BuckWild has returned from his adventures

BuckWild

Sum Ergo Cogito
Reaction score
Hey all. Just dropping in to let everyone know that I made it back safe and sound. I actually got back to Ft Hood on 27 March. I would have posted sooner but I have been really enjoying the time with my wife and daughter. It was a very long year without seeing them. I can't tell you how great it is to be home!

Now on to business. I have learned that whenever I am overseas the Pats win the SB. I actually got to watch it though and it was great. How fitting for it to be won on a Vinatieri kick. I love it. Now this Corey Dillon thing is AWESOME! I have liked him since he started with the Bengals and actually wished for the Pats to try to get him when he first expressed a desire to leave Cinnci a couple years ago. What an addition to the team. I can't wait to see our offense work now. Of course the Law situation bothers me. Not so much that he wishes to leave the team but the manner in which he is doing it. He has always been one of my favorites because he seemed so team and winning focused, but now I truly can't stand him. His comments, "a man has to eat," have irritated me to no end. Wish I had those problems.

On a very sad note, I am sure all you know by now about the death of Pat Tillman. This hurts in several ways. First because he is the exact opposite of athletes like Law. Tillman didn't do what he did for the money, he did it because it was the right thing to do. He saw our country as something much bigger then himself and was willing to sacrifice his comfort for it. Mostly it hurts because he was a brother in arms. A volunteer in the US Armed Forces who made the ultimate sacrifice, as too many of my fellow service members have. I am sad today.

I shall now step off my soapbox with one final request to all my friends here. Regardless of your political or religious beliefs please remember the fallen soldiers, and their families, who made the sacrifice so we can live free in the best damn country in the world.

LIVE FREE OR DIE! My home state motto.

BuckWild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey brotha

I never talked to you as I only arrived to the Planet in Nov of '03, but I'm glad you made it back safe and sound. I hope the rest of the pack can come home the same way soon...

Thanks for doin' your thing (you and everyone else in the military).

See you around...

Buck,

Welcome back. I am glad that you made it back safe and sound and thought your comments about politics were dead on.

I'll leave it at that for now and look forward to kicking it around with you on here in the future.

By the way - THANK YOU for your service to our country.

First off, let me say thank you for serving our country.

I remember you came back briefly for like a week or maybe shorter in my earlier. Wlecome back and enjoy the non war life!

WELCOME BACK BW!!!! :toast:Glad to see you made it home...and back to Ft Hood too.;)

Hope to see ya around often.

Thanks for doing what you do. And thank your wife for supporting you. I know how hard it is to be a military wife...she deserves a hug!

From another newbie here that you don't know,

Welcome Back and Thanks for your service to America!!!

:thumb: :clap:
________
Daimler Fleetline

It's great to hear from you.

As all have said, thanks for your service. I hope you enjoy your reunion with your family.

We'll have a toast for you tomorrow at the Planet draft party (and one for Pat Tillman and all those serving as well).

Welcome back. Glad you're home safe.

I can't imagine how great it must feel to come home to your family after that much time away...and at the same time feel so sad for your comrades that won't.

Your life has probably been changed forever.

Welcome home Buck, I couldn't imagine how tough it was being away from your family let alone the surroundings that you were in. I get a wonderful greeting from my children daily after work and that warms my heart.

Thanks to all the men and women of our military for protecting us...and others.

Hey, Buckwild/Larry!!
Thanks for responding to my pm to you and letting me/us know that you are HOME safe and sound, man!
I thought of you earlier today, when I heard the news about Pat Tillman and then, lo & behold, I get a pm from you!
Thank you for all that you and your comrades have done. Having grown up in a military family, I have the utmost respect for those that serve this great country of ours.
Long live the motto of your native state: Live Free or Die!...
Rock on, my courageous fellow Pats fan! -Peg :)
p.s.--we'll be sure and drink a toast to you and those that have fallen, when we gather tomorrow at the draft party... Remember last year, right before you left to go to the Middle East and we/I cancelled our Planeteer gathering? You wanted us all to carry on and enjoy the freedoms that our country affords us, so we re-grouped and planned the draft day party... Thank you for giving us the courage and the direction to not only appreciate, but to partake of and enjoy the freedoms that we have... You are an inspiration, man! :) :thumb:

The lose of Pat Tillman in Afganistan made both the conflicts in Afganistan and Iraq seem a lot closer.

It's great to have you back, BuckWild! Thank you for your service to our country.

Someone just forwarded an e-mail to me that I'd like to share with you. Honestly, I'm not posting this to promote any political views. I just think it's important to recognize some of the valuable accomplishments of you and your fellow members of the Armed Forces.
In a message dated 4/23/2004 5:28:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
walleye236@pldi.net writes:
(This is from a National Guardsman from Denison, Iowa - back on
leave)

As I head off to Baghdad for the final weeks of my stay in Iraq, I
wanted to say thanks to all of you who did not believe the media.
They have done a very poor job of covering everything that has
happened. I am sorry that I have not been able to visit all of you
during my two week leave back home. And just so you can rest at
night knowing something is happening in Iraq that is noteworthy, I
thought I would pass this on to you. This is the list of things
that
has happened in Iraq recently: (Please share it with your friends
and
compare it to the version that your paper is producing)!!

-Over 4.5 million people have clean drinking water for the first
time
ever in Iraq.
-Over 400,000 kids have up to date immunizations.

