Brady is Gone

I agree with you. That was BB having the foresight to move on for the future just as he is doing now.

Brady wasn't a slam dunk for everyone even after the superbowl. I remember huge arguments at work over Bledsoe vs Brady. It ended with the trade of Bledsoe during the draft. Actually, I knew when the Pats moved up in the fourth round and drafted Rohan Davey. Sure enough, announcement of Bledsoe-for-a-first trade came soon after.

Well it would be the same I guess if we went 5-11 with Brady last year and then Stidham went 11-3 and won a superbowl, but none of that happened. If people were arguing after the superbowl that we should go back to Bledsoe, they need to pick a different sport. If Stidham comes out next year and we go to the superbowl and win it with him, not sure you are still getting Brady arguments.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Excellent stuff. I would expect nothing less from a class act like Brady. As a fanatical competitor he knows why BB had to move on and respects it. Bravo!

AS much as the media would love Brady to come out and trash Belichick, he is just not going to. Not that he thinks that would cause a shit storm, but because I dont believe Brady has anything but respect and admiration for belichick. I assume Belichick would feel the same.

Brady cares about legacy and wants to be better than BB this year. It’s going to be on his mind every single day, practice, and game. Every TD, every win, every loss, every breakfast, every workout, every walkthrough, every gameplay. That’s who Brady is.

He went to Tampa because they give him the best shot to do that. Not because of anything else.

Brady cares about legacy and wants to be better than BB this year. It’s going to be on his mind every single day, practice, and game. Every TD, every win, every loss, every breakfast, every workout, every walkthrough, every gameplay. That’s who Brady is.

He went to Tampa because they give him the best shot to do that. Not because of anything else.

Brady is a QB, Bill is a coach, so I think its a good bet Brady will be a better QB than belichick this year, but Bill will be a better coach. Brady does not give two shits about besting belichick.

Their respective records away from each other and postseason success will always be compared, and each is very aware of it.

"I never cared about legacy," Brady said. "I could give a s--- about legacy...That's just not me. It's not my personality."

"I never cared about legacy," Brady said. "I could give a s--- about legacy...That's just not me. It's not my personality."

So simple. Legacy is what everyone else thinks. He's never given a rat's ass about what we think. He answers those Q's for himself and by his own standards.

Cheers

Says the guy who poses with all six rings in photographs. Brady is full of shit with this "I don't care about legacy" crap. ALL he cares about is legacy. He is no different than ANY other athlete in that regard.

Says the guy who poses with all six rings in photographs. Brady is full of shit with this "I don't care about legacy" crap. ALL he cares about is legacy. He is no different than ANY other athlete in that regard.

Brady cares about playing his best and WINNING. The rings are physical representations of winning. That's why he poses with them.

Most of the younger generation of athletes obsess over their legacy and brand now. Brady is from a different era.

But I think he's honest when he says forst and foremost his number 1 priority is to be a great teammate. When he responds to questions about his passing records, TD etc with an "I never focus on that", is he lying? Probably to a degree, I'm quite sure he knows his numbers etc. But I do believe him when he talks about his role as a great teammate. I think that's the reason why I've never ever heard a bad word spoken about him by any teammate over his 20 years with the team. And you saw the quite touching responses to him leaving from his former teammates and it's also the reason why he was willing to take the 'just another player treatment' from Bill which always astounded new players.

I'm sure he's rightly proud of the 6 rings, who wouldnt be? I'm sure he's rightly proud of his record and stats. But he's a great team player first and foremost and I'm sure that' something Bill appreciated more than anything else.

But I think he's honest when he says forst and foremost his number 1 priority is to be a great teammate. When he responds to questions about his passing records, TD etc with an "I never focus on that", is he lying? Probably to a degree, I'm quite sure he knows his numbers etc. But I do believe him when he talks about his role as a great teammate. I think that's the reason why I've never ever heard a bad word spoken about him by any teammate over his 20 years with the team. And you saw the quite touching responses to him leaving from his former teammates and it's also the reason why he was willing to take the 'just another player treatment' from Bill which always astounded new players.

I'm sure he's rightly proud of the 6 rings, who wouldnt be? I'm sure he's rightly proud of his record and stats. But he's a great team player first and foremost and I'm sure that' something Bill appreciated more than anything else.

All this is true. For the most part. For at least 18 years. Nobody ever uttered anything other than “great teammate”.

Last year?

Do you think N’Keal and Jacobi honestly think that? They’d never utter a word for fear of the fallout with the locals and their deity, but inside I think they’ll be way more relaxed and that hopefully allows their skill sets to be more readily displayed. They sure seemed to be comfortable with Stidham.

Brady cares about playing his best and WINNING. The rings are physical representations of winning.
Winning is about the present and future, winning the game you're playing right now and future games. Twenty-year old rings is about the past, games you have won. Legacy.

When he responds to questions about his passing records, TD etc with an "I never focus on that", is he lying?
No, not lying. Nor is BB when he deflects blame onto himself after a loss when clearly the team sucked. That's all about winning. When you expect all players to sacrifice for the team, you must lead the way and keep it about the team.

