American Idol

dropKickMurphy said:
The day after her first wardrobe malfunction I stopped into my local Comcast office and rented a DVR. Believe me, the next time one of those nips escapes, my 'back 15 seconds' and 'pause' buttons are gonna be getting a serious workout. wuv eeek :jerkit:

I just asked my officemate (and huge fan) if that really happened . . . she sent over this link, but the mytube didn't work.

Hawg73 said:
Another Paula thought concerns her dancing. Whatever the goofball-of-choice she is dryswallowing heaping handfuls of, she seems to be able to dance just fine without wiping out and pitching headlong into the audience (damn it all).
she is dancing fine, the problem is the beat she is dancing to is not the one the band is playing. She is so pilled up that she rattles (stolen from the clash) and the fact she can stay upright is amazing but like all narcotics the more you use the more you need the next time.

I wonder what her daily dose is up to.

I also wonder if she will lap dance Elliot if he is voted off tonight.

I think Kat goes, not sure why but from the 1st show to the last show the biggest progress has been made by Elliot, he seems to be taking the beating from the judges and learning from it.

I don't like the epileptic fits Taylor has but the judges seems to encourage it even after other guest have suggested he not act like he is bare foot on hot coals. I just wonder if they give advice to certain performers that hurt the contestants chance because they want them to be voted off.

There is no inside info

Taylor should be the top guy.Eliot should be second(but wont)and Kat should go.

Kat wont go probably.

Thats the worst version of over the rainbow I ever heard.

Whats with this sitting on the floor again.Sorry but thats pathetic.

I think you guys are being a little tough on Taylor.

Here is a random thought that occured to me watching last night.

Both Taylor and Eliot have what could be termed soulful funky-white-boy voices. I'm not saying either one is Marvin Gaye, but compared to most white singers -- they both have their fair share and more.

Now, there is a certain sexual element to a lot of popular music. Most songs are about love, passion, broken hearts, etc, etc. That's what sells for whatever reason -- perhaps because music captures something about our feelings about the opposite sex that is hard to define any other way.

It's about a feeling or selling that feeling. It's pretty easy to make a case that Barry White could have gotten laid in an ambulance on his way to a hospital (before he died) and his voice communicated that, despite the fact that he was not a handsome man.

Having said that, I'd make a case that neither Eliot nor Taylor really have any credible sexual vibe whatsoever. Both seem almost androgynous. I wonder if either one has ever got to second base. Really. For two soulful-funky-white-boys you wonder if it is all by rote, if they really understand the songs they are trying to emote.

To really stretch my statement, there is something missing in Kat's pheromone locker as well. She looks fantastic, gorgeous, sexy, but her performances strike me as being a little.....contrived? wooden? Something's missing, but I could certainly learn to overlook it in her case.

Ahhh, forget it. I'm going to get killed over this one.

Re: There is no inside info

Uncle Vic said:
Taylor should be the top guy.Eliot should be second(but wont)and Kat should go.

Kat wont go probably.

Thats the worst version of over the rainbow I ever heard.

Whats with this sitting on the floor again.Sorry but thats pathetic.

The worst?

You must have been scooping up and swallowing the pills that Paula dropped last night.

is it them or the Idol image that is being sent out, While Kat needs a night of being service by Fred Garvin - Male prostitute and his elaborate set up of trusses - to find her inner animal I agree about the 2 men

Elliot is the most changed from the beginning, the biggest make over appearance wise from young punk wanna be rapper kid to White sport coats and pink carnation look, I doubt he pick this progression but that the stylist and staff forced him into it.

Taylor is a stiff because he worked with them, wasn't he working in a morgue, while his voice is soulful his previous audience was soulless at that point so he has much to learn about dealing with the living. The guy rubs some the wrong way with his herky-jerky motion while singing but the last few weeks he has raised his level but needs to remember that his small club antics at the end of a song do not work on american Idol

edit
as for over the rainbow that kat sang - it was not as good as the dude in the tux jacket and chuck conners high tops on star search but far from the worse version I ever heard
89066.jpg

Hawg73 said:

It's about a feeling or selling that feeling. It's pretty easy to make a case that Barry White could have gotten laid in an ambulance on his way to a hospital (before he died) and his voice communicated that, despite the fact that he was not a handsome man.
ROFL
Hawg73 said:
To really stretch my statement, there is something missing in Kat's pheromone locker as well. She looks fantastic, gorgeous, sexy, but her performances strike me as being a little.....contrived? wooden? Something's missing, but I could certainly learn to overlook it in her case.

