Can someone explain this are belong theme?

FallingAlice

V'Ger
Reaction score
I know it's me. I know it's because I'm just a 40+ year-old-white woman from the midwest with no street cred or Madison Avenue experience, but... what's the deal with the, "all your X are belong to us?"

Can someone please explain?

You can go to the Official Site too, which explains it all.

It's just one of those Internet things that's been around forever. We've done a very good job here at completely bastardizing the whole damn concept.

All your explanations are belong to us.

Adolescent powergaming slang. plain and simple.

I love the fact that you guys bastardize it so well.

dred said:
Adolescent powergaming slang. plain and simple.

I love the fact that you guys bastardize it so well.

Poorly translated adolescent powergaming slang.

All your Manning are belong to us.

Someone set us up the interception.

FallingAlice said:
I'm just a 40+ year-old-white woman from the midwest with no street cred or Madison Avenue experience

word.

Moebius said:
Poorly translated adolescent powergaming slang.

All your Manning are belong to us.

Someone set us up the interception.

flushed.gif

*Sigh*

My god. This goes back all the way to 2001? :doh:

I knew it. One more bit of evidence confirming what I've known for sometime now. I'm now officially "old." :crying:

I'm getting another sick headache. I'm sure it's nothing. Just another perimenopausal symptom.

:Eason:

Re: Re: Can someone explain this are belong theme?

spiderman said:

Thanks, man. Whenever I need to feel better about myself, I'll look your way.

FallingAlice said:
[BI'm getting another sick headache. I'm sure it's nothing. Just another perimenopausal symptom.[/B]

thanks for the warning I will keep my distance until this passes, but read in a poll that some claim sex helps relieve the "symptoms" so I suggest you try it, for medical reasons only.

FallingAlice said:
*Sigh*

My god. This goes back all the way to 2001? :doh:

I knew it. One more bit of evidence confirming what I've known for sometime now. I'm now officially "old." :crying:

I'm getting another sick headache. I'm sure it's nothing. Just another perimenopausal symptom.

:Eason:

Puh-lease. Unlike us, you probably have a life Alice. Just look at it as finding out about it the efficient way without having wasted any of your time (or at least not too much time). :thumb:

And being 41 is hardly old. It better not be, 'cause Annihilus is approaching 40 himself. Getting older kicks ass IAO.

mikiemo83 said:
thanks for the warning I will keep my distance until this passes, but read in a poll that some claim sex helps relieve the "symptoms" so I suggest you try it, for medical reasons only.

Yes, it's very good advice. Of course, it may just be the Vitamin D and calcium I'm taking. Hard to say.

So...I guess we'll be touching base in about 5-6 years from now.

Annihilus said:
Puh-lease. Unlike us, you probably have a life Alice. Just look at it as finding out about it the efficient way without having wasted any of your time (or at least not too much time). :thumb:

And being 41 is hardly old. It better not be, 'cause Annihilus is approaching 40 himself. Getting older kicks ass IAO.

Only 41? She's a young'un.

Annihilus said:

I'm not certain that it's that I have a life as much as I'm... oh forget it... I was just about to come up with something really stupid and sexist.

Actually, I do enjoy getting older. Life gets better and better. For me, at least. And let me tell you, I am really looking forward to menopause. But the getting there is strange to say the least. Hot flashes are just...weird.

It's a very funny thing because I am now in the stage of life where friends send their children to me for "Informational Interviews" and I look at these young college graduates and I feel so very maternal.

Alice,

If it makes you feel any better the whole "base" thing escaped me too.

Even worse, I've been to some of those websites and am STILL a little vague on the whole thing.

Then again, I never understood why my Mother liked to listen to Sid Feller's More music to break a lease.

Some things apparently don't translate between generations.

Hawg73 said:
Alice...

Even worse, I've been to some of those websites and am STILL a little vague on the whole thing.

Then again, I never understood why my Mother liked to listen to Sid Feller's More music to break a lease.

Some things apparently don't translate between generations.

Candidly, I'm still a little vague, too. But I accept it now as a persistent state of mind.

Sid Feller? You're lucky. My parents were Montivani fans. I remember many a long car trip listening to Montivani on 8-track tape. If you changed the tracks often enough, the whole tape would get screwed up so that you might hear Theme from the Moulin Rouge dubbed slightly over The Windmills of Your Mind. It had a very strange effect.

All this being said, I saw a VH-1 documentary on Andy Williams the other day. What a voice Andy had, eh? Too bad about that whole Spider Savage - Claudine Longet thing.

Do you think she was guilty?

Back