Batman VS Superman: Dawn of Justice

Annihilus

Zen Powered by Death Buddhists
Reaction score
Any of you nerds go see it yet? Here's my 2 cents

Saw an early matinee. I thought it was good, not great. And the problems I had with the movie aren't the problems I was anticipating. I'd probably give it 6/10.

I love Cavill's Superman.
I actually really liked Affleck as Bats. Yeah, I know. Shocked the hell out of me too.
Wonder Woman was fantastic (echoing pretty much what everyone else has been saying).
I thought the last half of the movie was very good, approaching excellent.
The story was good, pretty much as expected.

About halfway through the movie I was about ready to throw in the towel and admit that it sucked...because at that point it was a hot, disjointed mess, in my opinion. Too many cuts and short scenes and confusion. I thought the first half was overall just not very good (at best). Was that the Flash in the early dream sequence? I couldn't tell and have no idea what he was saying to Bruce Wayne. shit like that bugs the hell out of me.

But then when they actually got into it, things picked up and by the end I was satisfied and I'm thinking that their next time out is going to be a lot better. Unless they are complete idiots, they'll learn what not to do for the JLA and other solo movies. I think this movie might've been overly ambitious....and perhaps all that cut footage that will be on the uncut DVD will make the whole production feel a lot less fragmented.

Wonder Woman was the best part of the movie, in my opinion.

I saw the movie yesterday at a matinee. I think they have the projector set at too dark of an image. I was really disappointed with the first half also. But the second half you're right was better. I was really frustrated with the visuals being too dark in the beginning and my eye strain was so bad for the 3D that I fell asleep for 15 minutes. How the f*** does anybody fall asleep in a action packed movie should tell you a lot. I saw Cloverfield Lane the day before and that was by far way better. I guess Superman versus Batman about a 6 also.... Cloverfield Lane I give it about a 8.8 8.9.

I didn't like it at all. If your going to do a 2 1/2 hour movie. You have to keep people interested . Just way of many boring scenes. The worst was the person sorry can't think of his name. That played Lex Luther. Affleck did a good not great job being batman. (Kilmer & clooney still two worst batman's of all time )

Saw it today and enjoyed it. Put me down for a 7.

Had the family watch Man of Steel the night before, so that kinda helped with the continuity.

Thought Affleck was good as Batman. I actually got a little sad seeing his face drop during the interview he did that came out before. The one with Sound of Silence dubbed in.

Supes is good. Very good. And I like Amy Adams in just about anything.

King is right tho. Whoever cast Eisenberg (spelling) as Lex Luther should be out of a job today. I want my villains to be villainous, not just annoying.

Wonder Woman. ZOWIE.

Not a bad way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Looking forward to some of the rest of the summer offerings this year.

I just got back from the movie. I liked it. I'm with everyone else. This a tale of two half's. The first half was confusing and disjointed. I like the theme and message they were trying to work with in the first half but they did a bad job at conveying it.

Your right first half had me yawning & bored. While they were trying to set up the storyline for the last hour of the film. I hope they do a lot better job with the storyline & pace on the movie. In the sequel.

Meh

First half, they had to show how tormented the heroes were and justify their fighting each other. I would have found all the CGI action scenes empty without setting the characters, but would have preferred a more plausible set up. The notion of the two central DC characters fighting one another is interesting, but setting it up was torturous.

The US government was portrayed as harassing heroes and enabling villains. I'm kind of sick of the theme of portraying the government as incompetent and counterproductive. I mean, the decision to back the obviously crazy Lex against Superman??? Plausibility zero.

Over the years we've had some memorable portrayals of The Joker. Seemed to me this is working so well for the studio that they played The Joker again but called him Lex Luther. I thought the actor gave a decent Joker performance, but not up to the standards of prior Jokers. After the more nuanced Lex of the Smallville TV series, I was vastly disappointed.

They spent so much time building the characters of the two male leads to have no time left for Wonder Woman. What they did was intriguing. A sane focused superhero character? Quite a change of pace. Hopefully they can do more with her in future movies.

4615662-67b68acddeeb8640773b39217940bb9b.jpg

:coffee:

There no real spoilers in this movie. If you know the storyline behind the big fight in the movie. As soon as I saw the set up for it. I knew what was going to happen .

This is awesome. ROFL

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cwXfv25xJUw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is awesome. ROFL

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cwXfv25xJUw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LMAO, fantastic

Now I really want to know what Cavill said there lol

First half could be typical Snyder where so much of the movie needed to be cut that the theatrical version is meh. For reference, watch the theatrical and directors cut versions of Watchmen.

Will be interesting if a longer cut is released on Blu-ray.

Agree it was a good movie with some story and pacing issues but overall a success. Affleck was most definitely not a problem which probably surprised many.

First half could be typical Snyder where so much of the movie needed to be cut that the theatrical version is meh. For reference, watch the theatrical and directors cut versions of Watchmen.

Will be interesting if a longer cut is released on Blu-ray.

Agree it was a good movie with some story and pacing issues but overall a success. Affleck was most definitely not a problem which probably surprised many.

The one to get will be the R-Rated extended cut, which restores 30 or more minutes to the theatrical version. They'll release a standard PG-13 version too, from what I've heard. I very much look forward to the extended version and expect results like the ones you mentioned regarding Watchmen.

On the one hand it sucks that studios force directors to release only part of their work because of concerns about impact on audiences if the run time is 3 hours.

On the other hand, I wish people like Snyder would learn to make a ****ing movie fit within the expected theatrical release run time instead of knowingly filming too much story. The theatrical version of Watchmen was actually shit compared to the full version because of how many important and context building scenes were cut.

I respect directors like Nolan who stick to budget and deadlines AND don't screw over the theatrical experience for moviegoers by forcing them to see 75% of the movie.

/rant

Overall I thought the movie was okay. When it was good, it was REALLY good but all of that was offset by a lot of stuff that just didn't need to be in there. Did we really need to rehash how Bruce Wayne became Batman again? I don't get the hate for Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. I thought he was perfect for the role. I mean has everyone forgotten about Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor? They have never really made Lex Luthor out to be some tough guy. Just some really smart guy who is completely off his rocker.

Spoiler

The set up in the first half of the movie was not just setting up a fight between Batman and Superman but it was tasked with setting up what is coming way down the line. This is the difference between DC and Marvel. Instead of just giving you a little quip in post scene credits DC gave huge hints in Batman's dream and tied it into making people think it's just Batman's paranoia about Superman. Yes I believe that was Flash in Batman's dream. Also in that dream is Darkseid's Omega symbol when Batman is looking over the landscape as well has his Parademons being tied in with Superman's soldiers. Flash is really the only one that has the ability to time travel so his warning was from the future not from the current events happening in his world. There was an arc that had Superman under mind control by Darkseid. If the Justice League can't defeat a Superman led Darkseid army in the coming movies you will see that scene again from a different angle.

I'll admit I've always been a DC guy and I loved the movie including the build up showing how both basically figure out who the other is.

Back