American Idol

Ras said:
Hawg - I thought I didn't hear Uncle Vic sing the lyrics - "The whole rhythm section was the purple gang." Thanks, I thought I was the only one.

If Bo didn't win it last year, there wasn't any way Chris was going to this year. I still think this thing is too close to call. What is the song genre next week?

Anyway.....

Imagine my surprise to drop by and hear my name mentioned :thumb:

Thanks guys!!! I dont watch Idol as a rule.I watched couple episodes over the years,thats it.Just by chance surfing the dial came across Taylor in his very first audition.I says to myself,man that guy is great! Remember Simon said he would never make it to the finals.

There was no surprise at all to me that Chris went off the show.His music is to raunchy for all audiences.

I knew that people for Kelly where not all of a sudden going to vote for Chris(baldy).I`t was also obvious that Paris voters would not rush to Chris.The music is just to different.You got the chains and the tatoos on his bum etc.Not everyone is into that.

Taylor should win easy unless Chris people sabatoge the vote .

It was great to see Simons boy friend kicked off.A double wammy against Simon when you add on the sexy blonde that requested Taylor do a encore of jailhouse rock.Remember Simon basically said the performance was garbage the night before.Truth is it was a fabulous performance by Taylor.What that blonde girl did for Taylor,money cant buy.

Taylor should win easily.

some talk of Taylor hooking up with the Flutie Brothers band sometime down the road.Taylor is going to be buisy in the recording studio as the 2006 idol champ.

FOR THE PEOPLE THAT ARE CRYING FOUL THAT CHRIS IS BOOTED OFF...I have heard it all,the conspiracy theories etc,phone lines got mixed up etc,WHAT A JOKE.....Chris was in the bottom 3 just a couple weeks ago.He was over rated...get a grip

PatPatriot said:
Would anyone here pay $50 ($100 with spouse) to see Taylor sing for two and a half hours? I would and so will millions more

Chris? Yeah. I could see him carrying a whole show. Heck, just have him perform all the songs he's done on Idol, from Walk the Line, to Renegade, to his Elvis stuff.... Sign me up.

Yes,Chris should have plenty of spare time to perform now that hes off the show.

Remember,Chris was in the bottom 3 just a couple weeks ago.This is no surprise that he`s off the show.

Taylor on the other hand is the only one left that has never been in the bottom 3.ROFL

Hawg73 said:
A couple of things:

1. Chris got screwed, pure and simple

Chris was booted off because he wasnt good enough,pure and simple.The bald head,the chain on his wallet, the tattoos on his bum etc.That doesnt do it for most of us.

He didn`t have broad enough appeal to win. REMEMBER,CHRIS WAS IN THE BOTTOM 3 JUST A COUPLE SHORT WEEKS AGO.He was not screwed over.

FYI....Only one person remaining who has never ever been in the bottom 3......Taylor Hicks

The blonde babe that requested the encore performance of jailhouse rock, did Taylor no harm,thats for sure.Cant buy advertising like that!!!!

Get a grip.....is what I say to people that think Chris got burnt....he wasnt good enough.

Uncle Vic said:
FYI....Only one person remaining who has never ever been in the bottom 3......Taylor Hicks
If I remember correctly, Hicks was in the bottom one week, not long ago.

Well, this is a good fit.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,195194,00.html

and hey, is Ed Werder running chris's fan club? Smells like crowd noise to me!

http://www.chrisdaughtryfans.com/

May 11, 2006 - Is It Really Over? - Last night I was stunned just like hundreds of thousands of other when Chris was voted off of American Idol. Lot's of people are angry and upset and there have been a lot of reports that one of the two phone lines was down for up to 45 minutes but I can't confirm that.

Taylor Hicks has never been in the bottom 3 Ever

Ras said:
If I remember correctly, Hicks was in the bottom one week, not long ago.

Dont take my word for it,check it out. Taylor has never been in the bottom 3

Steve-o said:
Well, this is a good fit.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,195194,00.html

and hey, is Ed Werder running chris's fan club? Smells like crowd noise to me!

http://www.chrisdaughtryfans.com/

May 11, 2006 - Is It Really Over? - Last night I was stunned just like hundreds of thousands of other when Chris was voted off of American Idol. Lot's of people are angry and upset and there have been a lot of reports that one of the two phone lines was down for up to 45 minutes but I can't confirm that.

Im willing to listen to arguments that Chris got robbed.Perhaps a blue ribbon panel or something? Maybe hold them up on Capital Hill in Washington.Hey maybe John McLean (only Mark Levin fans will get that) has some time on his hands once he`s done with steroids in baseball hearings?

