Amendola Gone?

Lol. Zinger. OK. It's your choice. Either Amendola was a bust, or BB made a bad deal. Again, you choice. And for the record, your Elway point makes ZERO cents. LOL

Talk to us next December when the donkies are already mathematically eliminated from the playoffs... Sanchez? Sanchez? LMFAO!!!! yep, elway is the man

You pay market rate the rate was very high that year. I wouldn't go by how much was paid. Do you think the crop of QB's this year deserve what they're commanding?

~Dee~

What he got paid back then was to be our top receiver not our 4th. He was brought in to replace the production of Welker. He was beat out by Edelman. It happens. He has restructured since them to be more in line with his production. So I have never seen his contract/production as bad for the Pats especially given how money was during the 2014 run.

The QBs this year are commanding those salaries because they are expected to be starters/franchise guys. If they don't pan out then they will be asked to restructure (like Amendola was) or be cut.

Laugh is on me? HAHA. I'm sitting back and enjoying the most recent SB win. You're nuts if you think DA was better than WW. And paying a 4th option
$28,500,000 SIGNING BONUS$6,000,000 AVERAGE SALARY$5,700,000 GUARANTEED:$10,000,000 FREE AGENT:2018 / UFA

That is laughable.

No one said Amendola was better than Welker. The statement is that Edelman replaced Welker. It can be said that since 2013 Edelman has been the better WR.

What he got paid back then was to be our top receiver not our 4th. He was brought in to replace the production of Welker. He was beat out by Edelman. It happens. He has restructured since them to be more in line with his production. So I have never seen his contract/production as bad for the Pats especially given how money was during the 2014 run.

The QBs this year are commanding those salaries because they are expected to be starters/franchise guys. If they don't pan out then they will be asked to restructure (like Amendola was) or be cut.

Again he was never paid that was my point it was a 5 year contract. I should have said one of 4. We've never had a true number one receiver it's always been by committee. We had both Gronk and Hernandez and Danny Woodhead, Edelman, and Shane Vereen. When WW was released and DA picked up. WW wasn't even our top scoring player at the time, had 6 TD's. Top receiver targeted yes but Llyod wasn't that far behind. We don't have a true number one never did, and I'm not seeing a 5 year 28 million dollar contract as a no 1 receiver contract on any team. Edelman is Guaranteed:$8,000,000 4 yrs and DA was guaranteed 10 million for 5 years. You have to look at the big picture.

~Dee~

Again he was never paid that was my point it was a 5 year contract. I should have said one of 4. We've never had a true number one receiver it's always been by committee. We had both Gronk and Hernandez and Danny Woodhead, Edelman, and Shane Vereen. When WW was released and DA picked up. WW wasn't even our top scoring player at the time, had 6 TD's. Top receiver targeted yes but Llyod wasn't that far behind. We don't have a true number one never did, and I'm not seeing a 5 year 28 million dollar contract as a no 1 receiver contract on any team. Edelman is Guaranteed:$8,000,000 4 yrs and DA was guaranteed 10 million for 5 years. You have to look at the big picture.

~Dee~

I get what you are saying and that is true to a point but his salary was for him to step into the shoes of Welker and get 100+ targets. That never happened as Edelman became that guy. Then last year Amendola was asked to restructure. All that being said, I never thought Amendola was being grossly overpaid for his production but it is stunning to me that Edelman has made less money than him but part of that is because Amendola was very productive in St. Louis which is what made his salary what it was when he signed him.

He isn't a bust. Only according to you. A poor deal? Sure. But again if that is your definition of bust then I present to you the entire Broncos offense last year starting with your $19 mil QB who was the worst rated QB in the league ...

What's the old saying? Scoreboard. I realize the Broncos O wasn't too good. But it was enough.

And yet he restructured his contract. He's was a 3 plus million dollar cap hit this year its 4 plus million dollar. Did I say DA was better then WW no I said Edelman was always WW replacement. We run a different offense plain and simple.

By your standards Thomas will more probable then not be a bust with a 15 plus million cap hit and no one to throw to him. Not to mention he was a 13 million dollar cap hit last year with a whole 6 TD's and zero during the playoffs. He's made more in those 2 years then Amendola since he's been here. It's not the money it's how they do their job and when healthy DA has done his job well. I'm glad your enjoying your SB win not sure why you wouldn't.

