Brady named NFL MVP

Michigan Dave on 01-05-2008 at 01:28 PM said:
Who the hell voted for Favre? Madden?

ROFL

As soon as I heard that Favre got one vote I asked if Madden had a vote in the MVP. :LOL:

And NFL MVP is great and all, but I'd rather see him holding another Rozelle trophy.

TrueBeliever on 01-05-2008 at 04:52 PM said:
'Bout frickin' time, you ask me.
\

My feelings exactly. He should have gotten this award last year and deserved this one hands down.

Is there anyway of finding out who the heck didn't vote for him?

aloyouis on 01-05-2008 at 07:27 PM said:
Is there anyway of finding out who the heck didn't vote for him?

Why? Were you thinking of getting up a lynch mob?

You have to understand, there will ALWAYS be a disagreement in this type of voting, because it's never clear whether they're talking about most valuable player in the LEAGUE, or most valuable player to his TEAM. Also, the voters always take into account whether someone has overachieved or not. It's the same rationale for those who didn't vote for Belichick, because other coaches "did more with less". I can see someone rationalizing, "Well, Brady's great, but he's got great receivers, a great coach, et cetera, whereas Favre did more with less." I'm not saying I'd agree with that, and I'm not saying it's right, but that's how some might look at it.

JD10367 on 01-05-2008 at 07:16 PM said:
It's the same rationale for those who didn't vote for Belichick, because other coaches "did more with less". I can see someone rationalizing, "Well, Brady's great, but he's got great receivers, a great coach, et cetera, whereas Favre did more with less." I'm not saying I'd agree with that, and I'm not saying it's right, but that's how some might look at it.

There's been a lot of talk that Joe Gibbs should have gotten it for getting the Skins into the playoffs. I can see it, they sure don't have a lot of talent and the trauma of losing a valued teammate so suddenly can sap a team's energy away easily. So I see what you're saying.

This is great news! 'Bout time!

:D

Figures Favre would get a vote from some worshipper. :eek:

:pat: :patriots! :pat: :patriots! Rule!!!

Our first Franchise MVP!

Way to go Tommy. Well deserved. THANK YOU for making football in New England what it is today, AMAZING!

Cletusaurus* on 01-05-2008 at 04:52 PM said:
I don't want to be a buzzkill... but Kurt Warner was the last NFL MVP to be on a Super Bowl-winning team. So while I'm giving props to Brady, I'm curiously nervous.
I was thinking about that a couple of weeks ago actually. It's kinda strange when you think about it. If that trend continues (which hopefully it will for at least one more year :D ) you have to wonder if the MVP becomes that award you don't want to win.

Seriously though, grats to Tom. He certainly deserved it this season.

As to the Farve vote...I have to believe that was a sentimental vote from someone who knew the outcome already.

yeah, but, Brady's teams have beaten four of the last six MVPs... errr... five... of the last seven... I don't know.

2001- Warner
2003- McNair & Manning
2004- Manning
2006- Tomlinson

So there's gotta be a way that it all works out as an advantage for the Pats in the end.

backofthepack* on 01-05-2008 at 08:03 PM said:
I think whoever voted for Favre should have his right to ever vote taken away...are they kidding with that crap.
Some dipshit voted for Vick the year Manning won it. lolz

...according to the globe:

With QB Tom Brady earning 49 of 50 votes for the NFL's Most Valuable Player Award -- and a single vote going to Packers QB Brett Favre -- the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reveals the identity of the lone voter who did not choose Brady. Journal-Sentinel reporter Greg Bedard, on the Packers blog, points out that the writer casting the vote for Favre works for Sports Xchange, an information provider for news organizations.

...and the email address for your venomous responses:

HBalzer@sportsxchange.com

...reply in force!!!

Dwight Schrute on 01-07-2008 at 10:46 AM said:
...according to the globe:

With QB Tom Brady earning 49 of 50 votes for the NFL's Most Valuable Player Award -- and a single vote going to Packers QB Brett Favre -- the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reveals the identity of the lone voter who did not choose Brady. Journal-Sentinel reporter Greg Bedard, on the Packers blog, points out that the writer casting the vote for Favre works for Sports Xchange, an information provider for news organizations.

...and the email address for your venomous responses:

HBalzer@sportsxchange.com

...reply in force!!!

I was about to, but figured that is what the guy wants anyway, not going to give him the satisfaction.

Back