Cassel/Vrabel trade?

Hey, not trying to ruffle feathers. I run the Texans MB where it was posted, came over here to see if it was valid and saw nothing.

Posted it just as I would hope someone would cue us in on any breaking news.

:Lwelcome:

breaking news : New york tv station fox 13 is reporting the yankees are finalizing contract extention talks with matt cassel . Yankees and pats have agreed on deal pending cassel contract signing ( 4 years -29.5 million plus performance incentives ) . Yankees official confirms deal is for a-rod.

I can make up things too.

rofl rofl

The Bucs one already has been reported false on my site. Ignore. Sorry for that one.

A new post has arrived from the KC trade:

I am now hearing that the trade is this..

Vrabel, Cassell, and pats (23)1st round pick for Chiefs 3rd overall pick and third round pick.

Hey, not trying to ruffle feathers. I run the Texans MB where it was posted, came over here to see if it was valid and saw nothing.

Posted it just as I would hope someone would cue us in on any breaking news.
Well feathers are ruffled sir, feathers are ruffled!

I hate you

YES I know. But the article says BUCS contract extension and since the WHOLE story is in question this seemed to make it iffy. Anyhooo

Correct, well if it were true it would be. See, he is already under contract with the Pats for this season. Any new contract with another team would be an extension of this original one year deal. Hence an extension. These "etensions" are in reality total rewrites, but somewhere in there will be @$14.5 million in guaranteed money from this year's Pats deal.

I am now hearing that the trade is this..

Vrabel, Cassell, and pats (23)1st round pick for Chiefs 3rd overall pick and third round pick.

Unless the Pats have someone they really want at #3, I don't think they would give up Vrabel, Cassel and their 1st rounder to move up 20 places. Seems like to high a price for me.

Well feathers are ruffled sir, feathers are ruffled!

I hate you

Hey thanks, I guess.

Can't wait to play you guys back again at Reliant. Last time we played you guys we had some great tailgates with Pat fans and a great game (overtime).

Anyways, will keep you updated. Once again, the Bucs one is false, I'm trying to clarify the Chiefs/Cassel talks from a source.

The Bucs one already has been reported false on my site. Ignore. Sorry for that one.

A new post has arrived from the KC trade:

What is the "source" for this one? I mean besides a poster on a Texans board? I appreciate any REAL news because this is the one deal I am actually really WAITING to see what happens with interest.

But if you are just posting what "new" posters on you're board are posting with no source or previous reliable info on trades in the past in your expeience...I think we would all agree her to please save for your board for now.

I for one have work to do and this is keeping me from getting off here thinking I will miss it.

This is not against you at all, I appreciate the "update", just asking that you filter it some if it is just Sh*t against the wall stuff from you're message board. If you honestly feel that it has actual validity by all means thanks for the info!

This is not against you at all, I appreciate the "update", just asking that you filter it some if it is just Sh*t against the wall stuff from you're message board. If you honestly feel that it has actual validity by all means thanks for the info!

Like I said, checking a source in the Pats organization. So happen to be good friends with your star-special team/reserve LB.

Can't wait to play you guys back again at Reliant. Last time we played you guys we had some great tailgates with Pat fans and a great game (overtime).

That was a great game. Makes me wonder how Daniel Graham feels about his new head coach; you know, the guy he had to get away from when he left NE because he "wasn't being used properly?"

Update, it's not just my board....it's some of yours and a national one as well:

This is coming from a source on Footballguys message board. Staff member there has an inside source with the Pats and occasionally will post good, solid info that is more often right than wrong:

He says he is hearing buzz the Vrable move is part of bigger deal involving Cassel and Pats #1 which will potentially send back a 1st & 3rd to NE, with the teams also flip-flopping in a few other rounds to even out value.

Take it FWIW, but I wouldn't post this if I thought it was garbage. This guy (David Yudkin) has been spot on in lots of areas before and can be counted on for the occasional insider tid bit.

Again this is all SPECULATION, but it's a decent source.
<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

Update, it's not just my board....it's some of yours and a national one as well:

<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->
That guy on Football Guys had a later post (#44 I think) where he specified that "his" source close to the Pats was unable to clarify anything with all the activity flying around Gillette and that he was speculating based on media tidbits - for now, it's baseless.

I are a retired/retarded insecurity analyst [Texas84/Houston messageboard, buddy with star ST Ace = Houston native/Rice grad type fellow. :D] Find out if he's re-signing with NE when you chat with him. :huh:

All I know from him is he wants to. Beyond that is out of his control, for the most part.

Back