WW had a whopping 12 touchdowns the 2 years he played for Denver and his cap hit was 4 million his first year and 7 plus million his second year.

~Dee~

DT was a bust last year. With that huge contract. Will he regain his top WR ways? I hope so. WW had 12 TD's in 2 years. That's pretty decent #'s. Anyway you look at it.

Well I guess the last laugh is on you then. Edelman was always WW replacement:shrug_n:

AD was always a fourth option. We had 2 TE and don't forget Aaron Hernandez wasn't arrested until june and relseased immediately WW was let go in March. Where's Wes now?

~Dee~

You don't see this post as saying that DA was better?

He had a good 1 1/2 yeard in NE. I highly doubt he will take less again to stay with the pats . Now I hope hogan has that quick release .

I get what you are saying and that is true to a point but his salary was for him to step into the shoes of Welker and get 100+ targets. That never happened as Edelman became that guy. Then last year Amendola was asked to restructure. All that being said, I never thought Amendola was being grossly overpaid for his production but it is stunning to me that Edelman has made less money than him but part of that is because Amendola was very productive in St. Louis which is what made his salary what it was when he signed him.

Edelman
Contract: 4 yr(s) / $17,000,000 Signing Bonus $5,000,000 Average Salary$4,250,000 Guaranteed:$8,000,000

Amendola
Contract: 3 yr(s) / $12,750,000 Signing Bonus $500,000 Average Salary$4,250,000 Guaranteed:$500,000

orginal
Contract: 5 yr(s) / $28,500,000 Signing Bonus $6,000,000 Average Salary$5,700,000 Guaranteed:$10,000,000

The first 2 years of Amendolas contract he made
2013 Player contract details by year 27 $2,000,000 base salary $1,200,000 sign on bonus $375,000 - $3,575,000 cap hit $10,000,000 guarantee
2014 Player contract details by year 28 $3,000,000 base salary $1,200,000 sign on $500,000 roster bonus - $4,700,000 cap hit

reworked
2015 Contract details by year 29 $1,250,000 base salary $1,366,666 sign on $500,000 roster - $3,116,666 cap hit
2016 Contract details by year 30 $5,000,000 base salary $1,366,666 sign on $437,500 roster bonus - $6,804,166 cap

Edelman
2014 Contract details by year 27 $1,000,000 base salary $1,250,000 sign on bonus $500,000 roster - - $2,750,000 cap
2015 Contract details by year 28 $2,250,000 base salary $1,250,000 roster $656,250 - $500,000 misc $4,656,250 cap hit
2016 Contract details by year 29 $2,500,000 base salary$1,250,000 sign on $421,875 roster bonus $250,000 workout bonus $4,42,875 cap

DA contract was back loaded that's why he makes more this year. They've pretty much made the same amount.

~Dee~

He had a good 1 1/2 yeard in NE. I highly doubt he will take less again to stay with the pats . Now I hope hogan has that quick release .

Who is going to offer him more? His last 3 years of production are not the same as when he was in St. Louis and he will be 31 at the start of the season and is also injury prone. I am willing to bet he stays with the Pats for less.

I'd like to see Amendola stay for depth purposes. He made some nice contributions during their SB run (including catching Brady's 3rd TD pass across the back of the end zone against the Seahawks) and he fits the mold of the quick, short-area receiver they like so much.

If he won't take a pay cut, and they can afford him, I'm hoping they keep him anyway.

I'd like to see Amendola stay for depth purposes. He made some nice contributions during their SB run (including catching Brady's 3rd TD pass across the back of the end zone against the Seahawks) and he fits the mold of the quick, short-area receiver they like so much.

If he won't take a pay cut, and they can afford him, I'm hoping they keep him anyway.

I doubt the Pats are "Just Kidding" if the Pats seek a pay cut and don't getone. you won't here Krafty saying" Oh well, can't blame us for trying.

Reach an agreement or buh-bye.

Cheers, BostonTim

Who is going to offer him more? His last 3 years of production are not the same as when he was in St. Louis and he will be 31 at the start of the season and is also injury prone. I am willing to bet he stays with the Pats for less.

Eagles might...

Back