Amatuer Photography Thread

Thanks Dee! It was a joy being at both of those places. How's Lilly doing?

Here are a couple shots from White Sands:

Thanks Dee! It was a joy being at both of those places. How's Lilly doing?

Here are a couple shots from White Sands:

She's doing good so far. Still working on her immune system though always getting some bug or the other. She certainly keeps me hopping thats for sure. So for now I'll just enjoy everyone else's pictures lol.

~Dee~

Very nice photos.

Have to ask- you must spend a lot of time traveling- true?
in a RV?

SG - no, I only do 2-3 trips a year- most of the time I'm home here in Indiana. This most recent trip out west was a spur of the moment thing to help my brother move from Cheyenne, Wy. to Denver. While I was out there I decided to go south into New Mexico and visit Bosque and White Sands- two spots I have always wanted to go to. And being retired helps me pull these things off!

SG - no, I only do 2-3 trips a year- most of the time I'm home here in Indiana. This most recent trip out west was a spur of the moment thing to help my brother move from Cheyenne, Wy. to Denver. While I was out there I decided to go south into New Mexico and visit Bosque and White Sands- two spots I have always wanted to go to. And being retired helps me pull these things off!

Thanks..
After 30 years of marriage my wife finally warmed up to road trips., so we have been visiting Utah.,Wyoming...

Learned this past year that in Moab, Utah that offseason starts first week in November and motels are half priced and the weather is still decent. Think the Nov. Dec are cheaper because of the holidays. The holidays themselves are not cheap.

Do enjoy your photos.

10521376_10205016667993085_6625313886005890246_o.jpg

Thanks..
After 30 years of marriage my wife finally warmed up to road trips., so we have been visiting Utah.,Wyoming...

Learned this past year that in Moab, Utah that offseason starts first week in November and motels are half priced and the weather is still decent. Think the Nov. Dec are cheaper because of the holidays. The holidays themselves are not cheap.

Do enjoy your photos.

Sounds good- I love it out there. I did live in Colorado for 12 years back in there 70's and early 80's. Moab is a zoo in October as many foreign visitors descend upon the area - Nov 1st sounds about right for the start of their off season.

Another winter shot, this time the "smoky" appearance in the background caused by powder snow coming down from the trees on a sunny day. The picture does not do the phenomena justice. It was quite a sight.

A Great Blue Heron bringing in some sticks for the nest they are building:

Okay, these are from my March vacation.

Delta formation breakout.

Okay, these are from my March vacation.

Delta formation breakout.

Back