Calling all computer nerds.

AnOldTroll

Russel brand
Reaction score
Something very strange has happened.
Can anyone give me an explanation?
Or maybe its just a miracle!!!

Back in Nov of 2014 after coming back from the Holiday. I go to turn on my computer and I get the sad mac guy with blue death screen. I tried to everything recommended to get the hard drive to boot. Nothing worked.
I finally ended up taking the computer to the local nerd group who tested it and told me sorry, we can't get it to start up either, (I wanted to get the info on it recovered and transferred or something.) Something about bearings shot, if I recall correctly. My decision was to just buy a new one. I left the old hard drive in its spot and installed a new hard drive in the other slot. I had lost alot of stuff because I was an idiot and didn't back up consistently.

Today, almost 2 years later, when I started up the computer all of a sudden I have a choice of 2 hard drives!! It's working again.
The weird part is I was thinking about some old jobs I designed and wish I still had them. WTF? A miracle? Seriously how could it all of a sudden work again?

Back in Nov of 2014 after coming back from the Holiday. I go to turn on my computer and I get the sad mac guy with blue death screen. I tried to everything recommended to get the hard drive to boot. Nothing worked.
I finally ended up taking the computer to the local nerd group who tested it and told me sorry, we can't get it to start up either, (I wanted to get the info on it recovered and transferred or something.) Something about bearings shot, if I recall correctly. My decision was to just buy a new one. I left the old hard drive in its spot and installed a new hard drive in the other slot. I had lost alot of stuff because I was an idiot and didn't back up consistently.

Today, almost 2 years later, when I started up the computer all of a sudden I have a choice of 2 hard drives!! It's working again.
The weird part is I was thinking about some old jobs I designed and wish I still had them. WTF? A miracle? Seriously how could it all of a sudden work again?

Just grateful.

so many pics i thought i lost forever.

Somewhere in your youth or childhood you must have done something good. :coffee:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UetJAFogqE4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers

Not a computer nerd by any stretch but that's awesome that you somehow recovered the "lost" hard drive.

The computer gods have given you another chance. As hard drives are mechanical also, it could be dead again as suddenly as it has returned.

Grab that data now!
tumblr_m0mwpkNXNF1qm5rpb.gif

There are a couple possibilities, but it's VERY unlikely to last.

Copy off everything you want ASAP!!!

That is all.

The interwebs are starting the takeover.

They've developed intelligence and the fist step will be to repair themselves to increase their power... check

The next step will be to manipulate the Humans into destroying themselves, Hill v Don?... check

I estimate we're about 18 months from destruction or servitude. Take the blue pill.

The interwebs are starting the takeover.

They've developed intelligence and the fist step will be to repair themselves to increase their power... check

The next step will be to manipulate the Humans into destroying themselves, Hill v Don?... check

I estimate we're about 18 months from destruction or servitude. Take the blue pill.

Judgement Day, when the computers, machines, and Terminators take over.

:rolleyes:

BTW, going forward, please remember to use the term, geeks. Thanks.

528bcabc1397c63498cc16c059f704dd.jpg

:)

Back