Brady is still the MVP

tonyto36

Reaction score
1. All the games matter
Cam has been on a statistical hot streak and Brady has been behind in the box score department, but Cam also started the season throwing 9 INTs in 7 games. (Carolina also went 7-0 in that stretch). We know how dominant Brady was the first ten games.

2. Big games against bad opponents
Cam Newton has 15 TDs and 1 INT against the Saints, Redskins, and Giants. The Giants and Saints are 32nd and 29th against the pass. In the other 12 games he has thrown 18 TDs and 9 INTs.

3. Cam has much more help
Offensive lines: Cam has an elite one, Bradys is a turnstile
Receivers: When healthy Brady has a better one but they haven't been healthy for half the season. As it is a slight edge for Brady because of Gronk.
Running backs: Not even close a comparison without Lewis
Defense: Carolina has a better overall defense

The difference between the Panthers and Patriots are made up by that the Patriots have a better coaching staff and a better QB.

4. Tougher division
AFC East has 3 teams with a positive point differential. The NFCS has 3 teams with a negative point differential

Defenses in points allowed:
8. Jets 14. Hawks
17. Bills 22. Bucs
26. Dolphins 32. New Orleans

5. Brady is relied on more
Pass attempts:
NE: 4th
CAR: 26th

Yards per game:
NE: T-1st
CAR: 23rd

Total offense:
NE: 5511 yards (5th)
CAR: 5237 yards (8th)
Brady: 4405 passing, 55 rushing (4460 total) (80.9% of total offense)
Newton: 3402 passing, 580 rushing (3982 total) (76.0% of total offense)

And that doesn't account for weekly game planning, protection calls, audibles, and overall complexity of playbook.

I like Cam and what he has done this season but you put him in Brady's shoes and he wouldn't be near as effective. The Pats 2 losses are due to bad special teams play, otherwise they could still be undefeated. But I have no problem with Cam winning it, I'd rather TB get the SB MVP.

Brady is the clear MVP but if Cam goes 16-0 you have to give it to him. It is such an unbelievable feat and he is the main cog that makes that team go from his play to his emotion. I hate that Brady has had this great season and will only be topped from a QB having a historic season. It is what it is. I still want Brady in the post-season over Cam and who knows maybe the Falcons or Bucs will somehow knock off Carolina. I do wonder if Rivera rests guys next week given the game will mean nothing if they win tomorrow.

Brady is the clear MVP but if Cam goes 16-0 you have to give it to him. It is such an unbelievable feat and he is the main cog that makes that team go from his play to his emotion. I hate that Brady has had this great season and will only be topped from a QB having a historic season. It is what it is. I still want Brady in the post-season over Cam and who knows maybe the Falcons or Bucs will somehow knock off Carolina. I do wonder if Rivera rests guys next week given the game will mean nothing if they win tomorrow.

Give Brady that offensive line, running game and defense and he'd be undefeated and wouldn't have all the close calls the Panthers have had because of Cam.

Give Brady that offensive line, running game and defense and he'd be undefeated and wouldn't have all the close calls the Panthers have had because of Cam.

I don't think anyone on the planet believes Cam is a better QB than Brady but wins factor into the MVP discussion and if Cam gets all 16 then the award is his.

The one that really matters takes place in Feb. anyways. :patriotlogo:

I know we all don't care about this MVP award because what matters happens in Feb. BUT, I'm always rooting for Brady to collect them all in a single season - MVP, SB MVP, SB win

:bow:

Cam has it already won. He is having one hell of a season. His team is undefeated. The Only MVP brady wants is SB MVP. He is tried for most ever with Joe Montana.

Like I said before its all relative. Cam is playing above his head, Brady is playing like he always plays, so Cam gets more attention. Its like when coaches who had a bad record last year suddenly have a good record this year and win coach of the year. BB should always be coach of the year because he is the best coach, same with Brady.

My son was showing me the record of teams Carolina has played, and its awful. I truly believe the pats would probably be undefeated at this point too. Cam has had his greatest season ever, but to Brady it would just be a normal season.

The only thing I care about is the Lombardi being hoisted. I don't even care about the SB MVP either. That's gravy to me.

It won't bother me one iota if Brady doesn't win the MVP award

The only thing I care about is the Lombardi being hoisted. I don't even care about the SB MVP either. That's gravy to me.

It won't bother me one iota if Brady doesn't win the MVP award

That is fine, and others want him to get it. These kinds of things are nice to look back at after he retires for him. Nobody is trying to put its importance over the superbowl.

That is fine, and others want him to get it. These kinds of things are nice to look back at after he retires for him. Nobody is trying to put its importance over the superbowl.

All I know is that I didn't buy a "Brady won MVP" shirt in 2007 (was it '07 I don't even remember). I did buy all the Championship gear in '01, '03, '04, and '14. It does make for a good debate and talk show fodder though.

There is nothing wrong with not caring about the MVP award

I'll bet if you asked 10 people 'what does MVP mean to you?', you'll get 10 different answers. There's certainly nothing wrong with talking about it, I'd rather have the SB is all

All I know is that I didn't buy a "Brady won MVP" shirt in 2007 (was it '07 I don't even remember). I did buy all the Championship gear in '01, '03, '04, and '14. It does make for a good debate and talk show fodder though.

There is nothing wrong with not caring about the MVP award

I'll bet if you asked 10 people 'what does MVP mean to you?', you'll get 10 different answers. There's certainly nothing wrong with talking about it, I'd rather have the SB is all

Well the mvp is for Brady, not you, so it is not meant for you to get a t-shirt, although they do sell them....a fan of a player likes them to get recognition, so its not really about caring about it or not, its just nice for a player to get recognition. So we all want the team to win the superbowl, and I think the thread was just about the OP saying he thinks Brady deserves it. Also, its a nice slap to the media, ESPN, and other fans if he got it because all that happened to him over the summer. So you are not really wanting the MVP for you to get a shirt, its for a player that you like. Its like Butler going to the pro bow, we as fans like that. So yeah, we would all rather have a superbowl, but a player on the team getting MVP is nice too.

If Brady can't win, I wouldn't mind seeing Palmer get it. He has a legit shot.

I'd like to see Palmer get it rather than Cam. His time in the league is coming to a close a lot sooner. Cam will have other opportunities. Also, because Newton is Black. :coffee:
image.jpg

Back