Amatuer Photography Thread

My camera is a little too advanced for me but I had to buy it :D

still getting use to all the functions of my Sony HSC-H1

a Close up of an Ebay item I put up for sale.

Picture106.jpg

Picture103.jpg

Picture104.jpg

i got a few to share...they are on my oth pc and when i get mobile again i will post em.

perutta villatta {Spelling}pics wit the sun set over the H2O.

Taken tonight at the Tigers/Rangers game in Detroit. This is out front of the main gate to Comerica Park. My three kids.

Sorry the date is there but I take these pictures (literally 100's per month) for me to remember times like these...I have a feeling the dates will help when I am old.....

This was a clear shot but it appears to have blurred a little when it was shrunk...Is there a "best" way to resize this typ of photo (6 mega pixel) to fit?

My 6 year old (5 then) and I at Ford Field last season. This picture was taken for a customer of mine.....can you guess who?????????

Yep...Pepsi.

That is a Harrington jersey.....dicey purchase for most in Detroit given the last 4 years....but not for us....we are Harrington's.........

aloyouis said:
Taken tonight at the Tigers/Rangers game in Detroit. This is out front of the main gate to Comerica Park. My three kids.

Sorry the date is there but I take these pictures (literally 100's per month) for me to remember times like these...I have a feeling the dates will help when I am old.....

This was a clear shot but it appears to have blurred a little when it was shrunk...Is there a "best" way to resize this typ of photo (6 mega pixel) to fit?

I have a 5 mP digital camera and the pictures saved in jpeg format are still between 700kb and 1mb. What i do is open the picture (double left click with the mouse) and then right click on the picture and select resize picture. I then choose the Medium (fits an 800x600 screen) or the small (fits a 640 x 480 screen)

As an example if the original Jpeg file is 850kb or bigger you'll need to use the small to get it a file size small enough to post here. anything under 850kb the medium will work

An 898kb file size resized to the small 640x480 brings the jpeg file size down to 101kb

That same size file 898kb resized to the medium 800x 600 brings the file size down to 148kb

Which if i'm not mistaken just under the max file size (150 KB) allowed here. Anyway thats how I resize mine. One more thing when you resize a picture file this way what you get is another copy of your picture in its new files size but the original remains exactly as it was in its original file size so your not going to mess up the original.

Mr NFLfan said:
I have a 5 mP digital camera and the pictures saved in jpeg format are still between 700kb and 1mb. What i do is open the picture (double left click with the mouse) and then right click on the picture and select resize picture. I then choose the Medium (fits an 800x600 screen) or the small (fits a 640 x 480 screen)

As an example if the original Jpeg file is 850kb or bigger you'll need to use the small to get it a file size small enough to post here. anything under 850kb the medium will work

An 898kb file size resized to the small 640x480 brings the jpeg file size down to 101kb

That same size file 898kb resized to the medium 800x 600 brings the file size down to 148kb

Which if i'm not mistaken just under the max file size (150 KB) allowed here. Anyway thats how I resize mine. One more thing when you resize a picture file this way what you get is another copy of your picture in its new files size but the original remains exactly as it was in its original file size so your not going to mess up the original.

Wow that works great!

Thank you. I will now fight the urge to put a hundred pictures up on this thread!:) :D

Taken from a window seat on an A300 airbus on approach to Salt Lake City on our way to a cruise on the Mexican Riviera.

:patriots:

Sweet!

Now here is a tread that will get me posting. I’m an amateur photographer. Basically I bought my first Digital SLR a couple of years ago and I’m having a blast. I’ve *not* tried to digitally enhance my photos in any way. I just don’t have the time. Anyway here are some pic’s that I’ve taken. Let my know what you think.

Camera:
Pentax *ist DS (6.1 megapixle)

Lenses:
Pentax 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 (kit lens)
Sigma 70-200 1:2.8 (I love this piece of glass)
Phoenix 650-1300 1:8-16 (I got this just for the hell of it)
** no comments about me compensating for something. :)

Back