Brady Out Next Season Too?

Boylanca

Reaction score
Website
www.coltfreaks.com
Before you disreguard this as troll crap, ESPNs bottom line is reporting Brady's rehab is behind schedule, and they are contemplating surgery to put him out next year aswell.:blink:

Before you disreguard this as troll crap, ESPNs bottom line is reporting Brady's rehab is behind schedule, and they are contemplating surgery to put him out next year aswell.:blink:

we have already reported this on this forum

link?

We're in december.

There are very few surgeries that would put him out for next year.

Unless doctors are planning on amputating his leg just above the knee.

The fact that you used ESPN as a source of your information makes it fairly usesless to begin with.

Yes and Matt Cassel is going to fvck the NFL in the ass next year

Then show them what's up on the football field. It's gonna be a spectacle.

U
R

10814.jpg

And to think I scooped those paradigms of journalism....

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit too.

Brady could tear his acl right now and still be back for the season next year, not sure what they could do to keep him out all next year. The season is 8 months away. I love the media trying to hype a story.

Brady could tear his acl right now and still be back for the season next year, not sure what they could do to keep him out all next year. The season is 8 months away. I love the media trying to hype a story.
depends on the tear, not all injuies are the same, recovery varies from individual to individual

I pray he returns for selfish reasons in that he helps the team but also because star players need to play for the good of the game

depends on the tear, not all injuies are the same, recovery varies from individual to individual

I pray he returns for selfish reasons in that he helps the team but also because star players need to play for the good of the game

yeah but he didnt just tear his acl. I was being sarcastic. Come on people like the media is not going to try and make a story out of anything. Like anyone knows what brady will be like 8 months from now. I just do not see a removal of scar tissue putting him for a a year and 8 months. I mean we are talking a very long time. I read nothing in that story to say otherwise.

It has already been explained in Curran's article that he may require surgery that cannot be now but may in the future that would kill 09. And it's a completely seperate issue from scar tissue.What are you not getting about this?

BTW I've never known Curran to sensationalize that much.

It has already been explained in Curran's article that he may require surgery that cannot be now but may in the future that would kill 09. What are you not getting about this?

Because I do not buy media stuff and actually wait and see if things happen...sorry. :shrug: I honestly dont think people know shit. I think they heard a possibilty and wrote a story on it because it will get read.

Best i can tell the story is that the staff infection has created excess scar tissue which prohibited the ligaments from healing as tightly as they should have, moreover he isnt able to start the rehab to strengthen the knee yet.

This means two things...

First off the knee rehab has to be done for several months before he can even think about using it in a gameday situation.
In 1995 when Rod Woodson did the same thing to his knee he had surgery that went real well and the rehab was intense and was able to make it back for the super bowl. That probably means if Brady starts now, it wont be until may at the earliest that he'd be able to get it cleared to start practicing.
as with all knee injuries of this type, however, it takes almost two years before it is really strong enough to be 100%. Even though he played in that super bowl, Woodson was not able to play at nearly the same speed all of 1996, and it wasnt until mid 1997 after he had left the steelers that the knee finally finished healing.
A closer comparison could be made with Carson Palmer, who got injured in the playoffs , made it back for the next season, but didnt have full strength in the knee until his second year back causing him to favor the knee during the 2006 season.

** none of that would mean he'd miss next season, simply that the knee would be well less than 100% and very shaky in a best case situation

but the second issue is the scar tissue making the ligaments "loose"
Apparently this will create even more risk of another catastrphic knee injury. The issue then would be do you
a: play him all next season with a brace on the knee and hope for the best
b: Sit him part of the season until extensive rehab is done

or C: get surgery pushing the timetable back 5 to 6 months

And if the option isnt C, then you pretty much have an open ended timeframe for another season ending knee issue. A good topic read on this would be about the steelers punter, Daniel Sepuvada, who had a simular botched surgery on his knee several years back. he resumed playing and was fine for three or four years, opting not to have more surgery. In training camp this season the ligament tore again when he planted it for a punt.... no contact, just a wear and tear problem.

I guess it comes down to how much the pats think Brady has left for them. If he is their guy for five or more years, then surgery to permenatly fix this is a good idea.

If they feel he is going to peter out sooner then just let him play and what will be will be. I mean they still have a sb caliber team and those windows close quick

Back