Bill signed a 'Lucrative, multi-year' deal this past offseason

Roberto71

Reaction score
This could make things very awkward.

Patriots Rumors: Bill Belichick 'Quietly Agreed to a Lucrative Multi-Year' Contract​

JOSEPH ZUCKEROCTOBER 22, 2023

Foxborough, MA - September 17: New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick walks the sidelines in the first half. The Patriots lost to the Miami Dolphins, 24-17. (Photo by Matthew J. Lee/The Boston Globe via Getty Images)

Matthew J. Lee/The Boston Globe via Getty Images
New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick "quietly agreed" to a multiyear extension with the team this past offseason, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

This report comes days after The MMQB's Albert Breer said on The Herd with Colin Cowherd that team owner Robert Kraft has discussed the direction in which the franchise would go once Belichick moves on. Breer followed up on The Rich Eisen Show to clarify that doesn't mean any coaching change is imminent.

It's awkward if things really continue fo go pear-shaped and the Krafts decide they want to move on. It would require a massive pay-off. The Krafts, nor any fan would have expected things to be this bad at this stage of the season,

It's awkward if things really continue fo go pear-shaped and the Krafts decide they want to move on. It would require a massive pay-off. The Krafts, nor any fan would have expected things to be this bad at this stage of the season,
That doesn't make it awkward. It simply means a change in direction has been decided upon. Happens all the time in the NFL. It's only "awkward" because Breer wants it to be. Somehow that gets him some clicks. Why you want it to be I have no idea.

I haven't read the contract so I don't know the terms or the buy out provisions.
But look at the bright side. Those who watch, listen, or read sports media will have all that time to fill in speculation.
As Bills contract does not effect the salary cap, I don't really care about it.

Wh
That doesn't make it awkward. It simply means a change in direction has been decided upon. Happens all the time in the NFL. It's only "awkward" because Breer wants it to be. Somehow that gets him some clicks. Why you want it to be I have no idea.

Why would I want it to be? Where did I say I want it to be? 🤷‍♂️

per Rappaport; [...]"sources say"....[...]

so if factual, The Boston Globe, who has numerous columnists/opinionering editorialists/sports reporters just wearing themselves out :jerkit::jerkit::jerkit: with absolute glee over the Patriots lose-lose-lose-losing season to date must be looking to :suicide: their "brains" out now

to which I say :cute::clap::image:

boston globe22.jpg

He needs to step down as GM. Kraft not allow him to buy the groceries anymore. He can continue ignoring the issue. All based off past accomplishments.
This is a good point. What was his contract extension for?

The thing to take note of that as of last off-season, Kraft liked Bill's work enough for a big contract. So that is the starting point.

Any talk of Kraft being upset about LAST year is therefore incorrect. The Clock of Discontent™ over BB starts with this season.

Fans want wins this year
Media wants clicks
Kraft wants a successful business.

He didn't make billions by making huge changes based on a small sample size. Some of us think BB might have been going downhill for years. Kraft obviously does not, based on him big contract. (I don't kow the numbers but I know recent HC contracts have been in the $10mil a year range, and this was called out as "lucrative." SO BIG $$$)

Kraft is simply not going to upend his recent decision based on one season..

Breer, Giardi, and the other media types are just doing their jobs. They need clicks and controversy is the best way,

Most fans bithch at losing but do not suddenly become fans of other teams. Well, at least one here became a Bucs fan and now loves the Bills, but far and away the money will continue to roll in to Kraft's pockets, and he knows that..

I doubt Kraft is happy with this season, why would he be? But he's a businessman looking to the future rather than the next shiny object. What is his view of the future? Just remember that a few months ago Kraft loved BB (Money talks). That isn't going to change in a season.

Also, Mrs. Spacecrime is frequently unhappy with me, and sometimes vice versa, but overall we are good for each other and know it and we're not looking for a quick change. Short term patience, long term happiness.

My 2¢

(For you young whippersnappers, ¢ means cents. It used to be SHIFT 6 on typewriters, but on computer keybords is now a freestanding circumflex, a key I have NEVER used.)

Last edited:
This could make things very awkward.
BB and Krafty both know that Mac ain’t the guy. They’re both all in on the tank.

As long as BB get the team corrected for the future, that’s all that matters.

Should BB get more help in picking the right players? Yes. That should be Krafty’s main concern.

I think that Krafty wants the Pats to tank. A real rebuild IS needed. It wouldn’t surprise me if he suggested that BB tank this year.

(For you young whippersnappers, ¢ means cents. It used to be SHIFT 6 on typewriters, but on computer keybords is now a freestanding circumflex, a key I have NEVER used.)
You've never had to designate/code a exponent?

pretty sure the team leaking this NOW is a sign he's here for at least next year.

Through '24 and possibly '25. It shows me they are in perfect alignment together toward a common goal. If there were ever a time for RKK to pull back it would have been
after the Patricia debacle last year. But he didn't do that and instead renewed their pact together.

Good post, SC.
The thing to take note of that as of last off-season, Kraft liked Bill's work enough for a big contract. So that is the starting point.

Any talk of Kraft being upset about LAST year is therefore incorrect. The Clock of Discontent™ over BB starts with this season.
I haven't heard any discontent from anyone who would know, fwiw.
Fans want wins this year
Media wants clicks
Kraft wants a successful business.

He didn't make billions by making huge changes based on a small sample size. Some of us think BB might have been going downhill for years. Kraft obviously does not, based on him big contract. (I don't kow the numbers but I know recent HC contracts have been in the $10mil a year range, and this was called out as "lucrative." SO BIG $$$)
$20M is more accurate and $25M isn't out of the question.
Kraft is simply not going to upend his recent decision based on one season..

Breer, Giardi, and the other media types are just doing their jobs. They need clicks and controversy is the best way,
Pure speculation and muckraking from journalists trying to save their careers.

Most fans bithch at losing but do not suddenly become fans of other teams. Well, at least one here became a Bucs fan and now loves the Bills, but far and away the money will continue to roll in to Kraft's pockets, and he knows that..

I doubt Kraft is happy with this season, why would he be? But he's a businessman looking to the future rather than the next shiny object. What is his view of the future? Just remember that a few months ago Kraft loved BB (Money talks). That isn't going to change in a season.
No one is happy with season. BB is frustrated & the Krafts are frustrated. That doesn't mean they are frustrated with each other. That doesn't mean they see BB is the problem. The injury situation alone is enough to cause the team not to perform well.
Also, Mrs. Spacecrime is frequently unhappy with me, and sometimes vice versa, but overall we are good for each other and know it and we're not looking for a quick change. Short term patience, long term happiness.

My 2¢

BB and Krafty both know that Mac ain’t the guy.
They’re both all in on the tank.

As long as BB get the team corrected for the future, that’s all that matters.

Should BB get more help in picking the right players? Yes. That should be Krafty’s main concern.
There's not a shred of real evidence that says either is true. I've asked around and no one has indicated even the smallest bit of discord between the Krafts and BB or BB and Mac Jones.
That's speculation on your part.

He got that help last year and last year's draft was very good.

Many of us do not see that happening. Fortunately The owner and the coach seem to be of much more solid ground than you want to believe.

Back