BB HC Watch

That wasn't McD. That was Allen's rock for brains decisions. Joe Brady called the perfect game and Josh went into full retard mode in the 4th.

100% disagree.

I saw some analysis yesterday that Romo's commentary on that throw to the endzone really colored how a lot of people looked at that decision. But Shakir was open, and that's a TD if Chris Jones gets there a quarter second later.

And Chris Jones did get there - so it would have impacted the throw to Diggs, also.

It's kind of funny hearing people talk about how the Bills should have just picked up small chunks of yards and only scored a TD with little time left on the clock - as though that's some sort of script that would just play out perfectly. Allen had the play to take the lead in the game, and went for it. It wasn't dumb, or hero ball. It was a QB throwing to a guy wide open in the EZ.

100% disagree.

I saw some analysis yesterday that Romo's commentary on that throw to the endzone really colored how a lot of people looked at that decision. But Shakir was open, and that's a TD if Chris Jones gets there a quarter second later.

And Chris Jones did get there - so it would have impacted the throw to Diggs, also.

It's kind of funny hearing people talk about how the Bills should have just picked up small chunks of yards and only scored a TD with little time left on the clock - as though that's some sort of script that would just play out perfectly. Allen had the play to take the lead in the game, and went for it. It wasn't dumb, or hero ball. It was a QB throwing to a guy wide open in the EZ.

But he clearly wasn't wide open?

100% disagree.

Allen's LAST thought in that situation should have been to chuck in to the end zone with 2 minutes left down 3. If they score there then Mahomes has 1:50 with 2 timeouts to come down the field and score.

They showed the replay several times on that play and Diggs was running wide open across the middle well before Jones gets near Allen. Romo pointed out in the broadcast. You can see Allen look right him and then move his eyes to the receiver in the end zone. He was playing hero ball at the worst possible time.

Of course the Bills should have picked up small chunks of yards in that situation. That is called situational football. Given the score, time left on the clock, and the chance to go to the AFCCG, you move that ball down and force KC to burn their timeouts. Remember they were down 3, not 4. Any yardage gotten there helps make it a chip shot for the kicker. To not pick up one yard from the 26 is inexcusable and that falls 100 percent on Allen.

Allen's LAST thought in that situation should have been to chuck in to the end zone with 2 minutes left down 3. If they score there then Mahomes has 1:50 with 2 timeouts to come down the field and score.

They showed the replay several times on that play and Diggs was running wide open across the middle well before Jones gets near Allen. Romo pointed out in the broadcast. You can see Allen look right him and then move his eyes to the receiver in the end zone. He was playing hero ball at the worst possible time.

Of course the Bills should have picked up small chunks of yards in that situation. That is called situational football. Given the score, time left on the clock, and the chance to go to the AFCCG, you move that ball down and force KC to burn their timeouts. Remember they were down 3, not 4. Any yardage gotten there helps make it a chip shot for the kicker. To not pick up one yard from the 26 is inexcusable and that falls 100 percent on Allen.

You're of course entitled to your opinion - but all of this dissection on that play nationally just shows where we are in terms of analyzing games & decisions.

Allen wasn't forcing the ball in between 2 or 3 defenders. I'm of the school of thought that if you see an open TD, you take it. The expectations for any QB to go through all of the analysis that people are presenting here & elsewhere is almost comical. As I said - that's an easy throw & catch if Jones doesn't get there.

You're of course entitled to your opinion - but all of this dissection on that play nationally just shows where we are in terms of analyzing games & decisions.

Allen wasn't forcing the ball in between 2 or 3 defenders. I'm of the school of thought that if you see an open TD, you take it. The expectations for any QB to go through all of the analysis that people are presenting here & elsewhere is almost comical. As I said - that's an easy throw & catch if Jones doesn't get there.

Allen gambled and lost. He tends to love gambling.

If that is the difference between winning and losing, Allen will spend a whole lot of time losing until he gets it.

If that is the difference between winning and losing, Allen will spend a whole lot of time losing until he gets it.

That's fair. I do see him more in that mode. He takes chances - some pay off, some don't. People talk about his turnovers a lot - but not so much about how many TD's he has.

I think he'll spend a whole lot of time losing as long as his team's defense can't make stops in the playoffs, and his coaches keep making head-scratching decisions. Allen carries that team right now, and did again on Sunday.