As stated, I will listen to all arguments that Chris fans got cheated.The hole in their story is this.....Chris in the bottom 3 several weeks ago,Why no complaint then from his fans that there was foul play?Their guy is so popular why was he in the bottom 3 just a few weeks ago?

Theres good losers and poor losers.His fans should accept defeat gracefully.His music has to be considered alternative.

the other side c

The local Fox affiliate here in Minneapolis said this morning that Chris might have an opportunity to be the lead singer to the band Fuel. He covered the band's song "Hemorrhage" and they are looking for a new lead singer and really liked his singing of there song.

WHO NEEDS AMERICAN IDOL !

By the way when is that new Rock Star starting??? Should be interesting!

At the time of this posting....

Taylor Hicks leads the phone and text messaging votes .....Taylor 39% Kat 32% and Eliot 29%

All we know for sure is that Taylor is safe.2nd and 3rd are to close to call as of yet.We will have a pretty clear picture by 10 am on wednesday.

A few thoughts from yours truly......

Im for Taylor all the way, but.....I think its wrong that Simon basically told Eliot that he would not be in the final....And Paula telling a magazine that she hopes Eliot wins.This would disqualify judges in more serious matters.

I think they where afraid that the final might be between Taylor and Eliot.They wanted to make sure Kat is in the final instead of Eliot....not normally a cospiracy person.

Taylor wrapped up the title last week when the sexy blonde requested a encore of Jailhouse rock just before wed results.If that wasnt enough he was flawless tonight on all 3 songs.The guy is AWESOME.....
:thumb:

Re: At the time of this posting....

Uncle Vic said:
Taylor Hicks leads the phone and text messaging votes .....Taylor 39% Kat 32% and Eliot 29%

And how do you know this? The actual voting totals are one of the biggest secrets in television. But, of course, I'm sure you have inside info.

For the record, Taylor will make the final 2. His song choices were much better than the others. What the hell did Paula pick out for Elliot?

Based on performances, it should be Taylor and Kat.

I wonder if Simon telling Elliot he is going home is to help him gather votes not a take them away. It could all come back to the old " I'll show that pompous Brit" take on things and relax Kat's supporters.

Paula has no right picking songs she wants to have song in her dressing room for the show

Taylor using Paula to play the Courtney Cox role was kind of humorous also - except for the fact she is an old bag who lost all dancing skills by taking pills

Re: Re: At the time of this posting....

bideau said:
And how do you know this? The actual voting totals are one of the biggest secrets in television. But, of course, I'm sure you have inside info.

Your reaction is the right one....However this site called the results late last Tuesday night....They had by midnight after the show,Taylor way out in front followed by Eliot in a distant second,followed by Kat with Chris leaving the show...

I bet you they have it right again...A huge 866 number has many employees,you dont think that someone in that businesss could gather atleast a direction the votes are going.

heres the link...www.zabasearch.com/ai_stats.php

by the way....they update as they gleam info.By noon today they will have their final totals posted.

Ok, Eliot's out and the other two are in the finals. Anything else should call for a congressional inquiry panel.

I loved Kat's "Rainbow" and Hicks' "Tenderness". Whether you like Taylor or not, or have a secret mancrush on him like some members of this site, you have to admit the guy is a good showman and competes like hell. He has the Eye of the Tiger.

Now, onto more pressing matters. Over the last month of this show I have been more interested in Paula's chemical state than anything else and guess that she upped her dosage last night to numb the pain of watching Eliot Yasmin AKA the-son-she-never-had fall just a bit short.

Paula's comments fall into two basic categories now:

1. A mercifully brief and slightly slurred "you look fantastic and are just a great singer. Fabulous."

and

2. A long-winded, rambling version of the same that she seems unable to wrap up with any real points framed by any real sentences.

It is as if all the coaching she has recieved from the producers to please keep quiet are swallowed up by a burning need for her to reveal her tortured thought processes to the country and she won't quit it just because Simon is looking at his watch with his eyebrows raised. Seacrest might show up with a vaudeville hook to pull her offstage next week if this keeps up, and if there is a God in heaven-- it will.

Another Paula thought concerns her dancing. Whatever the goofball-of-choice she is dryswallowing heaping handfuls of, she seems to be able to dance just fine without wiping out and pitching headlong into the audience (damn it all).

If you put that dosage in me, put a gun to my head and told me I had to dance, I would immediately go Rob Petrie and trip over the nearest object, but while Paula couldn't spell CAT if you spotted her the C and the A, she could do all the steps to Flashdance with enough pharmaceuticals in her system to stop a Bull Elephant dead in it's tracks.

You gotta love her.

Uncle Vic said:
Taylor Hicks leads the phone and text messaging votes .....Taylor 39% Kat 32% and Eliot 29%.....

