Amendola Gone?

Bennett and Hogans should be viewed as replacements for Chandler and LaFell imo. There is not too big of a cap difference either.

If we cut Amendola we only have 1 WR we know works in our system, and we would be way to dependent of Hogan being a success.

I will disagree to an extent. Keshawn Martin did an outstanding job until the hamstring injury shut him down for a few weeks. He took 90% of the snaps in Edelman's role when he was on the field. The kid is a good WR and a quick learner. Like Edelman and Amendola did, he just needs the time on the field with TB.

Good heavens ... you don't even know what busts means.

how much have the pats paid DA?

CONTRACT:5 yr(s) / $28,500,000 SIGNING BONUS$6,000,000 AVERAGE SALARY$5,700,000 GUARANTEED:$10,000,000 FREE AGENT:2018 / UFA

I would certainly expect more than 1400 yrds and 6 tds in 3 years with this kind of contract. He is the 22nd highest cap hit of all WR in the NFL.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/wide-receiver/

That to me is a bust. But whaever, as per usual you'll have some sort of "yer and idiot" comment. LOL

I will always remember DA for being on the receiving end of that trick play against the Ratbirds in the 2014 Divisional Game win.

Being overpaid is not the definition of a bust. He has not lived up to his contract but he has been a valuable contributor to the team both as its third receiver and punt returner. He was also instrumental in the Pats SB run in 2014.

Well I guess the last laugh is on you then. Edelman was always WW replacement:shrug_n:

AD was always a fourth opposition. We had 2 TE and don't forget Aaron Hernandez wasn't arrested until june and relseased immediately WW was let go in March. Where's Wes now?

~Dee~
Laugh is on me? HAHA. I'm sitting back and enjoying the most recent SB win. You're nuts if you think DA was better than WW. And paying a 4th option
$28,500,000 SIGNING BONUS$6,000,000 AVERAGE SALARY$5,700,000 GUARANTEED:$10,000,000 FREE AGENT:2018 / UFA

That is laughable.

Amendola is injury prone...but, he wasn't a bust. He did contribute to winning a ring.
Agreed. The exact reason why I questioned giving him the kind of contract the Pats did. And soon after they let WW go. I remember hearing about it on the radio, and it sure seemed like it was a move to recover from letting WW go.

Well I guess the last laugh is on you then. Edelman was always WW replacement:shrug_n:

AD was always a fourth opposition. We had 2 TE and don't forget Aaron Hernandez wasn't arrested until june and relseased immediately WW was let go in March. Where's Wes now?

~Dee~

I am not sure about that. Amendola was acquired to replace Wes but Edelman just beat him for the spot. You don't pay that type of contract the Pats did for Amedola for him to be the 4th option. That being said, he found his role and has been a solid contributor on offense and STs and most of ALL has been money in the post-season unlike Welker.

Being overpaid is not the definition of a bust. He has not lived up to his contract but he has been a valuable contributor to the team both as its third receiver and punt returner. He was also instrumental in the Pats SB run in 2014.

Okie dokie. What ever you say. You have your idea what it means, I have mine. If my team pays a player more money than what he deserves, that is a bust. If he was brought in for league minimum, he wouldn't have been a bust.

Agreed. The exact reason why I questioned giving him the kind of contract the Pats did. And soon after they let WW go. I remember hearing about it on the radio, and it sure seemed like it was a move to recover from letting WW go.

He was supposed to be Welker's replacement...you're correct. Edelman ended up doing that instead. I do agree that Amendola was pretty expensive. Eagles were close to signing him I believe...it was a bidding war.

In all honesty, many people (me included) were pissed at the deal in his first year as a Pat. A bad injury...etc. He did contribute after that though.

Okie dokie. What ever you say. You have your idea what it means, I have mine. If my team pays a player more money than what he deserves, that is a bust. If he was brought in for league minimum, he wouldn't have been a bust.

IF that is your definition of a bust than Elway SUCKS as a GM.

I would certainly expect more than 1400 yrds and 6 tds in 3 years with this kind of contract.

