Brady Having Fun Now

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
You know, I had hoped all parties would’ve taken the high road on this transition. I don’t expect to hear anything from Bill that would be considered a jab. How this is not I do not know.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/tom-...n-again-after-leaving-patriots-for-buccaneers

Tom Brady thinks ‘football’s fun again’ after leaving Patriots for Buccaneers

Future Hall of Fame QB is motivated with Bucs

4 hours ago
Rob Gronkowski to reunite with Tom Brady in Tampa BayVideo
Rob Gronkowski to reunite with Tom Brady in Tampa Bay

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are reportedly set to acquire tight end Rob Gronkowski from the New England Patriots, reuniting him with former teammate Tom Brady; Fox Sports lead college football analyst Joel Klatt reacts and previews the football season ahead.
Was it reuniting with Rob Gronkowski or leaving Bill Belichick and the Patriots? That remains uncertain, but Tom Brady is having “fun again,” he told his throwing coach, Tom House, in April.

After his former tight end with the Patriots was traded to his new team, the Buccaneers, the future Hall of Fame quarterback was ecstatic.

“I think the most fun texts we’ve had is when Gronk signed,” House told GQ in an interview. “Tom texted me and said, ‘Football’s fun again,'”

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

The 42-year-old, six-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback left New England in March and signed a two-year, $50 million deal with Tampa Bay. Ironically, Brady has been organizing workouts with his new teammates in Florida, despite the NFLPA advising against it amid the novel coronavirus pandemic. In recent years, Brady had skipped voluntary workouts with the Patriots. He’s also been in frequent contact with House, sending him videos of his throwing sessions.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“When he sends a video, I pretend like I’ve never seen him before,” House said. “He’ll either text me or leave me a voicemail and say, ‘Look, I just filmed about 20 throws. Have a look, give me a shout if you see anything or let’s talk this afternoon or tomorrow.’ And we’ll do it.

“We’ll look at initially his timing and his kinetic sequencing, and then the throwing variables that most coaches would teach: balance and posture, stride and momentum, opposite and equal. And then the throwing variables that are quantified and specific to him. He’ll have his capture in front of him and I’ll say, ‘OK, on your third throw to the left, have a look at that, your front side flew open a bit.’ That’ll just be my eyes talking, and I’ll give him some of the cues that we use in our vocabulary for his teach. It’s just like being there, except we’re both looking at video at the same time.”

He probably is having fun. He certainly wasn't the last couple of years.

I think Meyers and Harry will be having more fun this year as well. :coffee:

You know, I had hoped all parties would’ve taken the high road on this transition. I don’t expect to hear anything from Bill that would be considered a jab. How this is not I do not know.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/tom-...n-again-after-leaving-patriots-for-buccaneers

Tom Brady thinks ‘football’s fun again’ after leaving Patriots for Buccaneers

Future Hall of Fame QB is motivated with Bucs

4 hours ago
Rob Gronkowski to reunite with Tom Brady in Tampa BayVideo
Rob Gronkowski to reunite with Tom Brady in Tampa Bay

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are reportedly set to acquire tight end Rob Gronkowski from the New England Patriots, reuniting him with former teammate Tom Brady; Fox Sports lead college football analyst Joel Klatt reacts and previews the football season ahead.
Was it reuniting with Rob Gronkowski or leaving Bill Belichick and the Patriots? That remains uncertain, but Tom Brady is having “fun again,” he told his throwing coach, Tom House, in April.

After his former tight end with the Patriots was traded to his new team, the Buccaneers, the future Hall of Fame quarterback was ecstatic.

