Can I get a .... hell yes for .....

Pneumonic

Reaction score

. . . . . . . Michael Buchanan. :toast:

That is all.

His play has been far better than I expected. Good for him!

Just like dennard last year. He just another one of BB late round or UDFA gems.

In addition to his skills that I've mentioned before I saw him throw in a new wrinkle the other night. He showed an unusual "swim" move where he was windmilling his arms quickly and chopping at the tackle's arms to prevent him from locking on.

It didn't result in a pressure on that particular play, but it shows he's learning and trying new techniques which is nice to see. I expected he'd get blown off the line occasionally since he is still so slim, but I've only seen that two or three times in 6 games and a lot of snaps. He seems to lock guys out pretty well even though he's outweighed by 60 pounds by most of them.

He's got a ton of hustle. This kid really wants it. He'll chase people twenty yards away from him and has caught a couple.

So far, I like the new alignment where he plays RDE and Jones slides to RDT. I think it's something we'll feature more going forward and I'm excited to see Buchanan develop into an effective player this soon.

In addition to his skills that I've mentioned before I saw him throw in a new wrinkle the other night. He showed an unusual "swim" move where he was windmilling his arms quickly and chopping at the tackle's arms to prevent him from locking on.

It didn't result in a pressure on that particular play, but it shows he's learning and trying new techniques which is nice to see. I expected he'd get blown off the line occasionally since he is still so slim, but I've only seen that two or three times in 6 games and a lot of snaps. He seems to lock guys out pretty well even though he's outweighed by 60 pounds by most of them.

He's got a ton of hustle. This kid really wants it. He'll chase people twenty yards away from him and has caught a couple.

So far, I like the new alignment where he plays RDE and Jones slides to RDT. I think it's something we'll feature more going forward and I'm excited to see Buchanan develop into an effective player this soon.

It is possible that he is stronger than his frame suggests, either that or he's getting good angles and leverage on opposing linemen.

Yeah, I've been worried about giving Vince a breather and never thought about them simply sliding Jones over and putting in Buchanan. Somewhat solves the depth problem at DT.

NEPDraft says that has been a very effective formation this year.

NEPDraft says that has been a very effective formation this year.

Thanks for the tip. I found the piece and it was quite well done and informative.

It's one thing to sit in my living room and think "I wonder how many snaps they run in the 4-3 versus a 3-4"?, but I'm not going to analyze every play and use screen shots and so forth to answer that question. I'm too lazy.

I would have guessed about 8 snaps of what they call the "Speed Sub 4-2 Nickel" with Buchanan and Jones but it was actually 13. It was also interesting to see that you can't really characterize what the Pats do in 4-3 or 3-4 terms. It's a lot more than that. I see the Pats used sixteen different personnel groupings in the box. Far more than I would have guessed.

Nice job by Oliver Thomas and I'm going to put that site on my radar. Good stuff.

It really makes me wonder if this is how it's always been on D and most of us don't realize it or every season we are moving more in a direction of multiple fronts and personnel.

Thanks for the tip. I found the piece and it was quite well done and informative.

It's one thing to sit in my living room and think "I wonder how many snaps they run in the 4-3 versus a 3-4"?, but I'm not going to analyze every play and use screen shots and so forth to answer that question. I'm too lazy.

I would have guessed about 8 snaps of what they call the "Speed Sub 4-2 Nickel" with Buchanan and Jones but it was actually 13. It was also interesting to see that you can't really characterize what the Pats do in 4-3 or 3-4 terms. It's a lot more than that. I see the Pats used sixteen different personnel groupings in the box. Far more than I would have guessed.

Nice job by Oliver Thomas and I'm going to put that site on my radar. Good stuff.

It really makes me wonder if this is how it's always been on D and most of us don't realize it or every season we are moving more in a direction of multiple fronts and personnel.

No it hasn't been this way although this is apparently where BB has been heading for a few. This is new bc BB is more comfortable with his players this year to carry it out. Oliver has become my favorite analyst (post game) since Bedard and Oliver might actually be better if that's possible.

Also, Erik Frenz has a wonderful photo essay detailing the Jets game wh/ is phenomenal in that it shows each important play and who was at fault for it not working. Brady doesn't come out so good so be warned. Excellent. I posted it but you can google it; I can't remem where I stuck it.

edit: here it is. really good article. http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/goingdeep/2013/09/patriots_take_2_defense_hits_a.html

No it hasn't been this way although this is apparently where BB has been heading for a few. This is new bc BB is more comfortable with his players this year to carry it out. Oliver has become my favorite analyst (post game) since Bedard and Oliver might actually be better if that's possible.

Also, Erik Frenz has a wonderful photo essay detailing the Jets game wh/ is phenomenal in that it shows each important play and who was at fault for it not working. Brady doesn't come out so good so be warned. Excellent. I posted it but you can google it; I can't remem where I stuck it.

edit: here it is. really good article. http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/goingdeep/2013/09/patriots_take_2_defense_hits_a.html

I saw your recommendation, but didn't have time to click it. I'll find it and check it out over morning coffee.

BTW, If he is critical of Brady then it won't offend me or be all that surprising. He did a lot of yelling last week, but he certainly joined the party with mistakes and lousy throws.

I counted 4 or 5 occasions where he threw off the wrong foot (flat-footed, at least) for weak-assed passes, especially the late one that almost got picked off. The best QB of all time just heaved that up like J.P. Losman on Percocet and got away with it. There were others that looked highly suspicious, but I can't be sure what was what in some cases. Naturally.

For some reason, few media members or fans want to critique Brady and tend to blame everything that happens on somebody else as if he is an immortal high Elf incapable of human error. Perfection personified. Either that or they just don't want to get involved in a predictable "how dare you diss Tommy?" donnybrook.

Personally, I don't give a shit what his reputation is I'll be happy to state my opinion if I think he screws up and I feel that he was far from perfect Thursday which made his behavior seem even worse.

Buchanan definitely seems like one of BB's UDFA finds - should be interesting to see his development as he adds weight to his frame.

Thanks for the link. That was also quite well done, although whether or not Dobson or Brady read the coverage incorrectly on the play he detailed is still up in the air, imo. Just from the still frame I see the DB positioned to Dobson's right, so it COULD have called for a curl instead of a flag even though Dobson was able to get open on the flag route. Anyways, it's nice to see the breakdown with highlights and arrows and Eric Frenz states clear opinions with evidence to back them up. Well done.

Also, thanks for the camel toe shot. :jester: I'm sure the eyes of Texas and the whole football world are upon her this week.

:thumb:

Thanks for the link. That was also quite well done, although whether or not Dobson or Brady read the coverage incorrectly on the play he detailed is still up in the air, imo. Just from the still frame I see the DB positioned to Dobson's right, so it COULD have called for a curl instead of a flag even though Dobson was able to get open on the flag route. Anyways, it's nice to see the breakdown with highlights and arrows and Eric Frenz states clear opinions with evidence to back them up. Well done.

Also, thanks for the camel toe shot. :jester: I'm sure the eyes of Texas and the whole football world are upon her this week.

:thumb:

And to help in that effort, I believe this is the woman.

180795630-houston-texans-cheerleaders-perform-during-a-gettyimages.jpg

I'm sure a lot of hard effort and close inspection went into the effort to find this pic.

Well, there are people who, when asked, what is their favorite search engine, answer with my name. :coffee:

The way I found it was to click on the "Find similar images" link under "keywords" at the original link provided by Chevss and select the "cheerleader" catagory.

BTW, doing that I came across another group "Red Foxes", a dance/cheerleading group from the Ukriane. :thumb:

Back