A few years ago the Ravens lost a game to us with a last-play-of-the-game missed field goal. Ray Lewis, not my favorite player, had played a good game and was asked if he was disappointed that after all his work was for nothing, and he said no one player lost the game, "We win and lose as a team."

No, not lying. Nor is BB when he deflects blame onto himself after a loss when clearly the team sucked. That's all about winning. When you expect all players to sacrifice for the team, you must lead the way and keep it about the team.

A few years ago the Ravens lost a game to us with a last-play-of-the-game missed field goal. Ray Lewis, not my favorite player, had played a good game and was asked if he was disappointed that after all his work was for nothing, and he said no one player lost the game, "We win and lose as a team."

Agreed. But when your kicker misses a thirty-five foot game winning chip shot at the final buzzer, it's tough to hold that thought.

Cheers

All this is true. For the most part. For at least 18 years. Nobody ever uttered anything other than “great teammate”.

Last year?

Do you think N’Keal and Jacobi honestly think that? They’d never utter a word for fear of the fallout with the locals and their deity, but inside I think they’ll be way more relaxed and that hopefully allows their skill sets to be more readily displayed. They sure seemed to be comfortable with Stidham.
At least Brady is consistent. He treats both first round draft picks and UDFAs the same. He has no use or respect for either. He never was fond of rookies but last year he was over the top IMO. He's been learning this system for two decades. Rookies are trying to unlearn everything they know from college and learn the most complicated offense in football in a few months, and oh by the way, new terminology for everything.

This isn't Brady bashing now that he's gone. I felt the same way last year when he was on the team. The only difference is that I no longer think that OTAs don't matter. After watching last season there is little doubt of that. Skipping OTAs was not being a good teammate and did not help this team.

Last year?

For sure last year was an outlier. Tom knew he was going and did seem to be in a mood and the comments from Harry and Meyers showed that, Tom really wasn't making much of an effort with them. Now we have this young cadre of players on offense led by Stidham and they should be raring to go.

Well it would be the same I guess if we went 5-11 with Brady last year and then Stidham went 11-3 and won a superbowl, but none of that happened. If people were arguing after the superbowl that we should go back to Bledsoe, they need to pick a different sport. If Stidham comes out next year and we go to the superbowl and win it with him, not sure you are still getting Brady arguments.
Not sure how Stidham enters into what happened in 2002, but even back then there were people who couldn't see the future and wanted to keep the old guy out of sentimentality.

As you say, they should get a clue or pick a different sport. :LOL: :insane: :coffee:

At least Brady is consistent. He treats both first round draft picks and UDFAs the same. He has no use or respect for either. He never was fond of rookies but last year he was over the top IMO. He's been learning this system for two decades. Rookies are trying to unlearn everything they know from college and learn the most complicated offense in football in a few months, and oh by the way, new terminology for everything.

This isn't Brady bashing now that he's gone. I felt the same way last year when he was on the team. The only difference is that I no longer think that OTAs don't matter. After watching last season there is little doubt of that. Skipping OTAs was not being a good teammate and did not help this team.

Brady's never been fond of throwing to 1st round WR picks because Harry is the only one he's ever had. Harry was hurt for most of the season, so it's understandable he wasn't up to speed and received limited targets.

Meyers got plenty of targets for an UDFA. He was 5th on the team in targets.

If you want to throw in TEs as 1st rounders, you can add Daniel Graham and Ben Watson. Watson missed all but one game is rookie year. Graham was behind Fauria and had the dropsies to start his career.

Brady has never had an issue throwing to quality picks. The problem wasn't Brady, it was the shitty WRs the Pats drafted. Mitchell was 5th on the team in targets his rookie year despite starting only 6 games. Brady had no issue trusting him in the Super Bowl.

The only other good WRs the Pats drafted in Brady's entire career were Branch, Givens, and Edelman. The rest of the group is comprised with future surefire HOFs like Bethel Johnson, PK Sam, Chad Jackson, Brandon Tate, Taylor Price, Jeremy Ebert, Aaron Dobson, Josh Boyce, Jeremy Gallon, Devin Lucien, and Braxton Berrios. None of these guys had a good career on any other team in the NFL. Brady was right not to load them up with targets.

Just heard on the radio (92.9 Dave & Chuck the Freak) an hour ago they were discussing the Stern interview and referencing the Vanity Fair piece from a while back and saying things were in fact rocky in the marriage and he skipped OTAs to appease G.

I’ll cut him slack. Take care of the family is #1. If the wife isn’t happy it’s a miserable existence.

We all know she wanted him to quit years ago. It’s gotta be a constant struggle now.

Just heard on the radio (92.9 Dave & Chuck the Freak) an hour ago they were discussing the Stern interview and referencing the Vanity Fair piece from a while back and saying things were in fact rocky in the marriage and he skipped OTAs to appease G.

I’ll cut him slack. Take care of the family is #1. If the wife isn’t happy it’s a miserable existence.

We all know she wanted him to quit years ago. It’s gotta be a constant struggle now.
Happy wife, happy life

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

he skipped OTAs to appease G.

I think it's hilarious that we each switched positions and are still have opposite opinions.
:toast:

Back