“I think the most fun texts we’ve had is when Gronk signed,” House told GQ in an interview. “Tom texted me and said, ‘Football’s fun again,'”

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

The 42-year-old, six-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback left New England in March and signed a two-year, $50 million deal with Tampa Bay. Ironically, Brady has been organizing workouts with his new teammates in Florida, despite the NFLPA advising against it amid the novel coronavirus pandemic. In recent years, Brady had skipped voluntary workouts with the Patriots. He’s also been in frequent contact with House, sending him videos of his throwing sessions.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“When he sends a video, I pretend like I’ve never seen him before,” House said. “He’ll either text me or leave me a voicemail and say, ‘Look, I just filmed about 20 throws. Have a look, give me a shout if you see anything or let’s talk this afternoon or tomorrow.’ And we’ll do it.

“We’ll look at initially his timing and his kinetic sequencing, and then the throwing variables that most coaches would teach: balance and posture, stride and momentum, opposite and equal. And then the throwing variables that are quantified and specific to him. He’ll have his capture in front of him and I’ll say, ‘OK, on your third throw to the left, have a look at that, your front side flew open a bit.’ That’ll just be my eyes talking, and I’ll give him some of the cues that we use in our vocabulary for his teach. It’s just like being there, except we’re both looking at video at the same time.”

Shines a new light of where all the post-Eagles SB loss “fun” talk may have been coming from.

I may be willing to give TB the benefit of the doubt here and say that maybe, Tom was just saying that Gronk being back means it's fun again and if Brady had stayed in NE and Gronk came back, he would say the same thing.

Now that may be generous to Tom, but Tom did not leave bitter imho, he was generous in his comments and so was BB. I think Tom would not be happy with what House said as it's been probably taken out of context.

I don't criticize TB for this one. It's his private opinion publicly outed possibly without his permission.
I always thought of TB as one of the perfect Patriots,and he was, for a lot longer than likely anyone else ever. Not thrilled with some of his actions, etc. last year, but the fact remains that in the end, he made the same decision many other Pats who left of their own volition did also. They wanted to see if the grass was greener, play for a "player's coach", etc.No more, no less.

I don't criticize TB for this one. It's his private opinion publicly outed possibly without his permission.
I always thought of TB as one of the perfect Patriots,and he was, for a lot longer than likely anyone else ever. Not thrilled with some of his actions, etc. last year, but the fact remains that in the end, he made the same decision many other Pats who left of their own volition did also. They wanted to see if the grass was greener, play for a "player's coach", etc.No more, no less.
This. Welker made a similar comment after he left. I think we all are grateful for the player Brady was over the years. In a way, it's good he left when he did before more of us noticed slippage. Some of us, me especially, made it sound as though we didn't appreciate him, but really it was just acknowledging that he wasn't the same guy he had been, not that he was never TFB.

Now Tom can relax and have fun with a coach way toward the Rex Ryan end of the relaxed player coach spectrum and pretty awesome pairs of WRs and TEs for once.

Personally, I think the having fun part won't last more than a couple games, that his fierce competitive spirit will come out. I just can't picture the guy who got so frustrated with Meyers and Harry will suddenly tolerate routes run incorrectly three or more times in a row because he is having fun, win or lose.

spacecrime said:
Personally, I think the having fun part won't last more than a couple games, that his fierce competitive spirit will come out. I just can't picture the guy who got so frustrated with Meyers and Harry will suddenly tolerate routes run incorrectly three or more times in a row because he is having fun, win or lose.

I agree Space. I hope he has realized that there may be that possibility.

Let's see if he's still "having fun" when he plays behind their OL and gets hit. :coffee:

Let's see if he's still "having fun" when he plays behind their OL and gets hit. :coffee:

I'm totally cranked up to see the above scenario. One of the few things about NFL 2020 that I'm looking forward to besides the Pats.

Brady did a ton for this franchise over the years, but he straight-up phoned it in last year and that left an impression on me.

I'll eventually forgive and forget when it's all over, but Karma is a stone bitch.

I give Tampa about a month of glory and good times and then it's going to start falling apart.

I'm totally cranked up to see the above scenario. One of the few things about NFL 2020 that I'm looking forward to besides the Pats.

Brady did a ton for this franchise over the years, but he straight-up phoned it in last year and that left an impression on me.

