Carson Palmer to Raiders

Yeah. His life sounds way cooler than mine.

I think I need to lie down now.

Being a 1st round bust QB (not named Ryan Leaf, obviously), before this new CBA was adopted - truly is a charmed life.

You suck so bad that you get benched, but they already opened the safe for you. Guaranteed $. Don't even invest it. Put that in a Savings Account and you're set for life.

However, while you were sucking, you showed just enough, or coaches saw just enough of you in college, that when your big contract's over, they want you as a backup on their team. $2mm+ to hold a clipboard. Do that for several years until a team close to where you live signs you. Continue to hold clipboard. Starter gets hurt, finish the game, but the Coaches and Front Office know that, in realty, you're bad, so they trade for someone else to be the starter.

You keep holding a clipboard.

All this time, you've got more money than you could ever spend; so you may as well spend it on hot women. They're usually pretty appreciative about that.

--

So here's the formula we both missed -

Play QB in HS. If you're lucky, you play for a coach who throws the ball all the time.

Play well enough to get recruited by a mid-level team in a Major Conference (Like a Purdue, not an Indiana).

Sit behind the starters until your senior year. Lobby to throw the ball a lot.

The team's record is completely irrelevant, because you threw for 4500 yds and 30 TDs or whatever.

Get a really good PR guy to hype how awesome you are for ESPN and NFL Network.

A desperate team who needs a QB will draft you in the first round.

--

If I knew then, what I know now... :shake:

Just be sure you can do something physically impressive, yet completely irrelevent like throwing the ball 60 yards from your knees through the uprights.

Ticket. Punched.

Just be sure you can do something physically impressive, yet completely irrelevant like throwing the ball 60 yards from your knees through the uprights.

Ticket. Punched.

Oh yeah. That absolutely helps. At least, that's what JaMarcus Russell told me.

i see them 11-5 easy i mean come on they play denver and KC twice lol they also got min and miami we'll see though

Since we're talking about walks in the dark.....Miami twice, Jets twice and most likely a split with the Bills, KC, Dallas, Denver and the lowly Irsay's once...... :confused:

Do you REALLY want to go there?

Since we're talking about walks in the dark.....Miami twice, Jets twice and most likely a split with the Bills, KC, Dallas, Denver and the lowly Irsay's once...... :confused:

Do you REALLY want to go there?

So where am I trying to go here? I was just commenting on their divisions weakness no more no less plus pointing out a few easy weeks for them. Do you really think buffalo and nyj are just as easy as denver and kc?

So where am I trying to go here? I was just commenting on their divisions weakness no more no less plus pointing out a few easy weeks for them. Do you really think buffalo and nyj are just as easy as denver and kc?

The new and improved Buffalo no, the Jets? Lets face it, they suck. My point is your schedule is one of the easiest in the AFC so pointing out someone else that has an easy ride at a possible 11-5 is somewhat hypocritical.

The new and improved Buffalo no, the Jets? Lets face it, they suck. My point is your schedule is one of the easiest in the AFC so pointing out someone else that has an easy ride at a possible 11-5 is somewhat hypocritical.
Hold up....who are you a fan of?

Palmer may not start after all. Boller has taken 1st string reps this week.

Back