Ahhh, forget it. I'm going to get killed over this one.
the only thing missing last night from K's performance was the Male AI audience not being wooden. 2 glaring omissions stood between Katharine and greatness last night

mikiemo83 said:
....the dude in the tux jacket and chuck conners high tops ....

Chuck (The Rifleman) Connors was probably wearing Chuck Taylor sneakers during his brief stint with the Celtics.

Well I feel it should be Taylor vs. Elliot and that bit of Simon telling him about not going on was kind of troublesome as at this stage they should not be hearing this as for them making it this far he does not need to do that to them.

Katherine's performances have been:lame: She should of been gone weeks ago and I feel that she is not that good at singing but she is fine looking thou and that is probably what has propelled her.

I can see FOX sitting there and wanting a female and a male in the finals instead of two males. That could be why they make Elliot the scapegoat and go with Taylor and Kat.

Shall be interesting and after last week YOU NEVER KNOWS WHAT HAPPENS.

THE AMAZING RACE season finale is on tonight so once again, thank god for TIVO !

Taylor is safe, and that's about all I know.

I think Kat will get by on popularity, though Elliott did a better job. I don't really get his appeal, though. He always seems really stiff and emotionless when he's singing.

hope I dont jinx you but.....

PatsfaninMN said:
Well I feel it should be Taylor vs. Elliot and that bit of Simon telling him about not going on was kind of troublesome as at this stage they should not be hearing this as for them making it this far he does not need to do that to them.

Katherine's performances have been:lame: She should of been gone weeks ago and I feel that she is not that good at singing but she is fine looking thou and that is probably what has propelled her.

I can see FOX sitting there and wanting a female and a male in the finals instead of two males. That could be why they make Elliot the scapegoat and go with Taylor and Kat.

I agree with every word you said...:thumb:

Was anyone else suspicious with the voting percentage breakdown? Seemed a little contrived to me :rolleyes:

On to the overhyped finale....

bideau said:
Was anyone else suspicious with the voting percentage breakdown? Seemed a little contrived to me :rolleyes:

Who the hell knows?

I've been suspicious of the show all along, but when Chris got the boot I figured it had to be legit. You wouldn't figure they would axe a guy that figures to earn them some fat royalties.

I've heard rumors that his fans were so convinced that he would move on that they didn't bother to vote-- which might make sense.

Overall, I've thought the voting seemed fairly well done this season and seemed to weed out the weakest contenders almost every week (see above).

bideau said:

yes, I also found the interviews telling, Elliot was truly touched by everything going on and Taylor seemed to be also

- that said Kat was like " well I didn't have like thousands of people" and seemed disingenuous to me especially when asked who the guy was that she hugged after he yelled McPhee and her reply was " I don't know", could she have not just said a kid I went to school with?

I also think if you go from 1st time seen to last Tuesdays night performance the greatest growth as a singer was Elliot.

Finally Taylor is getting it and singing the song and keeping some of his energy in check.

Kat, I think can sing but to me is a Diva already ( based on interviews and her recent comments to the judges like "you've be hard on me lately" - to bad she wasn't saying that to RG) and while I enjoy the shots of the funbags from a talented camera operator, I think she should have gone home last night for showing no growth as a singer in this singing competition.

America has spoken

''It's tough for me without Chris, but I'm going with Taylor Hicks — mostly just because he's fun and has no business being an American Idol. Will I buy a Taylor Hicks record? No. But hey, he's the gray-haired guy.'' —Jennifer A.

''Taylor, because he's
(a) not a robo-chanteuse who's been stagemothered within an inch of her life
(b) not sporting hideous chin pubes
(c) having more fun than any contestant in the history of the show.''
—Kristen B.

''Taylor — because I love it when senior citizens kick kids' butts. —Alynda W.

''Taylor Hicks: Because I am planning on marrying him, and it would be a lot more fun if he was rich. Also, I think Simon's head might actually explode, leaving nothing but a V-necked torso for Paula to bat around, and that seems like it would be worth watching. In conclusion, Katharine is too prissy and Elliott has the charisma of a clam, so I'm not left with much choice. Soul Patrol!'' —Anonymous

American Democracy........its Fannnn-tastic!!

I hope "Anonymous" isn't who I think it may be

"America has spoken and two outstanding contestants remain on American Idol." ~ Anonymous RG quotation

gawd, please stop me before I post again

Back