Batman v Superman - SDCC Trailer

Ras

Prolate Spheriod Fan
Reaction score
Mark it on your calendars - 3/25/2016 -

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0WWzgGyAH6Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I would like be the first man to volunteer to be tied up by that Wonder Woman!

Looks like a great movie, too bad the ruined it with Affleck.

Hey Ras, why are they fighting?

It looks like Wayne Enterprises Metropolis office was destroyed and his (batman's) people were killed during the fight between Superman and General Zod in the Man of Steel.

Oh
ok thanks

It looks like Wayne Enterprises Metropolis office was destroyed and his (batman's) people were killed during the fight between Superman and General Zod in the Man of Steel.

And so they can make millions and millions of dollars.

this is my second most anticipated movie of the next 12 months. Star Wars being number one. 2016 will be the year of the super hero with Xmen Apocalypse, Batman v Superman and Captain America Civil war all coming out. I think Deadpool is in 2016 also.

This looks like it has potential....I'm really hoping it lives up to the hype. I was skeptical of the Affleck choice, but I think maybe he can pull it off.

this is my second most anticipated movie of the next 12 months. Star Wars being number one. 2016 will be the year of the super hero with Xmen Apocalypse, Batman v Superman and Captain America Civil war all coming out. I think Deadpool is in 2016 also.

That's only because Three Games to Glory IV has already been released. :coffee:

This looks like it has potential....I'm really hoping it lives up to the hype. I was skeptical of the Affleck choice, but I think maybe he can pull it off.
I had a feeling Affleck was chosen to portray the angst of Bruce Wayne more than the ass-kicking skills of Batman. Paired with Jeremy Irons as Alfred and there's serious potential for some great acting scenes
Posted via Mobile Device

I still think if they are going to use Affleck as Batman, Matt Damon HAS to be Robin.

I still think if they are going to use Affleck as Batman, Matt Damon HAS to be Robin.

Now you're talking! (Though the next, now impossible step, would be to have Robin Williams as Alfred with those 2.)

If you look at the trailer carefully, you are going to see several clues to the movie and what is in store -

1. Yes, Bruce Wayne was in Metropolis when his building collapsed due to the fight with Zod and Superman. Therefore the basis of his hatred for Superman.

2. Zod's body and the Kryptonite was recovered by Lex Luthor, who somehow either clones Superman or has physical control of him. (Why would Superman bow in front of him).

3. Ben Affleck's portrayal of Batman/Bruce Wayne is more fitting to the Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Return's character and the suit is a direct connection to that.

4. Did you catch the Joker's message on Robin's outfit. This movie supposedly takes place after the "Death in the Family" storyline and Robin (Jason Todd) was killed by the Clown Prince.

5. It is being speculated that the message Bruce Wayne received was sent by Jason Todd as the Red Hood. Some say it was sent by the Joker, but the Red Hood angle is more plausible.

6. Zod's body being recovered by Lex Luthor may be reanimated by Luthor but only to turn into the Doomsday beast. Not understanding Kryptonian physiology may do that.

I'm not sure what role Wonder Woman plays here or how she becomes involved in all of this. Maybe there will be some clues in a second trailer.

Whatever the outcome of this movie, this will eventually lead into another Batman movie with either the Joker or Red Hood, the rumored Justice League movie, a third Superman movie or all three. It appears for now, DC has decided to a "darker" road with these characters to distance itself from the Burton/Schumacher/Donner films.

IMDB lists Aquaman and the Flash as being in this movie.

Didn't see them in the trailer.

If you look at the trailer carefully, you are going to see several clues to the movie and what is in store -

1. Yes, Bruce Wayne was in Metropolis when his building collapsed due to the fight with Zod and Superman. Therefore the basis of his hatred for Superman.

2. Zod's body and the Kryptonite was recovered by Lex Luthor, who somehow either clones Superman or has physical control of him. (Why would Superman bow in front of him).

3. Ben Affleck's portrayal of Batman/Bruce Wayne is more fitting to the Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Return's character and the suit is a direct connection to that.

4. Did you catch the Joker's message on Robin's outfit. This movie supposedly takes place after the "Death in the Family" storyline and Robin (Jason Todd) was killed by the Clown Prince.

5. It is being speculated that the message Bruce Wayne received was sent by Jason Todd as the Red Hood. Some say it was sent by the Joker, but the Red Hood angle is more plausible.

6. Zod's body being recovered by Lex Luthor may be reanimated by Luthor but only to turn into the Doomsday beast. Not understanding Kryptonian physiology may do that.

I'm not sure what role Wonder Woman plays here or how she becomes involved in all of this. Maybe there will be some clues in a second trailer.

Whatever the outcome of this movie, this will eventually lead into another Batman movie with either the Joker or Red Hood, the rumored Justice League movie, a third Superman movie or all three. It appears for now, DC has decided to a "darker" road with these characters to distance itself from the Burton/Schumacher/Donner films.

As much as I was not excited about Affleck being Bruce Wayne/Batman after seeing that trailer I'm pretty excited that it looks like he's nailed the pissed off mad Batman/Bruce Wayne better than any before him.

I have a lot of mixed feelings about this movie. FINALLY, after 74 years, we get to see a live-action Wonder Woman! I just shudder to think what they'll do with her, as very few seem to 'get' her in the spirit of her creator, William Moulton Marston. She is a peacemaker first and warrior second, though lately DC has been emphasizing the warrior part and forgetting the diplomat.

Going dark could be a mistake. Dark is good for Batman, not for Superman. A lot of fans disliked <i>Man Of Steel</i> because of the darkness and it didn't create the buzz in fandom that <i>The Avengers</i> did or even the Nolanverse Bat-trilogy.

I'll go and see it but with few expectations.

I have a lot of mixed feelings about this movie. FINALLY, after 74 years, we get to see a live-action Wonder Woman! I just shudder to think what they'll do with her, as very few seem to 'get' her in the spirit of her creator, William Moulton Marston. She is a peacemaker first and warrior second, though lately DC has been emphasizing the warrior part and forgetting the diplomat.

Going dark could be a mistake. Dark is good for Batman, not for Superman. A lot of fans disliked <i>Man Of Steel</i> because of the darkness and it didn't create the buzz in fandom that <i>The Avengers</i> did or even the Nolanverse Bat-trilogy.

I'll go and see it but with few expectations.
How was the Man of Steel any more dark than the Nolan Batman movies? Superman being an all powerful auto-win and always-right character is boring IMO. I'm not expecting much from the movie, it'll probably be convoluted and have too many unnecessary heroes/villains/side tales like the second Batman/second Avengers.

That's the whole point. MOS was in many ways as dark as the Nolanverse movies. Superman shouldn't be as dark as the Bat-movies. He's a symbol of hope, not despair. That's Batman's thing.

And I'll have to disagree about Superman being boring. A man with his power learning NOT to become a dictator and stay connected to humanity is very interesting. If Superman used his power to rule humanity, that would be boring. Seeing how he doesn't makes his story an interesting one.

Back