Anyone familiar with the 26-27-60 rule?

(P - shoulder)

More Probable Than Not
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisweeks3d.com
I was listening to
kaos-animal-cow-smiley-6119.gif
herd on the radio this morning and he mentioned something called the 26-27-60 rule: supposedly a very good predictor of QB success in the NFL is if they score a 26+ on the wonderlic, start 27+ games in college, and complete 60% of passes in college.

I was intrigued because I'd never heard of this before, but I'm not sure what to make of it. It seems like those are just good numbers that you'd want to look for anyway. Also, they seem a little arbitrary. 27 starts is more than 2 seasons in college. What happens in the 3rd game of the 3rd season? Do QB's that start fewer games tend to work out as well, just with longer developmental time, or are they just sunk if they didn't get enough college work? In general, has anyone else heard of this? Is there good evidence to back it up, or is it as gimmicky and flawed as the new QBR system of ESPN?

If this is the same "test" I read about last year, I believe I read an article about it and Jimmy Clausen last year in espn mag, and the general thrust of the articles was that it was such a great predictor and how it basically guaranteed that Clausen was going to be unexpectedly great. So, in re:

is it as gimmicky and flawed as the new QBR system of ESPN

I'd say "hell yes!"

I've heard it (or something similar) before. I'm not positive when it was, but it might have been during Parcells predraft special. He talked about his criteria for most of the positions in the draft.

If this is the same "test" I read about last year, I believe I read an article about it and Jimmy Clausen last year in espn mag, and the general thrust of the articles was that it was such a great predictor and how it basically guaranteed that Clausen was going to be unexpectedly great.

Doesn't it have to be 27 starts from a major college program?

What exactly is the ideal seal measurement? :coffee:

I thought he was talking about neanderthal women.

Back in the day when I went clubbing, I looked for 36 B or C; 23-24" waist; and 30-32" hips. I'm a FLA guy. Face, legs and ass. Maybe I should see a shrink...huge tits never lit me up for some reason.

Back