BJGE is the real deal!

Neither do I. I hope the Pats can get a legit running back for next season. I don't think anyone seriously thinks the Steelers (or any other team, for that matter) is worried about BJGE beating them.
I think they do. Fans get excited only about big runs. Defenses are concerned about 5 yard gains repeatedly.

IF BJGE has the ball, and the D is cheating to play the pass, then BJGE rips off a five or ten yarder because he is hard to tackle. He almost always needs two defenders to take him down and he almost always gets two yards more after he "should" have been downed.

That's how a work-horse banger beats you.

That's what makes play action work.

I didn't think BJGE would make the team, but watching defenses stack the box and watching how play action works for the first time in 3-4 years, I am really impressed with him.

It takes a paradigm switch to appreciate him, and FF players may never accept him. No fantasy football points, no ESPN top 10 play highlights, just solid make-the-defense-play-honest running.

I think they do. Fans get excited only about big runs. Defenses are concerned about 5 yard gains repeatedly.

IF BJGE has the ball, and the D is cheating to play the pass, then BJGE rips off a five or ten yarder because he is hard to tackle. He almost always needs two defenders to take him down and he almost always gets two yards more after he "should" have been downed.

I didn't think BJGE would make the team, but watching defenses stack the box and watching how play action works for the first time in 3-4 years, I am really impressed with him.

It takes a paradigm switch to appreciate him, and FF players may never accept him. No fantasy football points, no ESPN top 10 play highlights, just solid make-the-defense-play-honest running.

Exactly.

Always positive yardage.

I wouldn't mind going with him as the lead horse in the stable for next year either.

Though I would love to see a 240+ thumpah, specifically for red-zone TD's.:thumb:

He almost always needs two defenders to take him down and he almost always gets two yards more after he "should" have been downed.

We have radically different ideas then of when he "should" have gone down then, because I rarely think he gets any more than what the blocking got him.

Correct. And this is why BJGE ranks so high in DVOA and VAR in spite of seemingly pedestrian statistics and looking "boring" on the field.
Posted via Mobile Device

We have radically different ideas then of when he "should" have gone down then, because I rarely think he gets any more than what the blocking got him.

Then how do you justify the meteoric rise in numbers as to when Maroney was in there?

If it was the blocking then Maroney would have had decent numbers.

Then how do you justify the meteoric rise in numbers as to when Maroney was in there?

If it was the blocking then Maroney would have had decent numbers.

I don't think Maroney got on the field this season for the Pats, but in his past 4 seasons (including his rather subpar last year), he averaged 4.18 yards / per carry. This is similar to what BJGE is averaging this season, 4.21 yards / carry.

Now I don't know what really caused the downturn in Maroney, but that's a separate issue from what I think of BJGE. I think as soon as they get a decent back, he'll be back on the bench (like he was when Maroney was here).

No argument that Maroney is sucking big time in Denver this year though, with 2.1 yards / carry.

Back