Brady not going to settle

tonyto36

Reaction score
Is planning on fighting this to the death and will not accept anything less than a full overturn of the ruling against him, according to Skip Bayless. Given the lawyers he has hired it isn't much of a surprise- you don't hire those names to settle. With Goodell appointing himself as "neutral arbitrator", this is going to court.

:huh:

This has been speculated on this board, in multiple threads, since the penalty was announced. Is there anything new to add?

:huh:

This has been speculated on this board, in multiple threads, since the penalty was announced. Is there anything new to add?

I didn't see anything besides random fan speculation.

Mod is welcome to delete if they feel fit.

Kraft looks like he will though...
Posted via Mobile Device

IIRC the owners constitution states that any fines and penalties handed out by the league can't be challenged or appealed. So that's a win IMO.

It is also shows the credibility of the NFL when they retroactively pull up and reverse course.

I didn't see anything besides random fan speculation.

Mod is welcome to delete if they feel fit.

You're a fan, so I assume this is also fan speculation.
I'm just curious if you have new information, such as information coming from Brady's camp or someone claiming to have inside information. I'm all for starting a new thread if it's exploring a new avenue of information.

btw, I'm a mod (although mostly retired). I rarely feel motivated to do any heavy lifting on this site. That's why we promoted Mikie and DC.

Is planning on fighting this to the death and will not accept anything less than a full overturn of the ruling against him. Given the lawyers he has hired it isn't much of a surprise- you don't hire those names to settle. With Goodell appointing himself as "neutral arbitrator", this is going to court.

Kessler works for the NFLPA. Brady didn't hire him.

And your source was..... :huh:

Skip Bayless said on First Take that Brady's people told him.

I know it's Skip but I don't think he flat out fabricates things, and he's always been pro-Brady and had connections to Bradys people in the past.

I know it's Skip but I don't think he flat out fabricates things, and he's always been pro-Brady and had connections to Bradys people in the past.
Skip has said this for a few days now, really nothing new to add at this point unless he adds to it.

so why didn't you say "according to Skip Bayless on First Take...".

and while you're at it, please change your avatar. I hate it.

Kessler works for the NFLPA. Brady didn't hire him.

I wasn't talking about just Kessler, but that's true. I saw a list of the lawyers somewhere and there's like 8-12 high powered big name guys. Brady must be spending a humongous amount of money on this.

so why didn't you say "according to Skip Bayless on First Take...".

and while you're at it, please change your avatar. I hate it.

Because I made a mistake.

I don't have the option. A mod uploaded and locked it. It's a sign of my success IMO ;)

Kraft's deal with the league and Brady's appeal with the NFLPA are two totally separate entities.

Does anyone know Brady's appeal date?

They are gonna cut the suspension in half because Roger knows that if he does a complete reversal the story will be that the fix was in all along. No way does he do that.

It's time to accept that Tom won't be there on opening night. (and God help Kraft if he thinks he can raise a banner that night... )

Will Tom fight further, in court. I hope so. I know the NFLPA will want him to... but who is he more loyal to, Kraft or his fellow union members.

Not optimistic on this one either.

They are gonna cut the suspension in half because Roger knows that if he does a complete reversal the story will be that the fix was in all along. No way does he do that.

It's time to accept that Tom won't be there on opening night. (and God help Kraft if he thinks he can raise a banner that night... )

Will Tom fight further, in court. I hope so. I know the NFLPA will want him to... but who is he more loyal to, Kraft or his fellow union members.

Why would going to court make him disloyal to Kraft?

Why would going to court make him disloyal to Kraft?

His owner wants this to go away. :shrug:

Call it a hunch, but I saw this coming from Kraft days ago.

Nothing in this ordeal has gone the way the fanbase has wanted it to.. why would it start now.

Giselle will not let Tom walk, Mr and Mrs Brady will not let it walk, and no freaking way will Tom.

The deal is Tommy fights, with NFLPA lawyers and we all get happy when it is no suspension, 250,000 fine, loss of 4th, and Kensil flushed from NFL offices.

Back