overpower the head coach.

Appears to be a person who can take care of the offense without being an personality to overpower the head coach.
Mate, we'd be better off with Linus Van Pelt.....

That is like, the most charitable way to say 'retread', so I thank you for that.

From what I remember he is a run first guy. Run sets everything up in his system. Having Nick Chubb helps. He didn't call plays though. Stefanski did.
I do like the idea of getting out of the E-P, but going to the West Coast is trading out words for numbers, and still needs to be timing-based. Zone run blocking will be nice though, take advantage of some of the agility.

I do like the idea of getting out of the E-P, but going to the West Coast is trading out words for numbers, and still needs to be timing-based. Zone run blocking will be nice though, take advantage of some of the agility.
Tommy, this guy better not be a rehab coach for Mac Jones.

He was a decent QB at Pitt. You're the only one here that I think would remember him there.

Not a lot of Alex Van Pelt highlights from Pitt - but plenty of Curtis Martin. To be fair, I'm looking for an unranked, kinda crappy NE school from 30 years ago.

Yeah. I agree.

I think we are looking at another top 5 pick next year.
With that in mind, it may be better just to draft the best WR in this class, and worry about QB next offseason. Develop that WR, and let Mac or whatever QB get beat to hell behind an awful line.

Bedard stated that Caley was telling anyone that would listen at the Senior bowl that he and his family love it in LA.
Also staying on the Rams staff could work out well with all raiding of the Rams staff, he can move up the ladder and who knows where he is a couple of years.

Back