I'll eventually forgive and forget when it's all over, but Karma is a stone bitch.

I give Tampa about a month of glory and good times and then it's going to start falling apart.

I think last season left a bad taste in many fans mouths and with good reason. Fortinately, he won't be remembered for that when he comes back to Foxboro, probably to sign a deal to let him retire here. And he will rightly get the red jacket.

Last year was bad, I was fairly surprised at his poor attitude and the comments from Meyers and Harry were a shock in many ways.

The only thing stunning to me was the fact it took 20 years for that attitude to rise to the surface. I honestly thought he was different, that we’d never see it. I’m saddened we did.
But that will fade.

I hope he has so much fun rehabbing a folded back knee. Now he wants to be a media darling and make comments now well here's one for you Tom. Fuck you

Brady should be having fun. He has nothing left to prove. This is nothing new to players that leave NE. This is the reason Reggie Wayne retired .

He should open his safe, put all 6 rings on, and then try saying to himself “boy I’m having fun now”.

Arians is not like BB where by allowing TFB to get punished and inadequately fixing the actual problems that Pats experienced last year.,imo TFB played with injuries most of last season as a direct result of the BB afflicted punishment. You will see that will NEVER happen with Arians every single game this coming season.

Not sure what you mean by "phoned it is last year" for I apparently was not able to hear that phone call for unknown reasons. Yes Karma is a stone bitch and that is how I view BB. Yes it's undesputable his winning 20 year stretch with the Pats, but the vast majority of that would have never happened without TFB. It is a sacrilege that it had to end like it did, but but evidently Kraft missed his scheduled spa seassion that day and decided his second son was not worth a 2 year deal like Patrick Chung got this year.

Everyone is in their prescribed places on their respective teams and we have less than a month to see what shakes out of pre-season. I predicted it will be real interesting. Go Pats !! :coffee:

Arians attack isn’t much more downfield than anything Bill attempted to install. And nowhere near as run centric.

Given the OLine troubles in TB I’m inclined to believe you are erroneously optimistic, at best.

I have a dad that is like BB...I get what Brady is saying. I respect what Brady did in the past. Last year he was terrible, obviously. It was best to leave NE and go elsewhere for both parties. Brady was sick and tired of the BB way. I get it. Now he gets to have fun. It will be interesting on what happens.

I'm more pro BB than pro Brady fwiw...

Arians is not like BB where by allowing TFB to get punished and inadequately fixing the actual problems that Pats experienced last year.,imo TFB played with injuries most of last season as a direct result of the BB afflicted punishment. You will see that will NEVER happen with Arians every single game this coming season.

Not sure what you mean by "phoned it is last year" for I apparently was not able to hear that phone call for unknown reasons. Yes Karma is a stone bitch and that is how I view BB. Yes it's undesputable his winning 20 year stretch with the Pats, but the vast majority of that would have never happened without TFB. It is a sacrilege that it had to end like it did, but but evidently Kraft missed his scheduled spa seassion that day and decided his second son was not worth a 2 year deal like Patrick Chung got this year.

Everyone is in their prescribed places on their respective teams and we have less than a month to see what shakes out of pre-season. I predicted it will be real interesting. Go Pats !! :coffee:

It's funny, but Tom got sacked far less last season compared to 2017, 2015, 2013, 2011 and less than in 2001, 2002 and 2003. His highest sack number was 41 in 2001. So what punishment did he suffer last season?

Kraft missed his scheduled spa seassion that day and decided his second son was not worth a 2 year deal like Patrick Chung got this year.

You wanted Kraft to offer Brady a 2-year, $7 mil contract??? WTF?

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

that is how I view BB. Yes it's undesputable his winning 20 year stretch with the Pats, but the vast majority of that would have never happened without TFB.

IDK. In fairness, BB did go 14-6 without Brady during that stretch.

Bozeman is having trouble with all of the stupid private jet owners. Big Sky needs it's own airport...

Back