Amendola Gone?

Big/Sky/Fly

370hssv vw6!s tu36v
Reaction score
Danny Amendola - WR - Patriots

A source with knowledge of the situation tells Profootballtalk.com that Danny Amendola "could indeed be gone" from the Patriots.

PFT's Mike Florio suggests Amendola may "first be squeezed to take less (money)," then be released if he doesn't cooperate. Amendola's roster spot has come into question following the additions of pass catchers Chris Hogan and Martellus Bennett. Amendola is owed $5.5 million including salary and bonuses.

----

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/16/amendola-could-indeed-be-out-in-new-england/

Posted by Mike Florio on March 16, 2016, 11:41 PM EDT
zz03ztkxnde3mjhiytbjmzjhyzcyowe3zmjjy2e0yze0mq-e1458186067766.jpeg
AP

With receiver Chris Hogan and tight end Martellus Bennett joining the corps of pass-catchers in New England, one of the guys already on the roster could be in danger of becoming a former Patriot. A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that it’s indeed possible receiver Danny Amendola could be gone.

He’d likely first be squeezed to take less, and perhaps he’d choose to do so. The other alternative is to hold firm with a base salary of $5 million and per-game roster bonuses that add up to another $437,000, forcing the team to either trade Amendola or to cut him.

Amendola has spent three seasons in New England. The 2015 campaign was his best yet, thanks to the extended absence of receiver Julian Edelman, who broke a bone in his foot during a November win over the Giants. Amendola finished with 65 catches for 648 yards and three touchdowns.

It’s believed that Amendola would find interest elsewhere if the Patriots move on from the 30-year-old veteran who entered the league as an undrafted rookie out of Texas Tech and caught 85 passes in 2010, his second season with the Rams.

I like DA and would like to see him back. That being said, if keeping him becomes undoable, is there a trade market for him?

Bennett and Hogans should be viewed as replacements for Chandler and LaFell imo. There is not too big of a cap difference either.

If we cut Amendola we only have 1 WR we know works in our system, and we would be way to dependent of Hogan being a success.

I think BB would like to keep Amendola with a slight restructure. DA adds continuity and with a restructure he'd add value, too. If he won't restructure I think there is a market for him especially with the big contracts WRs have gotten in FA. I'd love to see a formation of Edelman, Lewis, Gronk, Hogan and DA just to see how teams try to defend it. Going BIG, substitute Bennett for DA.

You would have to think that he would take a little haircut for how his first year as a Pat went, he finally ended up with a ring, and could very well get another one...or two.

Just another example of racism in the NFL. Oh, what,....too many white WRs on one team? They have to release at least one of them.

Thanks, Obama. :mad:

I think since DA took a restructure just last year and had his best season as a Patriot, he probably won't be willing to do it again. Sucks to see him go, but if the sign Boldin, he would more than likely be odd-man-out anyway. Best of luck to him. Hope we can get a draft pick in trade instead of a release.

Theoretical question: Can we resturcture his contract to a 1 day deal? Then we would at lest get a comp pick when he leaves as a free agent.

I would hate to lose AD as he is a solid WR and a good punt returner but he has always been over paid from day one. The Pats expected him to replace Welker and instead Julian did.

You would have to think that he would take a little haircut for how his first year as a Pat went, he finally ended up with a ring, and could very well get another one...or two.

I would hate to lose AD as he is a solid WR and a good punt returner but he has always been over paid from day one. The Pats expected him to replace Welker and instead Julian did.

Amendola was a key contributor to the SB49 run. The way I see it, he earned his salary during the playoffs.

I really hope they don't release him. Even with the additions, the offense is one injury away from a total nosedive like last season. Even if he's being overpaid, I think it's worth it to keep him around.

I was excited to watch him back in St. Louis. He sucked then too. I laughed when BB brought him in to replace Welker. Not even close IMO.

da never sucked.
he was just injury prone.
the one year he didn't have any significant injuries, he was a baller. ww would have 0 concussions if he would have taken the pats deal, so I'd call him the loser in this one.

I was excited to watch him back in St. Louis. He sucked then too. I laughed when BB brought him in to replace Welker. Not even close IMO.

Well I guess the last laugh is on you then. Edelman was always WW replacement:shrug_n:

AD was always a fourth option. We had 2 TE and don't forget Aaron Hernandez wasn't arrested until june and relseased immediately WW was let go in March. Where's Wes now?

~Dee~

Back