Can there be a Broncos are gonna kill Osweiler thread?

yackittysacks

Reaction score
Not sure if this is appropriate? (not a Denver forum) And we're only 1 game into week six. But it just dawned on me that Houston comes to Denver next Monday. Yep, Monday. The Broncos get something like 12 days until there next game. That's almost like a buy. And a home game against Osweiler. The dude might be in for a long night. Or maybe a lacerated spleen or something. If I was a betting man, I'd put a $1 on the Broncos. :coffee:

Not sure if this is appropriate? (not a Denver forum) And we're only 1 game into week six. But it just dawned on me that Houston comes to Denver next Monday. Yep, Monday. The Broncos get something like 12 days until there next game. That's almost like a buy. And a home game against Osweiler. The dude might be in for a long night. Or maybe a lacerated spleen or something. If I was a betting man, I'd put a $1 on the Broncos. :coffee:

Well maybe he wakes from his slumber to knock yall to 4-3

I would worry more about the putrid Donk offense scoring some points than whether or not the D can hurt Osweiler.

Semen looked way below average last night. Your O-line is playing dirtier than ever. D. Thomas had some serious alligator arms on a few targets. Sanders got his bell rung and might be feeling the effects of those hits for a few weeks.

Interesting topic of discussion you choose after your Broncos lose their 2nd consecutive game.

:coffee:

Interesting topic of discussion you choose after your Broncos lose their 2nd consecutive game.

:coffee:

No kidding. My first thought would be "how are we going to score?" Followed by "if Kubes is really ill our season is over." That game last night was one of the worst performances I have witnessed against a Charger team just begging for Denver to steal if from that at the end and Denver still did nothing.

This is Oakland's division if they can stay the course.

I think you're legitimate enough at this point to start whatever thread you want.

The Donks should be thanking their lucky stars right now that they have the extra time off, couldn't come at a better time for them. The Pats shut Os out, wouldn't be overly surprised to see you guys do the same...

...but you better find a way to plug that hole in the middle of your D-line first. If crap-ass bottom feeders like San Diego and Atlanta (I don't care what their record is now, let's see where they finish) can run on you, imagine what's going to happen when you start playing teams like the Pats or the Steelers.

No kidding. My first thought would be "how are we going to score?" Followed by "if Kubes is really ill our season is over." That game last night was one of the worst performances I have witnessed against a Charger team just begging for Denver to steal if from that at the end and Denver still did nothing.

This is Oakland's division if they can stay the course.

I agree with your point on Oakland and I've been saying all season so far that they're going to be good this year. They have a really good OL and Carr looks good at the QB position. These aren't your father's Raiders as it appears their front office situation is now competent.

Just imagine if SD didn't settle for 4FGs last night :coffee:

I think you're legitimate enough at this point to start whatever thread you want.

The Donks should be thanking their lucky stars right now that they have the extra time off, couldn't come at a better time for them. The Pats shut Os out, wouldn't be overly surprised to see you guys do the same...

...but you better find a way to plug that hole in the middle of your D-line first. If crap-ass bottom feeders like San Diego and Atlanta (I don't care what their record is now, let's see where they finish) can run on you, imagine what's going to happen when you start playing teams like the Pats or the Steelers.

Houston has a pretty good run game with Lamar Miller. The middle of the Denver D has been suspect all season. The defensive players they lost is showing itself in the run game and the fact that Von Miller gets winded every other possession and has to come out is not helping them.

Houston has a pretty good run game with Lamar Miller. The middle of the Denver D has been suspect all season. The defensive players they lost is showing itself in the run game and the fact that Von Miller gets winded every other possession and has to come out is not helping them.

You can't win with defense the way they did last year more than one time. The middle of their D-line is small. Their defense is built to be fast sideline to sideline and reduce YAC against offenses like the Pats.

You can't win with defense the way they did last year more than one time. The middle of their D-line is small. Their defense is built to be fast sideline to sideline and reduce YAC against offenses like the Pats.

Yeah. Their offense has been worse the last 2 games than even last year which I did not think was possible. Everything fell right for them last year as well in many close games and thanks to the Pats, teams have figured out how to move the ball on that defense.

I think at this point we have to legitimately put Denver/Elway in the mix as a team looking to trade for Jimmy G. I know they just spent at 1 on Lynch but Elway has to see the guy is better off on the bench than in the line up.

Yeah. Their offense has been worse the last 2 games than even last year which I did not think was possible. Everything fell right for them last year as well in many close games and thanks to the Pats, teams have figured out how to move the ball on that defense.

