Appreciation.

patsfanroach

Reaction score
Wow. I have been catching up around here. Ras is DEAD ON CORRECT.

This team has been through a lot in the last two seasons. The SBWWNBN*, Tommy's season ending injury, 11 wins and somehow missing the playoffs, countless assistants and coordinators leaving, retirements of the two greatest Patriots ever (Troy and Tedy of course), trades of two of the defenses best leaders (Big Sey and Mikie V) and all of the missed opportunities in each season knowing Tom F. Brady will get old and slow down eventually.

We as a fan base have set expectations that are astronomical. We know we have one of the greatest coaches of all time. We know we have one of the greatest QBs of all time. We know we have witnessed one of the last dynasties the NFL may ever see. We know that this team has almost completely transformed since 2001 and yet they still are a winning team.

We need to get over it and realize that perfection is not always going to be the case. 21 wins in a row is not normal folks. Three superbowls over a five year span just does not happen anymore. Countless AFC Championship appearances are not a fair expectation. Undefeated seasons? Really? We got to experience one of those...how many other NFL fan bases have done this? One.

We are soooo freaking lucky to have been a part of all of this. New fans just do not understand what it was like in the early 1990's before Bledsoe and the Tuna. You know before Bill and Tom? Not everyone here remembers the team getting the shaft in the 76 season. Even fewer (including myself) remember the days of playing at Fenway or on the BU campus.

So to the point. We should APPRECIATE what we have here. ENJOY this team while it is here and realize that it won't always be this way. Tom Fin Brady, Randy Moss, Bill, Big Vince, Wes, Mayo:patriots!....we will not always have this.

Just my two cents...

*SuperBowl Which Will Not Be Named

This is about the 10th tread on this subject. It isn't a lack of interest, per se, it is just that people have said what they are going to say by this point.

Sorry I wasted people's time and energy....back to facebook!

I'm with you, Roach. I didn't read Ras's thread because it was too long, but I agree with his opening post as I do yours. I remember the days of hoping the Pats would win. Each week you would hope for a win, but know a loss was likely so it wasn't so bad when they did lose. The wins were so much sweeter as they were less frequent. We as a fan base have been so fortunate this decade with the Pats. For nearly a decade we have gone from hoping the Pats win to expecting the Pats to win. We find fault with the wins and the losses are devastating. Last season I have tried to revert back to the old school of thought and am trying to continue this season. I know the Pats are a top team, but I try to keep myself hoping for wins, not expecting them. I'm not doing so well with it, though. :thumb:

GO PATS!!! :patriots!

To each his own.

You see RAS as being dead on correct. I see him as being judgemental, condascending, and venemous against the wrong people.

I'd like to think that we'll just agree to disagree, but I'm sure this will spiral off into someone attacking me personally, then me in turn having to defend myself against unjustified attacks.

Aint the internet great?

To each his own.

You see RAS as being dead on correct. I see him as being judgemental, condascending, and venemous against the wrong people.

I'd like to think that we'll just agree to disagree, but I'm sure this will spiral off into someone attacking me personally, then me in turn having to defend myself against unjustified attacks.

Aint the internet great?
GFY:coffee:

I love to stir the pot too dude..ROFL

To each his own.

Aint the internet great?

:4321::coffee:

Back