-Over 1500 schools have been renovated and ridded of the weapons
that
were
stored there so education can occur.
-The port of Uhm Qasar was renovated so grain can be off loaded from
ships faster.
-School attendance is up 80% from levels before the war.
-The country had it's first 2 billion barrel export of oil in
August.
-The country now receives 2 times the electrical power it did before
the war
-100% of the hospitals are open and fully staffed compared to 35%
before the war.
-Elections are taking place in every major city and city councils
are
in place.
-Sewer and water lines are installed in every major city.
-Over 60,000 police are patrolling the streets.
-Over 100,000 Iraqi civil defense police are securing the country.
-Over 80,000 Iraqi soldiers are patrolling the streets side by side
with US soldiers.
-Over 400,000 people have telephones for the first time ever.
-Students are taught field sanitation and hand washing techniques to
prevent the spread of germs.
-An interim constitution has been signed.
-Girls are allowed to attend school for the first time ever in Iraq.
-Text books that don't mention Saddam are in the schools for the
first time in 30 years.

Don't believe for one second that these people do not want us there.
I have met many many people from Iraq that want us there and in a
bad
way. They say they will never see the freedoms we talk about but
they hope their children will. We are doing a good job in Iraq and
I
challenge anyone, anywhere to dispute me on these facts.

So If you happen to run into John Kerry, be sure to give him my
email
address and send him to Denison, Iowa. This soldier will set him
straight. If you are like me and very disgusted with how this period
of rebuilding has been portrayed, email this to a friend and let
them
know there are good things happening.

Ray Reynolds, SFC
Iowa Army National Guard
234th Signal Battalion

Welcome home Buck! I gotta tell you, I was worried 'bout you there man! It's been a while and I'm psyched for you and your family.

I just spent the last 8 days in Watertown, NY, very near Fort Drum. Seems like half the population of the city is military there. Sitting around in the bar listening to these very young guys' stories about what they've already been through made me feel very blessed and lucky that guys like you put yourselves at risk for the good of our country. These "kids" were way too young to go through what they have already been through and it sure made my problems seem trivial.

Again, welcome home Buckwild!!!!!!!!!!

BuckWild said:
Hey all. Just dropping in to let everyone know that I made it back safe and sound. I actually got back to Ft Hood on 27 March. I would have posted sooner but I have been really enjoying the time with my wife and daughter. It was a very long year without seeing them. I can't tell you how great it is to be home!

Hey BuckWild,

Glad to see you back safe and sound! We were worried when you didn't show up for awhile. Great to have you back.

BuckWild said:

LIVE FREE OR DIE! My home state motto.

Welcome back to the great state of NH Buck. I was wondering when we didn't hear from you around Christmas time what was going on. I know you said you expected to have a short furlow here stateside around that time. Glad to have you back now. If you ride, and I believe you do, I would like to hook up with you at Bike week. Maybe it could be arranged??
Great to have you back, Runnerone!

Welcome back Buck.
Thank you for your service to your country.

Re: Re: BuckWild has returned from his adventures

runnerone said:
Welcome back to the great state of NH Buck. I was wondering when we didn't hear from you around Christmas time what was going on. I know you said you expected to have a short furlough here stateside around that time. Glad to have you back now. If you ride, and I believe you do, I would like to hook up with you at Bike week. Maybe it could be arranged??
Great to have you back, Runnerone!

Hey runner, thanks for the welcome back. The "short furlough" never happened for me. Just before I was scheduled to leave for a couple weeks, I transferred to another unit, and I had to fight like hell just to get my new soldiers home, and all of them didn't get to go.

You are correct about me riding, 2000 John Deere green flamed SuperGlide. Bought it while I was stationed in Germany. As for meeting up for Bike Week, as much as I would love to make it home for the festivities this year, being stationed in Texas is going to make it impossible. I am taking a long ride here shortly though. In a couple weeks I will ride to Nashville (wife's family) then to Florida (my parents) and back to Ft Hood. Hopefully next year I will still be in the states and can plan a trip back for bike week. We should stay in touch so we can hook up sometime. the only thing better than a Sunday ride is watching the Pats smoke someone on the field.

Go Pats!!!

Hate to sound like an outsider...but you guys would not be talking about Bike Week in Daytona Florida?

BionicPatriot said:
Hate to sound like an outsider...but you guys would not be talking about Bike Week in Daytona Florida?

Actually Bionic, we are talking about Bike Week in NH, home of the oldest continuously run motorcycle race in the country. The only motorcycle gathering larger than the one in NH is Daytona, and they aren't much bigger. Up until a few years ago it was just a weekend event, but finally it hit someone that if the state makes this much money in just 2 days, imagine what 7 would bring in. It was always a yearly tradition to attend until I joined the Army.

Go Pats!!!
BuckWild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dropKickMurphy said:
It's great to have you back, BuckWild! Thank you for your service to our country.

Someone just forwarded an e-mail to me that I'd like to share with you. Honestly, I'm not posting this to promote any political views. I just think it's important to recognize some of the valuable accomplishments of you and your fellow members of the Armed Forces.

Thanks for posting this dKM. I didn't watch much of the news while I was there, but being back and watching the news reports I am left wondering about our media. I was responsible for paying local contractors for more than a dozen different projects just around the city of Tikrit. These were schools, hospitals, water treatment facilities, etc. It's amazing how none of that makes the news. We have spent more improving the conditions for the people of Iraq than most would believe.

Go Pats!!!

Back