Black Monday Thread

Mazz22

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies.
Reaction score
Figured we can put all the firings here and discuss.

So far we have:

Rex Ryan (and his brother) gone
Kubiak is retiring (also heard that Phillips may become DC in Miami)
Jags fired Bradley
Rams fired Fisher
Niners fired Kelly and GM
Chargers fired McCoy

Many are watching the Colts today to see if Pags and/or Grigs are gone.

Please God, let Jay Gruden be added to this list.

Sean Payton's record the last 3 years with a QB---> 7-9, 7-9, 7-9.

Seems perfect for the Rams to me. :coffee:

So why do they want to talk to both of our coordinators? :popcorn:

Sean Payton's record the last 3 years with a QB---> 7-9, 7-9, 7-9.

Seems perfect for the Rams to me. :coffee:

So why do they want to talk to both of our coordinators? :popcorn:

They want Jimmy too.

They want Jimmy too.
The Broncos needs a coach and a QB.

The Saints needs to hit the reset button.

Does this make sense:

• Sean Payton and Drew Brees to Denver
  • Denver sends some combination of draft picks and players to the Saints
  • Saints sends some combination of draft picks and players to New England for McDaniels and Garoppolo

The Broncos needs a coach and a QB.

The Saints needs to hit the reset button.

Does this make sense:

• Sean Payton and Drew Brees to Denver
  • Denver sends some combination of draft picks and players to the Saints
  • Saints sends some combination of draft picks and players to New England for McDaniels and Garoppolo
Makes sense except I am not sure if Elway wants another aging QB. There is some scuttle that Kubiak is retiring not just because of his health but because Elway was going to make him fire some of his coaches and he did not want to. I get the sense that Elway is kind of a bull in a china shop GM. JMO.

Makes sense except I am not sure if Elway wants another aging QB. There is some scuttle that Kubiak is retiring not just because of his health but because Elway was going to make him fire some of his coaches and he did not want to. I get the sense that Elway is kind of a bull in a china shop GM. JMO.
GMs hold a lot of cards over HCs, but I thought HCs got to pick coordinators and asst coaches. I guess it depends of the personality of the GM as to how much power he wants to wield, but that's a good way to not get a top veteran HC IMO. You can always get bright young prospects who'll agree to anything to get to be a HC.

Niners want to talk to both McDaniels and Caserio. Also have an interest in Jimmy G.

If Josh and Jimmy G have to leave, I'd much rather see them in the NFC.

Niners want to talk to both McDaniels and Caserio. Also have an interest in Jimmy G.

If Josh and Jimmy G have to leave, I'd much rather see them in the NFC.

Brian Daboll will likely take McDaniels' place as soon as he leaves.

But is Matt Patricia's replacement currently on the staff?
Would BB trust his son Steve, Brian Flores or Brendan Daly to call defensive plays? I'll have to ask Mike Reiss what he thinks. I have no idea how BB views these peoples' abilities.

Jags could be an outlier for McD, connection wise. Caldwell, their GM was with former Pats exec Dimitroff in Atl. and a former teammate of JMD in college.

Jags could be an outlier for McD, connection wise. Caldwell, their GM was with former Pats exec Dimitroff in Atl. and a former teammate of JMD in college.

But if a team were to consider the Josh/Jimmy G combo, I would say that San Fran makes the most sense.

I would add New Orleans if Payton leaves and takes Brees with him.

I can't imagine BB trading JG, I just can't. It doesn't make sense financially.
You have at worst, a great backup super cheap for another year, which to me is worth more than a pig in a poke draft pick or two, who will cost more to have on the roster than JG and who do nothing to fill the backup QB spot the way JG does.
Having a great backup and having to let him walk in FA and get the comp pick makes more sense.

I can't imagine BB trading JG, I just can't. It doesn't make sense financially.
You have at worst, a great backup super cheap for another year, which to me is worth more than a pig in a poke draft pick or two, who will cost more to have on the roster than JG and who do nothing to fill the backup QB spot the way JG does.
Having a great backup and having to let him walk in FA and get the comp pick makes more sense.

I agree 100% with you but if they are going to trade him, it needs to be to the NFC.

So the Rams have publicly expressed interest in a coach currently under contract?

Isn't this the very definition of tampering?

That story in the post you quoted is by Ian Rappoport.

Where's the public interest by the Rams organization?

So it boils down to what is worth more? An early first round pick and an early third round pick or an end-of-the-round third round pick and a year of JG backup?

I hear you about draft picks, though I think BB's record with first rounders is better than a pig-in-a-poke. Generally, he's done well. One year of Seymour vs 5 years of Solder, that sort of thing.

If Brady doesn't get hurt, then keeping JG was a terrible waste of opportunity. If Brady goes on IR next year and JG has been traded, we lose 2017 season.

If Brady retires after next year and we traded JG and Brissett sucks, it will be horrible.

I guess it all depends on what is most likely to happen?

I agree 100% with you but if they are going to trade him, it needs to be to the NFC.
There's the rub. If they don't trade him and instead let him go to free agency, he can go to the team who pays the most. This alone to me makes it more beneficial to trade him, so that he does go to NFC just as you are saying. Otherwise you could be looking at 15 years of JG in a Jets or Dolphins uniform, or how about he signs a contract with the Colts, then becomes a FA after six years and signs with the Steelers or Ravens.

I'm just made up my mind. I do NOT want to see JG leaving the Pats as a FA. TRADE HIM!!!

Chuck Pagano ROFL

Pagano says beating Jacksonville proves team has "right guys, coaches and players."

C1MAt0WXEAQpl3D.jpg:large

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Rather bizarre thing to say???

Doug Whaley says 2015 hiring of Rex Ryan was a "committee" approach. He calls it a Bills' decision and won't say what his personal feelings were.

Back