Brady Surgery

newsleepyjean

Life is short, have fun!
Reaction score
How come nobody has any ccomments about this? Or am I a day late again? :)
A month later, Brady has his knee surgery
By Mike Reiss
Globe Staff / October 8, 2008
Email| Print| Single Page| Yahoo! Buzz| ShareThisText size – + Patriots quarterback Tom Brady underwent surgery to repair his injured left knee Monday at the Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic in Los Angeles, NFL sources said. One source indicated that the procedure went well.

Discuss
COMMENTS (0)
Brady's surgery took place 29 days after he was injured in the Patriots' 17-10 season-opening win over the Chiefs. Multiple sources told the Globe that Brady tore the anterior cruciate ligament and medial collateral ligament in his knee when hit by Kansas City safety Bernard Pollard.

In cases similar to Brady's, doctors often wait for the MCL to heal before reconstructing the ACL. That is typically a four- to six-week window, so Brady is closer to the early side.

Brady had chosen Neal S. ElAttrache, a well-known orthopedist specializing in sports medicine, shoulders, elbows, and knees, to perform the surgery. ElAttrache, through an assistant in his office, said yesterday that he could not comment on the procedure.

While not aware of the specifics of Brady's procedure, Michael Gordon, team orthopedic physician for the NBA's Milwaukee Bucks and Marquette University, estimated that the quarterback should expect a recovery time of about 6-8 months, assuming there were no other injuries.

Gordon said it is common for those who undergo ACL reconstructions to begin rehabilitation the day of the surgery. The initial rehabilitation would include "basic exercises to begin strengthening thigh muscles and decrease the swelling."

Shira Springer of the Globe staff contributed to this report

© Copyright 2008 Globe Newspaper Company.

READER COMMENTS (0) Post a comment

Gently now young-in, why are comments needed? We knew this was coming, and for all the source's report is good news, we really won't know anything before next Spring's OTAs. Say your prayers for him and while your at it, for the O-line heading into San Diego.

I figured that I'm not a doctor, so no comments were needed, but if you insist:

I'm wonder whether Brady should immediately begin therapy on a CPM (continuous passive motion) machine or whether his doctor used irradiated allografts to remove all infectious agents, which are often donated from the patella tendon (the current gold standard of ACL reconstruction) of a cadaver.

That is correct. Brady could have knee tissue from a dead guy.

Tom "Zombie Knee" Brady.

I would have killed myself and donated my tendons if I thought I could help the Pats win next year.

I figured that I'm not a doctor, so no comments were needed, but if you insist:

I'm wonder whether Brady should immediately begin therapy on a CPM (continuous passive motion) machine or whether his doctor used irradiated allografts to remove all infectious agents, which are often donated from the patella tendon (the current gold standard of ACL reconstruction) of a cadaver.

That is correct. Brady could have knee tissue from a dead guy.

Tom "Zombie Knee" Brady.

I would have killed myself and donated my tendons if I thought I could help the Pats win next year.

ROFLROFLROFL

A life on the Planet w/o Hawg? We couldn't have it!

Having been through the procedure though, the cadaver angle is always looked upon as the second best option. Surgeons will generally tell you you're better off using the graft from your own patella or hamstring tendon. There is always a chance of your body rejecting the cadaver material, actually attacking it with your own white blood cells! Then you're back at square one.

ROFLROFLROFL

A life on the Planet w/o Hawg? We couldn't have it!

Having been through the procedure though, the cadaver angle is always looked upon as the second best option. Surgeons will generally tell you you're better off using the graft from your own patella or hamstring tendon. There is always a chance of your body rejecting the cadaver material, actually attacking it with your own white blood cells! Then you're back at square one.

What buzzkill you are.

:coffee:

I probably had some people believing Brady had a zombie knee and you have to go and pull a Dr. Schrute on us.

Some people.

:cop:

What buzzkill you are.

I probably had some people believing Brady had a zombie knee and you have to go and pull a Dr. Schrute on us.

Some people.

Zombie Knee :shake:

I was actually born with extra tendons that control my junk, and after determining that Tom and I are a match, I was able to donate these extra tendons for use in his knee. His knee's motion range will now increase both up and down, side-to-side, and in and out. He will now be a better QB than before, if that is possible.

So, the next time you guys see Brady on the field, with an extra spring in his step, think of my junk. :)

What buzzkill you are.

Some people.

Just doin' what I can to save the Planet from a needless loss of the Hawg!

I was actually born with extra tendons that control my junk, and after determining that Tom and I are a match, I was able to donate these extra tendons for use in his knee. His knee's motion range will now increase both up and down, side-to-side, and in and out. He will now be a better QB than before, if that is possible.

So, the next time you guys see Brady on the field, with an extra spring in his step, think of my junk. :)

So the next time he scrambles and jukes Urlacher out of his jock it will all be attributed to your junk?

I can't watch football anymore now.

Maybe I can finally catch up on Lost...

I was actually born with extra tendons that control my junk, and after determining that Tom and I are a match, I was able to donate these extra tendons for use in his knee.

:blink: You could make your junk dance like a puppet, and you gave up that ability?!? Are you nuts?!?

thanx 4 teh info Chief Frozen Bag o' Peas :rolleyes:

I think what NSJ was getting to w/ her OP was to gage whether or not Patriots Nation is worried how TB's surgery went.......will his rehab be fraught w/ concerns........what kind of scheduling checkpoints datewise between now and next years TC will we look to to determine how the knee-health of The Franchise is --- etc. etc. etc.

not whether certain Planeteers
would have offed themselves to provide cadaver parts to aid TFB :spock:

or

they had the exact same surgery having injured themselves during rough-sex role play while completing a FiOS install for some lonely MILF somewheres :blink:

or

they keep up the illusion of having some supernaturally & freakishly large male genitalia endowment that they feel compelled to speak about as if they really had such a burden we all know they would actually be in some mid-West traveling carnival show anyways charging a buck-a-throw to see, terms negotiable to touch it and therefore unable to be posting about and bragging onnit here all the time and not even showing any tidy-whitey pics for some to determine size. weight etc., independently of the bragging poser's constant sales pitches here :blah:

am I right, NSJ??

I think what NSJ was getting to w/ her OP was to gage whether or not Patriots Nation is worried how TB's surgery went.......will his rehab be fraught w/ concerns........what kind of scheduling checkpoints datewise between now and next years TC will we look to to determine how the knee-health of The Franchise is --- etc. etc. etc.

or

they had the exact same surgery having injured themselves during rough-sex role play while completing a FiOS install for some lonely MILF somewheres :blink:

or

they keep up the illusion of having some supernaturally & freakishly large male genitalia endowment that they feel compelled to speak about as if they really had such a burden we all know they would actually be in some mid-West traveling carnival show anyways charging a buck-a-throw to see, terms negotiable to touch it and therefore unable to be posting about and bragging onnit here all the time and not even showing any tidy-whitey pics for some to determine size. weight etc., independently of the bragging poser's constant sales pitches here :blah:

am I right, NSJ??

Wow, Irish Boy is a little teste this morning ;)

or

or

am I right, NSJ??

Glad to see your back and in true form!!!

Gently now young-in, why are comments needed? We knew this was coming, and for all the source's report is good news, we really won't know anything before next Spring's OTAs. Say your prayers for him and while your at it, for the O-line heading into San Diego.
Thanks for being gentle. was it as good for you as it was for me? :)

Back