Cam Newton Face of Concussions instead of Face of NFL

Mazz22

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies.
Reaction score
Boy, what a difference a season makes. Last Feb., ManninHGH said Cam would be the face of the NFL for the next 10 years. So far this season, he has been the face of concussions. The NFL's worst nightmare. Teams have figured out to hit him hard and often kind of like Hack a Shaq back in the day.

Could not happen to a better league.

The Broncos humiliated the Panthers in the Super Bow, and all but broke Cam.You could almost see it in his eyes. I'll say it again, I'll be surprised if he ever makes it deep in the playoffs again. He is a showboat, not an NFL QB.

The Panthers really miss Josh Norman.

Their OL is abysmal.

Probably the reason they are talking to the browns about Joe Thomas.

If he didn't just coast in the endzone he would have avoided the concussion
he has now.

Also on the safety against the Vikes he had rb wide open in the flat.

OL is part of the problem but he just isn't playing good ball right now.

Many NFL personnel folks think Newton may have his career shortened a lot due to the concussions. From BR:

The hit Newton took to the head against Atlanta was scary, and considering all of the other hits he's endured this year alone, the concern among some team officials (not on the Panthers) is that those head shots are shortening his career.

One AFC front-office executive said he'd be stunned if Newton lasted longer than five more years in the NFL. He compared Newton to Steve Young, who suffered numerous head injuries throughout his career.

The comparison to Young, and the concern over Newton's long-term career or, hell, his quality of life, isn't isolated to a select few. There are people across the game who are watching closely, and with great worry.

Full article here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e-tom-bradys-revenge-tour-has-nfl-up-at-night

Many NFL personnel folks think Newton may have his career shortened a lot due to the concussions. From BR:

The hit Newton took to the head against Atlanta was scary, and considering all of the other hits he's endured this year alone, the concern among some team officials (not on the Panthers) is that those head shots are shortening his career.

One AFC front-office executive said he'd be stunned if Newton lasted longer than five more years in the NFL. He compared Newton to Steve Young, who suffered numerous head injuries throughout his career.

The comparison to Young, and the concern over Newton's long-term career or, hell, his quality of life, isn't isolated to a select few. There are people across the game who are watching closely, and with great worry.

Full article here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e-tom-bradys-revenge-tour-has-nfl-up-at-night

Knowing what we do about head trauma I'm shocked anyone would keep playing past their second contract.

Knowing what we do about head trauma I'm shocked anyone would keep playing past their second contract.

I think it is happening. We have seen guys leaving early now for the last few years. Watt already talked about retiring in another couple of years. Calvin Johnson left at age 30. I would bet Gronk gets out too.

I think it is happening. We have seen guys leaving early now for the last few years. Watt already talked about retiring in another couple of years. Calvin Johnson left at age 30. I would bet Gronk gets out too.

Good for them I say. Get your money and get out while you can still occasionally find your keys and remember where you live.

Back