You don't take it in that situation with Jones bearing down on you with the score and clock situation. Allen was not able to even set his feet and his thought is to chuck it 30 yards and come up short instead of taking the easy crosser to his best receiver who if he hits in stride might score as well. This isn't about analyzation or crazy expectations. We watched the best QB to ever do it for 20 years. Allen has been making these bone headed mistakes his entire career. He just can't seem to get the rocks out of his brain and this time it cost his team a chance at the AFC title game.

You don't take it in that situation with Jones bearing down on you with the score and clock situation. Allen was not able to even set his feet and his thought is to chuck it 30 yards and come up short instead of taking the easy crosser to his best receiver who if he hits in stride might score as well. This isn't about analyzation or crazy expectations. We watched the best QB to ever do it for 20 years. Allen has been making these bone headed mistakes his entire career. He just can't seem to get the rocks out of his brain and this time it cost his team a chance at the AFC title game.

Agree to disagree. I don't disrespect your opinion, and it's in line w/ the national narrative on Allen.

I'm a fan of his game, and think he does everything for that team. I can't name another Bill that made a play on Sunday.

The fact that you did watch the best to ever do it does make the POV a little unrealistic for other QB's. Brady was a computer. Never seen anyone who could make decisions so well, so quickly, and so correctly. Montana was kind of close, but there was no one like TB in that regard.

Dear Roberto71,

After a while, the monotonous repetitive tones you hear may remind you of the melodic sounds of Gregorian Chants

soothing ---- yet so frickin' annoying that may want to end your life

You're welcome:)

RG
Good analogy!

You take the wide open TD when you have it. You never know what is going to happen.

At the time, most people thought that Hightower's tackle on Marshawn was a negative play for the Pats because of the clock.

Agree to disagree. I don't disrespect your opinion, and it's in line w/ the national narrative on Allen.

I'm a fan of his game, and think he does everything for that team. I can't name another Bill that made a play on Sunday.

The fact that you did watch the best to ever do it does make the POV a little unrealistic for other QB's. Brady was a computer. Never seen anyone who could make decisions so well, so quickly, and so correctly. Montana was kind of close, but there was no one like TB in that regard.
If you look back on my posting history, you won't find a bigger supporter of Allen than me. Just ask Tommy who always ribs me about it. I think Allen is the best QB in the league talent-wise and it's not even close. He can match Mahomes arm talent and is better athlete/runner. There is just something that gets lost between the ears. It is a shame as I really love Joe Brady as well. I wanted him as our OC when Josh left. He called a brilliant game IMO. Allen just can't seem to slow things down when the situation calls for it the most.

You take the wide open TD when you have it. You never know what is going to happen.

At the time, most people thought that Hightower's tackle on Marshawn was a negative play for the Pats because of the clock.
I am fine with that if his first read was covered. It wasn't. He had Diggs streaking across the middle more open than the guy in the end zone AND he had Jones bearing down on him to boot.

If you look back on my posting history, you won't find a bigger supporter of Allen than me. Just ask Tommy who always ribs me about it. I think Allen is the best QB in the league talent-wise and it's not even close. He can match Mahomes arm talent and is better athlete/runner. There is just something that gets lost between the ears. It is a shame as I really love Joe Brady as well. I wanted him as our OC when Josh left. He called a brilliant game IMO. Allen just can't seem to slow things down when the situation calls for it the most.
<<throws flag>> "Illegal Use of Women's Intuition Making This Post. #22 Offence."

Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL at this point in time (while I agree to Allen being a close 2nd)

Mahomes has the arm talent and brains to allow his athletic legs to better use as a runner than being a QB w/ a FB's mentality -- like Allen

just because Mahomes' waddles when he walks and doesn't have a more sculpted, firm bum like Allen -- don't let this cloud your judgement

we know where you coming from :)

And if he wants to retain Rich McKay and Terry Fontenot. I've heard this 2nd interview is basically Blank and Belichick interviewing these two about why they should keep their jobs.
So Belichick is interviewing the existing CEO and GM of the Falcons to see if they should keep their jobs? Lol, you guys.

You can't interview a coordinator during the playoffs for a coordinator job. But you can for a HC.

Maybe Brady would be interested in an OC/Asst. head coach job in Atlanta. Nice to see Bill getting away from McDaniels tbh.
Wait, so Bill is already deciding who the Falcons should interview for OC? The Brady interview for HC is just a ruse plotted by Bill to get an OC interview? Will Bill be attending this interview of Brady for HC/OC? LMFAO

That's why I think belichick would get along fine with Allen as long as Allen takes coaching. It's all Josh needs, some solid coaching.

Back