Brady ranks #1 in Super Bowl player rankings

Mazz22

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies.
Reaction score
Hard to believe that the dolts at ESPN actually put Brady at number one but I suppose they had no choice given all that he has accomplished in that game.

Video: Why Brady ranks No. 1
<ARTICLE class=ad-300>

</ARTICLE>When asked which Super Bowl ring is his favorite, Tom Brady's response is always the same: "The next one." Brady's relentless pursuit of the "next one," which is a yearlong endeavor in which he shapes his eating habits and sleep patterns around being at his best on the football field, is as strong as ever at the age of 38. Brady is only the third quarterback in NFL history to lead his team to four Super Bowl wins, joining his boyhood idol Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw, and he's a three-time Super Bowl MVP, which matches Montana for the most ever. Brady is also the all-time leader in Super Bowl passing yards (1,605), touchdown passes (13) and starts (six). What makes Brady rise up on the biggest stage of professional football? "I think his consistency," said Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, who has worked directly with Brady for nine seasons. "Even though these games have a finality to them that some games in the regular season or preseason don't have, he approaches it the same way." And there is no end in sight. Brady hopes to play well into his 40s and at this point hasn't shown much, if any, signs of decline. -- Mike Reiss

But he lost twice. I'll take Montana who batted 1.000...

:rolleyes:

Too bad no one outside the City of New England knows who the f*ck he is.

Yet he didn't make the roster on the all SB team. Only the pats ex kicker Adam vinatieri made it.

Who is this Brady person? Is he famous or something?

Looking at Brady's stats in the Super Bowl, it may be 100 years before someone ever breaks his yardage, TDs and completions totals.

He was a tight end that was drafted by the Jets and then played for the Jags. Good blocker. His last year was with the Pats in 2007.

And didn't he catch a couple of TD passes from this other guy named Brady? What a Coinkydink.

Cheers, BostonTim

Brady is the best player in NFL history. (includes regular season and all playoffs)

Montana is the best in the Super Bowl.
11 TDs and no picks is undeniable.
He beat 3 league MVPs in those games (Marino, Anderson, Esiason)
He was the league MVP in the other one and he beat Elway.

I would make Brady a clear #2. (13 TDs to 4 picks)

Brady is the best player in NFL history. (includes regular season and all playoffs)

I don't necessarily disagree with you but you list ALL that for Montana and then just list Brady's TDs to picks?

Pretty sure Brady beat a league MVP in Warner in his first Super Bowl as a 14 point underdog leading the GWD at the end, something he did in ALL four of his Super Bowl wins as unlike Montana, Brady's teams were not stacked give the cap/FA. Then to get his last ring, he beat the number one defense and defending champs with the biggest comeback in Super Bowl history. Brady was every bit as big and more clutch than Montana in his wins. Even if you want to go the perfection route and say Montana is better as no picks/no losses, I am fine with that but Brady has an awful lot counter with his Super Bowl performances including a perfect season thwarted that would make this discussion moot had Tyree not made the flukiest, luckiest catch in SB history.

Oh, see when I said I'd take Montana I was joking.

Other Pats on the top 50 list are Deion Branch (30), Adam Vinatieri (43) & Rodney Harrison (45). I think I might rank Harrison higher, but that's a part of why Brady should be #1 - he had fewer superstars playing with him than Montana and others.

We are splitting hairs about the 2 greatest players ever.

I get that Asante holding onto a ball makes Brady a 5x winner, but he dropped it. I hope Brady wins 2 more so this is not even a debate.

Back