And I always thought Brady was an Italian

In a humorous nod to Brady’s Irish root Patriots owner Robert Kraft stated that Brady was ‘talking Gaelic’ during a recent spat with Offensive Coordinator Bill O’Brien.
I'm no lip reader, but I'm fairly certain that Brady told O'Brien to va fungoul. (NSFW)

actually is vaffanculo

:jester:

In American mob movies and TV shows (like The Sopranos), they often bastardize it to 'va fungoul.' I don't know if that's a Sicilian thing, or an American Italian thing ... or just a Hollywood thing.

Haters gotta hate...

Mac Brádaigh
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mac Brádaigh, Gaelic-Irish surname.

Overview

Mac Brádaigh derives from the term brádach, meaning "thieving" or "dishonest", though its original sense seems to have denoted "spirited". The family were natives of Breifne and Airgíalla.

The surname is generally anglicised as Brady.

A separate family, the Ó Gradáigh, of north-east Thomond, also anglicise their name as Brady.

Mac Brádaigh
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mac Brádaigh, Gaelic-Irish surname.

Overview

Mac Brádaigh derives from the term brádach, meaning "thieving" or "dishonest", though its original sense seems to have denoted "spirited". The family were natives of Breifne and Airgíalla.

The surname is generally anglicised as Brady.

A separate family, the Ó Gradáigh, of north-east Thomond, also anglicise their name as Brady.

... or "Cheating Cheaters who Cheat???" :poke:

In American mob movies and TV shows (like The Sopranos), they often bastardize it to 'va fungoul.' I don't know if that's a Sicilian thing, or an American Italian thing ... or just a Hollywood thing.

Yes! It is the southern dialect! At first I didn't recognized it because i read it with italian pronunciation and it didn't sound well!

But I think Brady looks like a northern Italian! :D Just Kidding!

This explains why Tom is so good at taking a beating.

Back