Got 6? YUP
Reaction score
So since everyone is all over the GOAT talk, rank your top 5 of all time:

1.) Tom Brady
2.) Joe Montana
3.) John Elway
4.) Peyton Manning
5.) Brett Favre

(I left off the guys who played back in the Jurassic era)

1)TFB
2)Montana
3)Unitas
4)Manning
5)Marino

Mine is different
#1 brady
#2 Montana
#3 unitas
#4 Elway
#5 Favre

So since everyone is all over the GOAT talk, rank your top 5 of all time:

1.) Tom Brady
2.) Joe Montana
3.) John Elway
4.) Peyton Manning
5.) Brett Favre

(I left off the guys who played back in the Jurassic era)

Mine is different
#1 brady
#2 Montana
#3 unitas
#4 Elway
#5 Favre

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't understand the Elway hype at all. He played in an era where the AFC was the little sister and that allowed him to get to 3 SB's where his teams got destroyed, his numbers weren't all that great even when compared to the other great passers of that era. He got lucky that Davis showed up and he was able to ride him to 2 SB's at the end of his career. I'll give him credit for being a tough SOB and playing a really long time, but a top 5 QB ever? I don't see it.

1. Brady
2. Montana
3. Elway
4. Unitas
5. Manning (Super Bowl tie breaker over Marino)

Favre doesn't crack my top 10.

1.Brady
2.Montana
3.Bradshaw
4.Elway
5.Aikman

To me Favre is a slightly more successful version of Drew Bledsoe. Pretty good, but not great.

I think it makes sense to rank guys from the 80s forward and the 70s backward. The TD to Int ratios of guys before the rules changes would get them sent to Canada today.

1. Brady - done more (4-2 IS better than 4-0) played with offensive teammates who where not close to Montana's.

2. Montana - To make the list you need numbers, but winning is one of the factors and that's what puts him above Marino

3. Marino - Yes he never won a Super Bowl and his playoff record was not awesome, but let me ask you this. If Marino were not the QB in Miami how would those teams have fared? He carried an otherwise pedestrian bunch and extended Schula's career by a decade after the game passed him by.

4. Manning - Had better support than Marino, but otherwise almost the same career.

5. Elway - I could be convinced to knock him off the list because I don't think he's all that amazing but I don't really like any of the other choices.

It's hard for me to look at the pre-80s guys. I remember the 70s but not the 60s (I was 6 in 1970)

I think Staubach deserves to be in there somewhere. He was like watching Russell Wilson..."how the EFF did he get away from THAT????"

I'll have to think about this question for a moment...

But, regarding John Elway, he passed the 'eye' test for me. It's just that, as a Patriot's fan, whenever they faced Elway, it was like "Oh jeez, that mother is going to beat us again, I just know it". And he would. And this is when the Pats had some halfway decent teams.

If you look at his stats, yes, he had alot of interceptions, compared to his touchdown passes. But, he was a winner.

Going with the Qb's since the 1980's? I guess

Brady
Montana
Elway
Marino
Manning

(honorable mention: Steve Young, Brett Favre, Jim Kelly). Randall Cunningham had a couple of really good seasons.

1. Brady
2. Montana
3. Staubach
4/5. Favre/Elway

honorable mention- Jim Kelly, the Forehead, Cocaine Dan.

Fvck Steve Young. I'd put Joe Thiesman ahead of him based on spite alone.

I know Aikman won 3 rings, but I personally think a monkey could have won with those Dallas teams.

Same thing with Bradshaw and the Steel Curtain

I'll do a top ten instead of just 5.

1. Montana (Sorry I can never put anyone ahead of Montana. Just my personal preference.)
2. Brady (If not for my personal man crush on Montana he would be #1)
3. Favre ( I know you all hate him but he overcame a lot and was damn fun to watch the way he played the game.)
4. Elway (begrudgingly)
5. Kelly (Even though a former Hurricane he could sling it)
6. Moon
7. Steve Young (no better QB combining legs and arms during his time)
8. Unitas (Dad said he was great)
9. Bart Starr (because I did a book report 2 years in a row on him. Second year was easy as I had all my note cards already ROFL )
10. Marino (no ring crybaby)

I'll go ahead do a number 11

11. Manning (He does have 2 super bowl rings)

I'll do a top ten instead of just 5.

1. Montana (Sorry I can never put anyone ahead of Montana. Just my personal preference.)
2. Brady (If not for my personal man crush on Montana he would be #1)
3. Favre ( I know you all hate him but he overcame a lot and was damn fun to watch the way he played the game.)
4. Elway (begrudgingly)
5. Kelly (Even though a former Hurricane he could sling it)
6. Moon
7. Steve Young (no better QB combining legs and arms during his time)
8. Unitas (Dad said he was great)
9. Bart Starr (because I did a book report 2 years in a row on him. Second year was easy as I had all my note cards already ROFL )
10. Marino (no ring crybaby)

I'll go ahead do a number 11

11. Manning (He does have 2 super bowl rings)

no, he only has one...I know what you did here

Back