Can the Patriots retake the AFC East?

magoo

Reaction score
http://www.2010-super-bowl.com/afc-east/AFC_E_news.html

With most of the preseason predictions out, experts seem to be tripping over themselves to pick the New England Patriots to retake the AFC East division in 2009. And, why not? By all accounts, All Pro quarterback, Tom Brady will be back. In many analyst’s mind, that in itself, should be enough to propel them to another Super Bowl. Much of this confidence seems to be based on what happened in 2007. It makes me wonder if any of these pundits watched what happened in the AFC East in 2008?

"the New York Jets...are going have a lot to say about who wins the division"

stopped reading right there

"the New York Jets...are going have a lot to say about who wins the division"

stopped reading right there

Pretty arrogant seeing that the Jets beat the Pats at home last season while scoring 34 points. LOL

I don 't know the Jets scare me...

And I know that all the boys down in Foxboro feel the same way. The sweat on the brow, the "icky" feeling in my stomach....Those Jets are just beasts...

Oh wait.....

Nevermind.

The defense has improved, but I don't see them doing a whole lot. This year will be another typical year for your average Jets fan.

"Oh, we got this guy, and that guy! We're gonna own the division!!!"

Then halfway through the year it'll be...

"G*DFNDAMMMIT!!!!!I've been a Jets fan for way too long! I can't take this anymore! Why can't we ever do anything right!!!"

Preseason champs every year, that's what it's like to be a Jets fan.

*Game played in a Bradyless season

Cassel had a remarkable day he was 30 of 51 good for 400 yards and 3 TDs..
You just can't do better than that.

This is what happens when you can't stop the opponent.

Denial runs thick here i see!!!

Pretty arrogant seeing that the Jets beat the Pats at home last season while scoring 34 points. LOL

why do i care that the 2008 jets beat the 2008 pats? we're talking about the 2009 season, no? the two qbs who played in that game are no longer even in the AFCE.

You mean the game that the pats came back into overtime and lost due to the coin toss? Ohh yea... was Brady there?

Cassel had a remarkable day he was 30 of 51 good for 400 yards and 3 TDs..
You just can't do better than that.

This is what happens when you can't stop the opponent.

Denial runs thick here i see!!!
then what is your answer to this conundrum Mr. magoo? :huh::shrug: :spock: :confused:

You mean the game that the pats came back into overtime and lost due to the coin toss? Ohh yea... was Brady there?

Ummmmm Ur D gave up 30 freeeekin four points to that juggernaut Jet offense... An read above Cassel threw for 400 yards and 3 TDs... Suppose Brady would have done better?

The Jets Drafted a new young stud, and studly, QB. They may also have a certain Plaxico Burress in their recieving core for half the season.

The Bills just brought in the greatest WR in the league.

The Dolphins are perfecting the Wildcat and have a certain Chad Pennington after a year of learning the offense.

The Patriots are a year older, got rid of a great young QB, a veteran LB, one of the best front office guys in the business, a spunky young O.C., and are bringing back a QB that just had season ending knee surgery.

Pretty much, if the Patriots don't finish in the basement this year I will be shocked.

Ummmmm Ur D gave up 30 freeeekin four points to that juggernaut Jet offense... An read above Cassel threw for 400 yards and 3 TDs... Suppose Brady would have done better?

No, last year's D gave up 30 points. It was also a fluke. It's what in statistics is called "the outlier." For example...the Jets' scoring output in the 10 games against the Patriots prior to that flukey 34: 10, 10, 14, 16, 17, 17, 21, 3, 7, 7. That's an average of 12.2 ppg by the mighty Jets. Or, what Tom Brady calls "two drives."

then what is your answer to this conundrum Mr. magoo? :huh::shrug: :spock: :confused:

Sorry for disappointing you Grader nothin personal.

Anyway the answer in my humble opinion is the Pats need to play better D period. You cannot allow teams to score by the pass as often as the Pats did last year. They ranked 31st in the league in that department. Need to improve the pass rush as well.

Were I a Patriot fan i would truely be concerned about the 48 sacks the O line gave up. Not good for the general health of the QB returning from a rebuilt knee...

Another concern is that the Patriots needed to rally against the Seahawks The Seahawks?

The Patriots were

Yeah I think they can manage it, but why is a jets fan asking this question, your team finished below the pats. Come back when you team means something again. What do other fans expect when they come over here and ask these questions? Oh, well we hope the pats will give it a good ol try but the jets are such juggernauts we can only hope to stay in the game with them.:rolleyes:

Sorry for disappointing you Grader nothin personal.

Anyway the answer in my humble opinion is the Pats need to play better D period. You cannot allow teams to score by the pass as often as the Pats did last year. They ranked 31st in the league in that department. Need to improve the pass rush as well.

Were I a Patriot fan i would truely be concerned about the 48 sacks the O line gave up. Not good for the general health of the QB returning from a rebuilt knee...

Another concern is that the Patriots needed to rally against the Seahawks The Seahawks?

The Patriots were

You mean a new QB who never started a game got sacked 48 times? Yeah I guess the same oline forgot how to block, could of had nothing to do with a new QB being in there. The jets will damn sure find that out this year.

Yes i expect a good fight by the jets and the fins before we beat them.

Yeah I think they can manage it, but why is a jets fan asking this question, your team finished below the pats. Come back when you team means something again. What do other fans expect when they come over here and ask these questions? Oh, well we hope the pats will give it a good ol try but the jets are such juggernauts we can only hope to stay in the game with them.:rolleyes:

Ummmm I am not a Jets fan whatsoever!!! The Juggernaut label was uttered in sarcasm...

Try again!!!

Back