Best organized Pats' tailgate?

TheEnglishGuy

Reaction score
Hi all. As you can probably tell by username, I'm an English guy and huge NFL fan, currently researching trips to the US to take in some games and have an authentic experience. One of the best things you have that we don't have in the UK is tailgates. I don't know why we don't, as several hours' drinking and eating before a game, while occasionally throwing a football around, is as close to heaven as I can imagine. I guess our parking lots aren't big enough.:huh:

Anyway, I wondered if there was anyone here who could point me in the direction of a fan group or individual who regularly puts on amazing tailgates at Foxboro to help with my planning? I know some teams have supporters' clubs who meet up and charge everyone a set amount for the food/drink, so something like that may be best, but I'm open to any suggestions and any pointers would be appreciated. I also know that Pats' fans are among the best tailgaters so Gillette Stadium really should be on the list for anyone like me coming from the UK to take in a game or two.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

:Lwelcome:

There's a large fan club in the UK that makes an annual trip to Foxboro. You should check in with them, see when their next planned trip will be and get advice from other Brits on the travel and arrangements.

There's a large fan club in the UK that makes an annual trip to Foxboro. You should check in with them, see when their next planned trip will be and get advice from other Brits on the travel and arrangements.

Thanks I'll do that - guess I can try to find them on Google.

I figured there may be some posters on here who tailgate and are not averse to having strange Englishmen show up for a beer :toast:

Thanks also for the welcome - suppose Brits aren't really a novelty when it comes to supporting New England!

I figured there may be some posters on here who tailgate and are not averse to having strange Englishmen show up for a beer :toast:

Indeed there are. I would also suggest that you check back near the game date (once you have one) and you'll almost surely get a serious and positive response.

PS: I would ask "Who's got the best food and beverages?" not "Who's organized?". BTJM

Cheers, BostonTim

Indeed there are. I would also suggest that you check back near the game date (once you have one) and you'll almost surely get a serious and positive response.

PS: I would ask "Who's got the best food and beverages?" not "Who's organized?". BTJM

Cheers, BostonTim

If you've ever eaten in England then "Who has the best food" could be the dude at the pub with eggs in a jar that have been there since The Great War. :coffee:

If you've ever eaten in England then "Who has the best food" could be the dude at the pub with eggs in a jar that have been there since The Great War. :coffee:

That very well may be true, even if I hadn't eaten in England. :coffee:

Cheers

Oh, yay! Another Brit!

:coffee:

Lwelcome:

To be fair, most of my fellow countrymen are OK and you shouldn't judge them by my low standards.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Grits. That is all.

Thanks I'll do that - guess I can try to find them on Google.

Thanks also for the welcome - suppose Brits aren't really a novelty when it comes to supporting New England!

Hardly, although the number of UK Pats fans went through the roof in the early 2000s. When I was growing up in Bolton in the 80s, my best mate and next door neighbour was the only Pats fan I knew. Oddly, there were plenty of Dolphins, Raiders, Redskins fans etc. Where are you from, BTW? I live in South London.

Grits. That is all.

This be New England, not Deep South.
You'd be hard pressed to find a store/restaurant that sells/serves them, and most folks in these parts (including me) have never even tried 'em.

Hardly, although the number of UK Pats fans went through the roof in the early 2000s. When I was growing up in Bolton in the 80s, my best mate and next door neighbour was the only Pats fan I knew. Oddly, there were plenty of Dolphins, Raiders, Redskins fans etc. Where are you from, BTW? I live in South London.

I'm in West Sussex, so not a million miles away.

I'm in West Sussex, so not a million miles away.

Cool. Welcome to the Planet. It's the least serious of the boards out there and they've put up with my nonsense for years. Expect jokes about teeth and food, and so on. It's a fun place, though, and arseholes get dispatched brutally.

Are you involved in the British League at all?

This be New England, not Deep South.
You'd be hard pressed to find a store/restaurant that sells/serves them, and most folks in these parts (including me) have never even tried 'em.

Meh. Same difference, poke stick. I've so far avoided grits on 3 trips to the US. However, Mrs Cat's friend and family recently moved to Charlotte, so it will no doubt be inflicted on us.

Cheers, BostonTim

Tim has probably got the best idea.

I'm currently not a season ticket holder, but am working on getting at least a share for next season and would be glad to host a UK fan or a few of them, but at this point I can't be sure what games I'll have.

Please do check back later, because I can flat-out cook, love good beer and haven't had a chance to apologize to any of our former Overlords for the Revolutionary War recently.

:bow:

Cool. Welcome to the Planet. It's the least serious of the boards out there and they've put up with my nonsense for years. Expect jokes about teeth and food, and so on. It's a fun place, though, and arseholes get dispatched brutally.

Are you involved in the British League at all?

Not at all mate - support firmly rooted in the American one!

The adding of cheese and shrimp to grits makes them passable - otherwise they're essentially unseasoned porridge. Don't they have Cracker Barrels in New England? Sausage, biscuits and gravy are the bomb.

Back