Good thing then, that you aren't a Pat's fan, but rather just hangin' to tell us on Monday morning' that you KNEW it all on Saturday and to make sure we all know how smart you are. As opposed to, say, BB and other such stiffs..

IF that is your definition of a bust than Elway SUCKS as a GM.

Lol. Zinger. OK. It's your choice. Either Amendola was a bust, or BB made a bad deal. Again, you choice. And for the record, your Elway point makes ZERO cents. LOL

Lol. Zinger. OK. It's your choice. Either Amendola was a bust, or BB made a bad deal. Again, you choice. And for the record, your Elway point makes ZERO cents. LOL

He isn't a bust. Only according to you. A poor deal? Sure. But again if that is your definition of bust then I present to you the entire Broncos offense last year starting with your $19 mil QB who was the worst rated QB in the league ...

Clearly those negotiations with Wes Welker weren't the smoothest in NFL history to be sure. But, there was blame on both sides as to why he wasn't signed by the Patriots. It was a brinkmanship issue. The Patriots ended up with Amendola because Welker didn't respond in a timely enough fashion to an offer. They had to sign a guy. They didn't want to lose out and have neither. Was Amandola a consolation prize? I expect after the fact anyone can believe what they want. At the time many believed Amadola was a young version of WW that would, in this system, give them 60-80 receptions. Injuries tainted that to be sure.

The emergence of Edelman to this level of performance was a surprise.

Clearly those negotiations with Wes Welker weren't the smoothest in NFL history to be sure. But, there was blame on both sides as to why he wasn't signed by the Patriots. It was a brinkmanship issue. The Patriots ended up with Amendola because Welker didn't respond in a timely enough fashion to an offer. They had to sign a guy. They didn't want to lose out and have neither. Was Amandola a consolation prize? I expect after the fact anyone can believe what they want. At the time many believed Amadola was a young version of WW that would, in this system, give them 60-80 receptions. Injuries tainted that to be sure.

The emergence of Edelman to this level of performance was a surprise.

I was thinking about Welker right after the Broncos won and what he must have been thinking watching the Pats hoist the Lombardi last year and then the Broncos. His two former teams won right after he left. That must have a special type of burn. I always loved him when he was a player but lost a lot of respect with how it all ended here and him bad mouthing Bill on the way out. A shame really but glad we got Julian to replace him.

Edelman almost beat out Welker for the slot job when they were both in NE together BEFORE Amendola, in Welker's franchised year.

Laugh is on me? HAHA. I'm sitting back and enjoying the most recent SB win. You're nuts if you think DA was better than WW. And paying a 4th option
$28,500,000 SIGNING BONUS$6,000,000 AVERAGE SALARY$5,700,000 GUARANTEED:$10,000,000 FREE AGENT:2018 / UFA

That is laughable.

And yet he restructured his contract. He's was a 3 plus million dollar cap hit this year its 4 plus million dollar. Did I say DA was better then WW no I said Edelman was always WW replacement. We run a different offense plain and simple.

By your standards Thomas will more probable then not be a bust with a 15 plus million cap hit and no one to throw to him. Not to mention he was a 13 million dollar cap hit last year with a whole 6 TD's and zero during the playoffs. He's made more in those 2 years then Amendola since he's been here. It's not the money it's how they do their job and when healthy DA has done his job well. I'm glad your enjoying your SB win not sure why you wouldn't.

WW had a whopping 12 touchdowns the 2 years he played for Denver and his cap hit was 4 million his first year and 7 plus million his second year.

~Dee~

I am not sure about that. Amendola was acquired to replace Wes but Edelman just beat him for the spot. You don't pay that type of contract the Pats did for Amedola for him to be the 4th option. That being said, he found his role and has been a solid contributor on offense and STs and most of ALL has been money in the post-season unlike Welker.

You pay market rate the rate was very high that year. I wouldn't go by how much was paid. Do you think the crop of QB's this year deserve what they're commanding?

~Dee~

Back