Anyone experience DirecTV DVR issues?

I just ended a promo package with Comcast and called to see what they had and to cancel my other promotion (free HBO for a year) they said I can get all the movie channels for a year for 13 dollars more a month or lose HBO and other channels associated with the promotion and pay 5 dollars more a month
so now I'm wondering if maybe I should look into DirectTv :spock:

These companies are brilliant.

They have the business, but rather lose it than give an existing customer some type of deal:shrug:

The thing is, I told directv I was going to leave. I called them twice before I did it...now, after I've left they keep offering me the deal that would have kept me...they even offer to pay any buyout penalty:shrug:

I am pretty sure DirecTV has a policy in place that they do not hire anyone with above an 85 IQ.

Direct TV rely on sub contractors to repair, and install their systems. I worked for a company called Halstead Communications base out of Malta NY and they paid you by the Install, repair and not by the hour, and thats the key right there. Because of that the faster you install the more per hour you make. WE had 75 installers working and I would say maybe 10-15 of them followed the proper guidlines when it came to installing a system. I'm also pretty sure some of these dudes had an IQ of 30..... (I was considered in TOP 10 performer... MY IQ was 132 last checked) The other issue Halstead try to come up with ways to back charge all the installers for so called bad installs. Some of them were warranted, but many of them were a conveniently a figment of their imagination. Because of this many of the installers had a real bad attitude and poor performance increased. I ended up leaving because I was working 80-100 hours a week,and I got back charged $30 dollars because some idiot forgot how to use their remote.... Halstead ended up getting sued by a group of ex installers for their evil back charges.
When I left there was a mass exodus of installers leaving at the same time, and most of them were Top 10 guys.. The guy who trained me was the best in the company and he left about 2 weeks before I did... As long as you have companies who treat their installers poorly Direct TV will never have the reliability that could get. The people with the low IQ are the people who treat the installers poorly. Direct TV should never allow companies to pay their installers by the job and force subs to pay hourly. IF this were done the performance of their systems and reliability would improve dramatically. IF a system is installed the way it should be it would be more reliable than cable...

Direct TV rely on sub contractors to repair, and install their systems. I worked for a company called Halstead Communications base out of Malta NY and they paid you by the Install, repair and not by the hour, and thats the key right there. Because of that the faster you install the more per hour you make. WE had 75 installers working and I would say maybe 10-15 of them followed the proper guidlines when it came to installing a system. I'm also pretty sure some of these dudes had an IQ of 30..... (I was considered in TOP 10 performer... MY IQ was 132 last checked) The other issue Halstead try to come up with ways to back charge all the installers for so called bad installs. Some of them were warranted, but many of them were a conveniently a figment of their imagination. Because of this many of the installers had a real bad attitude and poor performance increased. I ended up leaving because I was working 80-100 hours a week,and I got back charged $30 dollars because some idiot forgot how to use their remote.... Halstead ended up getting sued by a group of ex installers for their evil back charges.
When I left there was a mass exodus of installers leaving at the same time, and most of them were Top 10 guys.. The guy who trained me was the best in the company and he left about 2 weeks before I did... As long as you have companies who treat their installers poorly Direct TV will never have the reliability that could get. The people with the low IQ are the people who treat the installers poorly. Direct TV should never allow companies to pay their installers by the job and force subs to pay hourly. IF this were done the performance of their systems and reliability would improve dramatically. IF a system is installed the way it should be it would be more reliable than cable...

I had zero problems with the install or my service. It is the Customer Service reps who are mind blowingly moronic.

I had zero problems with the install or my service. It is the Customer Service reps who are mind blowingly moronic.

I had no problem either.

My only issue's in 5 years were 1) a simple question about the hockey package and 2) being offered 5 bucks off my bill to stay when i told them I was going to leave, only to be given better deals after I left...I'm not sure if I've mentioned this:coffee:

I had no problem either.

My only issue's in 5 years were 1) a simple question about the hockey package and 2) being offered 5 bucks off my bill to stay when i told them I was going to leave, only to be given better deals after I left...I'm not sure if I've mentioned this:coffee:

do tell :huh:

I had no problem either.

Ours was dealing with the rebate when we first signed up. Holy hell, 5 phone calls and at least 2 hours and they had to change our account number and other foolishness just to process a 5 dollar rebate!!! Why couldn't you just advertise a price for 5 dollars less you asshats????

A mass exodus is less than 10 guys? :huh:

LOL and YESTERDAY..I get an e-mail from DTV saying they had some "technical difficulties" and they have fixed them. Wouldn't it have been prudent to send an e-mail FIRST saying they were making some changes/updates (that 3D thing) and there may be issues? It probably would have saved some phone call volume.

I guess I'm going to go with Comcast again too much of a hassle otherwise

I guess I'm going to go with Comcast again too much of a hassle otherwise

Give them a try, and see what they say.

Use my story to see what they say, maybe ask for a manager or someone who can do more than read the script.

A mass exodus is less than 10 guys? :huh:
The key word was most, I guess when a company starts losing their best men in a short span isn't considered a mass exodus... I guess I should have been more specific smarty pants...

Back