I think at this point we have to legitimately put Denver/Elway in the mix as a team looking to trade for Jimmy G. I know they just spent at 1 on Lynch but Elway has to see the guy is better off on the bench than in the line up.

It really goes to show you how much of the QB position is mental. Physically, ManniHGH was a shadow of himself last year, but the mind was still there and he was able to move the offense into reasonably advantageous positions on the field most of the time. Semen and Lynch together don't possess a synapse's worth of the same knowledge and it's starting to show. Denver could be well on their way to an '02 Pats type of season.

It really goes to show you how much of the QB position is mental. Physically, ManniHGH was a shadow of himself last year, but the mind was still there and he was able to move the offense into reasonably advantageous positions on the field most of the time. Semen and Lynch together don't possess a synapse's worth of the same knowledge and it's starting to show. Denver could be well on their way to an '02 Pats type of season.

Over on the MANE some want Elway to get ManninHGH out of retirement. lol. Some want to trade for Romo. Double lol.

You are right and we have said this since last year as bad as ManninHGH was physically, he had it together mentally and often put that offense in the right play. He also led 5 GWDs last year so he was good in crunch time to help them get to that 12-4 record and the one seed which was critical to their run to the SB. All and all everything fell right for them. Very different story this year. They need Kubes back as that STs coach has no CLUE.

Over on the MANE some want Elway to get ManninHGH out of retirement. lol. Some want to trade for Romo. Double lol.

You are right and we have said this since last year as bad as ManninHGH was physically, he had it together mentally and often put that offense in the right play. He also led 5 GWDs last year so he was good in crunch time to help them get to that 12-4 record and the one seed which was critical to their run to the SB. All and all everything fell right for them. Very different story this year. They need Kubes back as that STs coach has no CLUE.

why WOULDN'T you want to trade for the greatest clutch QB of all time? :coffee:

why WOULDN'T you want to trade for the greatest clutch QB of all time? :coffee:

Right. I think we give something like 7 picks for him.

This was a shitty game no doubt. But the timing was a big reason. If it wasn't a short week, I think we would have been more ready. If we had our HC, they would have played better. Getting our 2nd year starter back, on a short week, w/o the HC, this was not really surprising.

This was a shitty game no doubt. But the timing was a big reason. If it wasn't a short week, I think we would have been more ready. If we had our HC, they would have played better. Getting our 2nd year starter back, on a short week, w/o the HC, this was not really surprising.

The short week hurt no doubt and not having Kubes was even more brutal. That being said, the game looked just like the Falcons game on both sides. As you know, the NFL is a copy cat league. You can expect defenses to continue to take away all the deep throws and outs and make Siemian check down which he seems all too happy to do. You can also expect a ton of runs up the middle and WRs stacked to get the quick crossing routes and seam patterns.

The teams that contend in Dec/Jan are able to adjust to teams that figure them out after the first month. We will see if Kubes and company can do that.

Here's your test-

Houston runs the ball really well. Atlanta handled your D-line at the point of attack with the run. Expect more of the same from Houston.

On offense, Houston has some talent rushing the passer. At this point, your O-line looks about like ours did last year.

This one is huge for your season. A loss drops you to 4-3 and potentially puts you on the outside looking in. A win and you keep pace with Oakland. This will be a character-defining moment.

Yeah really I've gotta blame it on poor coaching. I know it's a short week and he's not an actual head coach etc etc etc, but really the only reason the game was as close as it was is because San Diego's offensive playcalling (whoever is to blame there, whether HC or OC) reverts to "ineffectual run, ineffectual run, ineffectual pass, punt" when they have a lead in the 3rd / 4th quarter, and that keeps their defense on the field pretty much perpetually.

Add to that the way their defense really runs out of gas (not sure if they don't have enough guys to sub, it's a conditioning thing, or if they just don't put enough pressure up to create the kind of quick plays that don't result in them running half the field every play) and I can definitely see why SD has blown their leads in prior games.

When your only hope of getting back in a game is the other team having terrible coaching / playcalling, your only offense comes with holding penalties every play, and your defense only defends the most obvious and terrible of playcalling, it's not a good look. It speaks to a lack of preparation and discipline, both of which fall squarely on the coaching staff.

(As a Lions fan, trust me, I know the look :) )

So, in all, maybe the Broncos get Kubiak back and thoroughly dominate the Texans. Maybe they don't, and they get dominated instead. If I were a betting man, I'd hold off on making any wagers until I know who is in the building on Monday / Tuesday and setting the tone and pace for preparation for the upcoming game. Even if Kubiak is back for the game, if he's not back for the week of prep, I really don't see a Broncos win.

Back