Carson Palmer to Raiders

Annihilus

Zen Powered by Death Buddhists
Reaction score
Reported by Jay Glazer....just heard it on Sirius.

A couple of tweets from Jay:

JayGlazer Jay Glazer
The Raiders & Bengals are close to a trade that would send Carson Palmer to OAK for a first-rounder in 2012 and a conditional pick in future

JayGlazer Jay Glazer
The trade is expected to be completed by deadline. Hue Jackson has a close relationship w Mike Brown and really worked to get Brown to budge

Good for everyone involved. Raiders get a solid QB, Bengals get picks and lose a headache.

Yep, makes complete sense. Works for both teams.

Palmer isn't worth a 1st round by any stretch of the imagination, though. He's never been the same since the knee injury.

Palmer for a 1st is absurd but that's probably all that Brown was going to trade him for. Hopefully it works out for Oakland, but if he's anything like last year it'll be another QB disaster.

Oakland and Cincinnati are on the verge of completing one of the NFL's biggest trade-deadline deals in decades, with the Raiders acquiring holdout quarterback Carson Palmer from the Bengals in exchange for a two first-round picks, according to sources familiar with the deal.

The first first-round pick is in 2012 and the other is a conditional first-round pick in 2013.

From ESPN

Shefter reports the Raiders were exploring a trade for Vince Young, but Hue wanted to be reunited with Palmer.

I wonder if we can send Ochostinko to the radiers for a 2014 1st rounder...

You've gotta be kidding me. Cincy absolutely raped Oakland on this one. Palmer isn't worth a single 3rd rounder, let alone potentially multiple firsts.

I know that team has its first winning season in a decade in their sights, but come on.

Back