Zabasearch bases their analysis on the number of web searches done on each contestant.

There's another site, DialIdol.com, which measures the busy signals for each contestant's phone #(s). They have had an 85% accuracy rate in determining who gets eliminated.

They list the current position based on the results and the stastical margin of error. At the time of this post, it was:

XXX: 31.638%; margin of error 1.512; 1st or 2nd place

YYY: 28.759%; margin of error 1.544; 1st, 2nd or 3rd place

ZZZ: 28.286%; margin of error 1.549; 2nd or 3rd place

Based on the margin of error, AAA will be no lower than 2nd place.

Too close to call between BBB and CCC.

Click on the link if you want to see the actual names. I didn't show them here because only an a$$hole ( :LOL: ) posts spoilers without a warning message.

Hawg73 said:
...Whether you like Taylor or not, or have a secret mancrush on him like some members of this site, you have to admit the guy is a good showman and competes like hell...

I find it painful to watch him prance around like a drunk uncle at a wedding. He has, however, had some very good performances the last 2 weeks. I thought his In the Ghetto was outstanding.

My take on the guy is that he seems to elicit strong opinions. People either love him or they hate him. Based on the people I talk to, more people hate him.
I believe that if we got to vote for last place instead of first place, he would be long gone by now.

He may well have enough members of his cult to get him to the finals. Once there, however, the vote will be 1 on 1. The anti-Taylor vote would no longer be split, and he would get trounced in the voting.

Hawg73 said:
Ok, Eliot's out and the other two are in the finals. Anything else should call for a congressional inquiry panel.

I loved Kat's "Rainbow" and Hicks' "Tenderness". Whether you like Taylor or not, or have a secret mancrush on him like some members of this site, you have to admit the guy is a good showman and competes like hell. He has the Eye of the Tiger.

Now, onto more pressing matters. Over the last month of this show I have been more interested in Paula's chemical state than anything else and guess that she upped her dosage last night to numb the pain of watching Eliot Yasmin AKA the-son-she-never-had fall just a bit short.

Another Paula thought concerns her dancing. Whatever the goofball-of-choice she is dryswallowing heaping handfuls of, she seems to be able to dance just fine without wiping out and pitching headlong into the audience (damn it all).

If you put that dosage in me, put a gun to my head and told me I had to dance, I would immediately go Rob Petrie and trip over the nearest object, but while Paula couldn't spell CAT if you spotted her the C and the A, she could do all the steps to Flashdance with enough pharmaceuticals in her system to stop a Bull Elephant dead in it's tracks.

You gotta love her.
:LOL: ROFL

so I goes to watch the show last nite in anticipation of another pardon the expression round of Katherine cleavage shots and the AI style geniuses decide the Lady Godiva look is what American Men want WTF?

and were we just a hairbreadth away from a Paula nip slip during her runway gyrations? damn that double-sided tape. thanks 3M

and Uncle Vic.... I'll give your boy Taylor his props. IMO he (along with Mandisa) have been the only 2 contestants that seemed to have a genuine love of performing and having fun with their music.

that being said, I still can't shake the image that Taylor's chops are being delivered as if he's in contact with a live 3rd rail on the Red Line

Hawg73 said:
Whether you like Taylor or not, or have a secret mancrush on him like some members of this site, you have to admit the guy is a good showman and competes like hell. He has the Eye of the Tiger.

I still haven't watched idol, but living with someone who loves anything of this nature I stumbledin to the living room and was roped into watching one performance of each of the karaok-errr contestants. My wife said she would be interested my opinion on each. They young guy is oatmeal, the girls is cute and has a voice, but I pass more talented people busking on the way to work. This Taylor (I know his name for two reasons) I thought was a judge or some washed up disco star from the 70s using Idol for his comeback. I don't know what the big deal is about him, the way he moves, sounds (spoken and singing) and those faces he makes . . . he makes me feel sad and annoyed at the same time.
I find it funny to hear of any man crushes that people would have on him. If any of you had gone to high school with him, I can guarntee you would have spent money a lunch hour beating and berating him. If I could . . . I still would (although it may be left over resentment for being picked on myself).
On a happy note, I noticed that Clive Davis was interviewing someone older and more clueless than himself and I thought that must be nice for him . . . oh wait it was that Taylor guy again.

RoadGrader said:
:LOL: ROFL

so I goes to watch the show last nite in anticipation of another pardon the expression round of Katherine cleavage shots....

The day after her first wardrobe malfunction I stopped into my local Comcast office and rented a DVR. Believe me, the next time one of those nips escapes, my 'back 15 seconds' and 'pause' buttons are gonna be getting a serious workout. wuv eeek :jerkit:

Back